Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 412.

Community Benefits

Pommie - - General

LOL - the Jedox Community Edition may be no use to me any more, but forum membership still provides benefits as this message just received from forum member, revc1, clearly shows "I am sending you this mail with sympathy and concern regarding late client deposited millions USD, relative whom I have failed to locate two years now so I will need full co-operation from you to transfer the funds to your account as the next of kin. I will tell you the name late client and current amount of funds invo…

Measures format

Pommie - - Wish List

But not, sadly, for those people who use the community version. For us attributes are a thing of the past.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Well I finally got round to evaluating 5 base version and none of my models work any more. Fantastic job Jedox! The differences between Base and premium are now so great that meaningful apps which could be created (albeit with some frustration like the N: B: rule edit issue) will no longer work. Bizzarely Jedox state that "Regarding database size, dimensions, or numbers of users, the Free version is not restricted in any way." - it would, IMO, have been …

"Jedox Base offers a reduced Feature Set in the Excel Addin compared to Jedox Premium" I think we are all rather interested to know what those differences are Dominik! Can you please be more specific?

Palo 3.2 Community Edition

Pommie - - General

As ldivis points out it is now over a year since the last release of PALO CE Can I please ask someone from Jedox to tell us whether there are any plans to release further versions.

And thanks again Djordja

Thanks again Djordja Unfortunately my German isn't up to translating a technical manual. I rarely get past ordering a beer before start to reach the limits of my German vocabulary The equivalent link from the sitemap to jedox.com/en/jedox-downloads/j…cumentations-archive.html gives a 404 error I am afraid so i am still stuck.

Thanks Djordja All I can see on that page s the "What's new" PDF document and the software download links. I can't see a manual. Am I missing something?

Hi Robert Thanks for the reply Quote: “Fortunately you are wrong here. You can use ETL Server in Palo Suite (fka CE). ”Ah yes - my fault - I downloaded the suite, ran setup.exe and was surprised not to see any install of the ETL. I have worked out now that setup.exe is just the Palo for excel set up isn't it I can't find the 3.2 CE manual and the 3.3 manual is obviously rather different, and I found installing from memory to be a challenge! I have now uninstalled the Excel add in and then reinst…

Leaving aside the question of why the calculations that used to work don't any more, you'd need an ETL to do cumulatives in a dimension structure in a way that kept you sane, and that isn't available in the CE. It CAN be done that way but the point of using a rule is that it is self maintaining and thus reduces the margin for admin error when time periods are added. Edit - the other reason for using the rule is that I want to calculate cumulatives for a limited number of data variables, and disp…

And rather late - thirded. The open source version originally seemed like a great way to get people to work with Palo and see how good it can be. That seemed like a reality when I first began to use the product 3 years or so ago. Now it the O/S version seems like a very poor relation.

I have the following rule in a simplified test cube - just this one rule. Weeks 111201 and 112202 are indexed 1 and 2 respectively in my Time dimension. It tests whether the time element is index 1 in the dimension in which case it makes cumulative sales for that week = Sales, otherwise it make Cumulative Sales = Cumulative Sales last week (index -1 for based on current week) + Sales this week. All pretty basic stuff. Source Code (7 lines) Leaving aside the apparently insoluble B: / N: issue thi…

OK - I am REALLY confused here now. If i write a new rule it defaults to B: but it WRITES the rule with an N: Can somebody explain what should happen here? I am using a clean install of PALO 3.2 community so excel add in and server service should be compatible.

I am running Community edition 3.2 (or 3.1 if I believe the service manager) I am getting a problem with the server seeming to go circular and run out of RAM with a rule that used to work fine in 3.1 and when I try to edit it I get this parse error. If I change N: to B: it accepts it but does not write the change back again. I can't find any reference to the B: / N: change in any release notes on the Jedox or Palo sites so I'm not sure if the N: is still supposed to function OK. Jedox seem as co…

No Opensource download available

Pommie - - General

Yes I was a bit surprised by how hidden it was when I visited the web site yesterday. If I hadn't known it was there SOMEWHERE I'd have given up, but I did eventually find it hidden away at the bottom with just a text link. The OS version seem to be becoming very much the poor relative of the Premium version....

COUNTIF in rules

Pommie - - Rules

No wories - the == catches me out regularly I'm sure there is a logic as to why the first = is just a single = but in the bodyof the rule it has to be ==, but whatever logic it is escapes me I'm afraid

COUNTIF in rules

Pommie - - Rules

Quote: “["CountOfYes"] = N: IF(["YesOrNoQuestion"] = "Yes",1,0)” I think that might have worked if you had used the double = as in ["CountOfYes"] = N: IF(["YesOrNoQuestion"] == "Yes",1,0)

Dimension Build

Pommie - - Palo ETL

Hi I am having problems with dimension build speed in ETL server. I have tried standalone ETL and Palo Suite - both have the same issue. What used to take a few seconds takes 2 hours to complete I am now using today's download of premium suite and it still has this issue. Jedox say the ETL runs in about 15 seconds on their set up so I guess it may be environmental. I am running Windows 7 and Excel 2007 Anyone seen this or have any ideas how to deal with it?

Data file without column headers

Pommie - - Palo ETL

Chris Many thanks for that - it is now working!!! Is there a way to do this WITHOUT using the SQL box then?

Data file without column headers

Pommie - - Palo ETL

Hi Holger Well my head is a bit sore now I am attaching a zip file with a datafile called fileforumtest.csv and an ETL Data_Imports_Forum.xml It has two extracts Actuals FL Extract Col 1 which does not work and Actuals FL Extract * which does. Any suggestions gratefuly received