Recent Activities

SvenAndersen -

Replied to the thread Control and alter chart objects via PHP macro.

Quote from laloune: “actually we could use the highcharts API to make custom charts, right? with widgets” Hi How does that work? Sven

martino -

Replied to the thread Dimension change - distribute values for one old element to 3 new elements.

Hi Idivis, thanks for your answer. I think it has to be an ETL approach indeed. So I think the following steps are necessary: - extract cube slice with sales rep´s data - process/split the data in a RDBMS - load it back into the cube Does that…

Slott22 -

Liked H1234’s post in the thread Customize Notification E-Mails from PDF Batch Tasks.

Like (Post)
    Hello, when I am sending out reports Jedox tasks the emails are too technical for the end users that receive the report. Is there a way to customize the e-mails body and subject? Currently the subject reads: Jedox Batch PDF task "Report Name"…

Sara -

Posted a new thread: Drillthrough adds row with nulls and a value divided by 100

Thread
    Hi everyone, I´ve got a strange phenomenon regarding a drillthrough. ?( :?: Even in the data preview of my drillthrough I get a second row that contains part of the original information, severall nulls as well as the #value divided by 100. Has anyone got…

belgarion -

Posted a new thread: Change username for Jedox Connection

Thread
    Hello, I'm searching an solution for change username or password. I will be delete this user because he doesn't work with us now But if I change this password or delete this user, I can't load job or any cube. I will be change all "jedox connection"…

Pascal456 -

Replied to the thread Show a different value for a certain element.

Yes! Thats seems to be also a valid and smart way to do it. Nice to see that there are many ways. PS: Is there a way to tag a thread as done as a user?

p.hildebrandt -

You could also use attributes. e.g: US-X as attribute "Ident" for US. Rule would look like: [...] = PALO.DATA(...,IF(PALO.DATA('Server';'#_Factory';'Ident';!'Factory') == "";!'Factory';PALO.DATA('Server';'#_Factory';'Ident';!'Factory')),...) The…

jjunek -

Are there any reasons to have this parent-child relation between US-X and US. In OLAP only N elements can hold actual data. C elements just aggregates these N element values. Therefore US-X and US would be identical (suppose US-X has only one child). If…

Pascal456 -

jjunek -

Hi Pascal I didn't get relation of US and US-X element from your first post. Why the rule ['Measure', 'Factory':'US'] = ['Measure', 'Factory':'US-X'] should cause circular reference. US-X would have to be parent consolidation of US to make the rule…

Pascal456 -

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks so far. In the meantime I have found another possibility: I made a new consolidated Measure that holds the original one as a child. By this I was able to avoid the circular reference. Because I can now say "the new…

Seaben -

Looks like you need a "helper" cube with a mapping from ISO to US-X. Then you can switch betwen them even in rules.

Pascal456 -

Replied to the thread Standard Deviation.

I know this is old. But for anyone else who stumbles upon this topic: I give a try to do this during the load of the data. There is the possibility to integrate scipts powered by the programming language R which makes calculation of data quite handy. A…

Pascal456 -

Posted a new thread: Show a different value for a certain element

Thread
    Hi, my problem is the following: I cannot find a way to define a Business Rule that replaces a certain element with another one. Example: When I query the value for US (ISO country code), I would instead like to query US-X I tried to solve that with…

ldivis -

Replied to the thread Dimension change - distribute values for one old element to 3 new elements.

Hello martino. I understand your problem well and solved this situation for my client. It is question of the approach and not function, I think. I have created "competence table of business managers" and with small change in this excel or text file leads…

jjunek -

There is no built-in support for such operation. I don't know details, but extracting actual data of the oldSalesRep - and loading them in 3 load jobs back to cube with altered element (new SelesReps) with value divided by 3 in your case. Then you can…

martino -

Hi jjunek, thanks for your support. But I´m afraid I don´t quite get it. I have used rules before, but only to calculate 'pseudo' measures from existing measures. The point is, the old SalesRep (an element in the SalesRep dimension) shall be…

jjunek -

Replied to the thread Aggregation of line items for account.

if you clear the cube (all periods you are going to load) before you can use add

jjunek -

Depends on complexity of the model. Easiest way is to use rule something like. ['SalesRep':{'NewRep1','NewRep2'.'NewRep3'}] = ['SalesRep':'OldRep']/3 + continue() or ['SalesRep':{'NewRep1','NewRep2'.'NewRep3'}] = ['SalesRep':'OldRep']/3 + [] Target of…

jjunek -

Replied to the thread Failed to load cube: Corrupt file,"(Olap server error code: 1010).