Recent Activities

jjunek -

Replied to the thread Aggregation of line items for account.

if you clear the cube (all periods you are going to load) before you can use add

jjunek -

Replied to the thread Dimension change - distribute values for one old element to 3 new elements.

Depends on complexity of the model. Easiest way is to use rule something like. ['SalesRep':{'NewRep1','NewRep2'.'NewRep3'}] = ['SalesRep':'OldRep']/3 + continue() or ['SalesRep':{'NewRep1','NewRep2'.'NewRep3'}] = ['SalesRep':'OldRep']/3 + [] Target of…

jjunek -

Replied to the thread Failed to load cube: Corrupt file,"(Olap server error code: 1010).

martino -

Replied to the thread Failed to load cube: Corrupt file,"(Olap server error code: 1010).

Ok, just for the records: there was indeed NOT enough disk space left. So if you ever stumble upon that error, be sure to check your disk size.

martino -

Posted a new thread: Dimension change - distribute values for one old element to 3 new elements

Thread
    We have quite a large cube with historical sales data for the past years. ​Now, one of the sales representatives quits the company and his sales area is divided and distributed to his 3 successors. ​To be able to do past-based planning, his…

holgrich -

Replied to the thread Aggregation of line items for account.

Counterquestion: What happens if you use your upper table as input of a TableAggregation and structure it like Target - Period - Account - Cost center Measure - Value / sum / numeric

JLop -

Posted a new thread: Jedox on Qlik Sense Mashup

Thread
    Hello community, A few months ago i saw in a webinar video how to integrate a Jedox budgeting report in Qlik sense and how integrate a Qlik dashboard on Jedox. I was looking for some documentation on Jedox knowledge base, but i dont fount something…

Bjoern. -

Posted a new thread: Aggregation of line items for account

Thread
    Hello everyone, I haven't found a thread so far covering this subject and haven't really found a solution in the knowledge base either. Say I have a only a file of line items (i.e. seperate entries to the account) to all P&L accounts and want to get…

holgrich -

Replied to the thread Writing to cube slow ?!.

Quote from jjunek: “What version are you using? Which process uses the cpu most? Are you splashing or loading base cells?” 7.0 SR2 During Cube Load: mainly palo.exe, but also tomcat.exe Splashing is disabled, mode is "update" Not sure what you mean…

Hugo Alex -

Now follows Gerardo Hernandez12.

Follow

Gerardo Hernandez12 -

Now follows Hugo Alex.

Follow

Pascal456 -

Replied to the thread Transform Denormalization.

Quote from p.hildebrandt: “Jedox introduced the "Dynamic Measure Source" for TableDenormalization as of version 7” Ah! OK. Did not know about that. Thanks for the advice. Hope we will change to a newer version very soon.

p.hildebrandt -

Jedox introduced the "Dynamic Measure Source" for TableDenormalization as of version 7 (knowledgebase.jedox.com/knowle…m-tabledenormalisation-2/). Thats probably why you will not find a solution (or workaround) in Jedox 6 SR2, I guess :(

Pascal456 -

Actually I did not find a solution, that automatically takes every unique entry in the Normalizer Field as a Measure and therefore building up new columns out of it. Now I solved my original problem (that I did not explain here) through a business rule,…

Pascal456 -

Posted a new thread: Transform Denormalization

Thread
    Hi,
    I am struggeling with the configuration of a "TableDenormalization Transform" in Jedox Integrator. Actually I am pretty sure that I know what I want to achieve with the TableDenormalization but till now I was not able to figure out the correct

SvenAndersen -

Posted a new thread: Presenting time depending attribute values

Thread
    Dear community, In a report I am using a dynarange to generate a list, in the subset the DFILTER function is used to select the elements to show in the list. Now my question, I know that I can expand the dynarange in the report, in order to show…

Pascal456 -

Replied to the thread Learn to make data meaningful.

Wow, that are some hints and tips sort of quality I have looked for! Thank you very very much! Quote from Bjoern.: “If you find good papers, please do share. It is always advantegous to get new input.” I will do so!

Bjoern. -

Replied to the thread Learn to make data meaningful.

Hi, so far I haven't found scientific papers covering all of your above mentioned points in one go. But just for the parts of meaningful data and data visualization, you might want to have a look at Edward Tufte. He is a bit too much hyped but should…

Pascal456 -

Posted a new thread: Learn to make data meaningful

Thread
    Hi all! I am looking for some help with some quite general questions. I would like to learn more about Business Intelligence. In special I want to learn more about how one should design reports, so that the data it provides is easily to read and…