Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 267.

Hi, you can achieve this using Groups and configuring the #Group_DImensionData_... cubes according to your need. I strongly suggest you downloading the manual from the "Download" section of Jedox site and use it intensively... Best regards, RQ

Version transfer

realquo - - Best Practices

Have a nice day! RQ

Version transfer

HI, the "Copy" command from excel can be used to copy a region of the cube on another region (with same dimensionality), and it's particularly useful to manage scenarios. Let's suppose that, aside the other dimensions (Customer, Product, Time, etc) you have a Scenario dimension, in which an "Actual" element is present (containing the actual values) and that you want to simulate a Scenario starting from the Actual obviously without touching data in the latter. So you can create a "Scenario 1" in …

Version transfer

Depending on the complexity of your model, you could also think of using the "Copy" command directly from the front end (Excel palo add-in?)... Regards, RQ

% change over the previous period

realquo - - Rules

Sorry but I'm not able to help you on this, we use a home-developed ETL tool... Best regards, RQ

Paste View - beginner problem

realquo - - Palo for Excel

Hi, I had this problem several times in the past due to the installation of the excel add-in not being made under the machine/domain Administrator the account, or not selecting "install for all users" during the installation; Modeler went showing, Paste view not. Re-installing properly usually solved my problem, pls let us k now, regards, RQ

Security Dimension

realquo - - Palo OLAP Server

Hi, palo visibility is per Group, so you have to group together all the users with same visibility. Anyway, if my memory is good, you can combine groups visibility (Grant/Deny) in order to achieve what you need. My suggestion is to carefully read the Manual and then come back with more specific questions, best regards, RQ

My intent toward MrMongoose was to provide a quick idea... But yes, for the sake of truth, according to what I previously read I realized that the security limitation in Jedox 5 Base is client-side (Excel add-in), regards, RQ

Hi, I did not test Jedox Base so far, but its limitations comparing to Palo CE are severe, e.g.: - you cannot have attributes in your dimensions - no security on data - no etl - no intercube rules It's true that jedox 5 has a more powerful engine, but it is more suitable for creating demo than for live applications, e.g. read here: jedox.com/community/palo-forum…ad&threadID=3845&pageNo=1 (both first and second page), best regards, RQ

% change over the previous period

realquo - - Rules

Hi, this question has been discussed several times, I suggest you to search the forum using EPREV as search string (PALO.EPREV is the function to refer to the previous element, e.g. period, in a dimension), regards, RQ

Paste View using VBA

I'm not aware of any palo.pasteview function or method in VBA. You can use palo.data or palo.datac to retrieve the value at specific coordinates intersection and put it into a cell of your choice, but writing an entire "pasteview" procedure in VBA is prohibitive to me... Regards, RQ

I suggest you spend the appropriate time reading the manuals and, after you have a good understanding of the basics, ask the forum community for specific questions... You can download manuals here jedox.com/en/jedox-downloads/jedox-documentation.html (version 5) and here jedox.com/en/jedox-downloads/j…ocumentation-archive.html (version 4 and previous ones, i.e. Palo Community Edtion), best regards, RQ

Yes, English is definitely better since I don't understand German I suppose 2.5 add-in should work with 3.2 (that I'd better define "the most recent OS edition", because version 5 is actually the new), maybe you can find it, but I don't know if it is still available browsing here: jedox.com/en/jedox-downloads/jedox-software-archive.html . Moreover 2.5 too works with an .exe installer... In case you could not find it on jedox site and you still need it please drop me a PM and I'll upload it somew…

Hi Ruedi, according to what I know, using the .exe installer has always been necessary since version 2.5 and I cannot figure out another way; during the installation several components (dll, COM, etc) are created and registered, all things that normally require admin privileges and I hardly see a way to do manually. Interesting question though... Best regards, RQ

Pricing

realquo - - General

Hi, I suppose you could contact a local partner, you should be able to find one here: jedox.com/en/partner/find-a-partner.html Best regards, RQ

Hi Noel, it looks interesting to me, thanks, best regards! RQ

Sparklines for Excel

HI, I've been searching too. As you say, the most promising free addins are Sparklines for Excel and TinyGraphs but they are far from perfect, especially to work jointly with palo. I'm interested too in suggestions (apart from upgrading to Excel 2010 where sparklines are native...), regards, RQ

Palo values format.

Hi, measure formatting set via server is one of the entries in my Palo wish list. At least in the Community Edition (Palo), no, you cannot act on that; I'm not aware about Jedox Suite status / roadmap. Kind regards, RQ

Cost Allocation/Distribution in Palo

realquo - - Rules

Hi, I think it would be possible to help you having a more clear picture, maybe you could provide your palo db with sample data and some additional explanation of the desired result? Kind regards, RQ

Approval Process in Jedox Excel

Hi, you could configure your VBA code so it impersonates "admin" (you can protect your code in several ways in order to avoid revealing admin password) even if the user is not enabled to write on system cubes. You could check the forum for "http VBA Api" for examples on how to connect under specific credentials. Anyway, if you have SVS at your disposal, I suppose it to be the proper place to perform such operation, regards, RQ