Recent Activities

Pascal456 -

Replied to the thread Select all Child-Elements / Children for an Average (weighted).

OK. I did not know about those semi-additive aggregations (jedox 6). But in my case it was a little bit different than in the description:- as described, I had to set the option 'Use for semi-additive measure declaration' for the Meaure dimension -…

Pascal456 -

Posted a new thread: Select all Child-Elements / Children for an Average (weighted)

Thread
    Hi. I am looking for a way to calculate an avarage of the children of consolidated elements. There are Measures that hold values as percentages. When it comes to consolidation, those values are summed up. This is obviously wrong because then you may…

kiran.gs -

Replied to the thread Control and alter chart objects via PHP macro.

Check out the Highcharts Demo.. There is a demo under Demo Spreadsheets > Profit & Loss (Waterfall). It was done using Highcharts. Alternately, you could have command buttons to control your source data, rather than the chart object. So, your active…

SvenAndersen -

Replied to the thread Control and alter chart objects via PHP macro.

Quote from laloune: “actually we could use the highcharts API to make custom charts, right? with widgets” Hi How does that work? Sven

martino -

Replied to the thread Dimension change - distribute values for one old element to 3 new elements.

Hi Idivis, thanks for your answer. I think it has to be an ETL approach indeed. So I think the following steps are necessary: - extract cube slice with sales rep´s data - process/split the data in a RDBMS - load it back into the cube Does that…

Slott22 -

Liked H1234’s post in the thread Customize Notification E-Mails from PDF Batch Tasks.

Like (Post)
    Hello, when I am sending out reports Jedox tasks the emails are too technical for the end users that receive the report. Is there a way to customize the e-mails body and subject? Currently the subject reads: Jedox Batch PDF task "Report Name"…

Sara -

Posted a new thread: Drillthrough adds row with nulls and a value divided by 100

Thread
    Hi everyone, I´ve got a strange phenomenon regarding a drillthrough. ?( :?: Even in the data preview of my drillthrough I get a second row that contains part of the original information, severall nulls as well as the #value divided by 100. Has anyone got…

belgarion -

Posted a new thread: Change username for Jedox Connection

Thread
    Hello, I'm searching an solution for change username or password. I will be delete this user because he doesn't work with us now But if I change this password or delete this user, I can't load job or any cube. I will be change all "jedox connection"…

Pascal456 -

Replied to the thread Show a different value for a certain element.

Yes! Thats seems to be also a valid and smart way to do it. Nice to see that there are many ways. PS: Is there a way to tag a thread as done as a user?

p.hildebrandt -

You could also use attributes. e.g: US-X as attribute "Ident" for US. Rule would look like: [...] = PALO.DATA(...,IF(PALO.DATA('Server';'#_Factory';'Ident';!'Factory') == "";!'Factory';PALO.DATA('Server';'#_Factory';'Ident';!'Factory')),...) The…

jjunek -

Are there any reasons to have this parent-child relation between US-X and US. In OLAP only N elements can hold actual data. C elements just aggregates these N element values. Therefore US-X and US would be identical (suppose US-X has only one child). If…

Pascal456 -

jjunek -

Hi Pascal I didn't get relation of US and US-X element from your first post. Why the rule ['Measure', 'Factory':'US'] = ['Measure', 'Factory':'US-X'] should cause circular reference. US-X would have to be parent consolidation of US to make the rule…

Pascal456 -

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks so far. In the meantime I have found another possibility: I made a new consolidated Measure that holds the original one as a child. By this I was able to avoid the circular reference. Because I can now say "the new…

Seaben -

Looks like you need a "helper" cube with a mapping from ISO to US-X. Then you can switch betwen them even in rules.

Pascal456 -

Replied to the thread Standard Deviation.

I know this is old. But for anyone else who stumbles upon this topic: I give a try to do this during the load of the data. There is the possibility to integrate scipts powered by the programming language R which makes calculation of data quite handy. A…

Pascal456 -

Posted a new thread: Show a different value for a certain element

Thread
    Hi, my problem is the following: I cannot find a way to define a Business Rule that replaces a certain element with another one. Example: When I query the value for US (ISO country code), I would instead like to query US-X I tried to solve that with…

ldivis -

Replied to the thread Dimension change - distribute values for one old element to 3 new elements.

Hello martino. I understand your problem well and solved this situation for my client. It is question of the approach and not function, I think. I have created "competence table of business managers" and with small change in this excel or text file leads…

jjunek -

There is no built-in support for such operation. I don't know details, but extracting actual data of the oldSalesRep - and loading them in 3 load jobs back to cube with altered element (new SelesReps) with value divided by 3 in your case. Then you can…

martino -

Hi jjunek, thanks for your support. But I´m afraid I don´t quite get it. I have used rules before, but only to calculate 'pseudo' measures from existing measures. The point is, the old SalesRep (an element in the SalesRep dimension) shall be…