Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 109.

Hi, do I have to worry if the status of the cube in the demo database states "loaded" but with my own cubes say "not loaded"? Is this a performance problem? Thanks, Mario

pre-calculated aggregations

Irbis - - Palo OLAP Server

Hi blabj, the level of dril-down is determined by individual parties and their demands. Ususally one does not require the same depths as the others. But: I have several steps from a workflow, about 40 steps, some of which are relevant for invoicing, some only in case of necessary clarification. I wanted to avoid drill through. So every step in the workflow represents a manual process which is expected to be recorded and aggregated to determine the data quality which leads to a high ratio of manu…

Well, it "automagically" fixed iteself. Wit Listen 0.0.0.0 8081 and Listen 0.0.0.0:80 and a reboot of the machine (it's a VM to be exact) it now works. Thanks for those who considered my problem anyway, Mario

RE: JavaScript Problem with PALO Suite

Irbis - - General

I assume you're using IE? Try Chrome or Firefox, it's a documented problem ... Cheers, Mario

pre-calculated aggregations

Irbis - - Palo OLAP Server

Hi there, I always had in mind that palo does pretty much do the work in advance, saying that a request to an aggregation only delivers a precalculated result instead of starting to sum just then? Do I have to do a trick or do I need to apply rules? Cache size in palo.ini is on 200M Would a set of rules be able to fill the cache so my users get a more "interactive user esperience"? Thanks in advance, Mario

Hi, I'm a little in trouble here as I wanted to provide a reporting interface via web access using the nice web interface. I'm only allowed to run the web server on port 80 which suits me well, I edited the httpd.conf accordingly to allow listen on 0.0.0.0:80. Locally this works, all the interface does play nicely As soon as I try from a remote station after logging in via admin/admin I get "Backend not " It would be troublesome for me to have to open some mysterious port for the communication b…

RE: Excel Client - Http Protocol

Irbis - - General

Since Palo 1.5 (I think, but definitely in 2.0) the communication is HTTP, only on a different Port. If you set it to 80, that works too. Already tried it, although I put an Apache on Port 80 and redirected some directories to local port of Palo. This protects the Palo Server and allows you to put arbitrary content (up to PHP apps locally working on the Palo Server) on the Web Site. Ciao, Mario

Minimum, Maximum

Irbis - - Best Practices

Hi John, sorry for answering late, but: "Consider a node that is January, Store 1, Product A Is the minimum the minimum for all months, all stores or all products, or maybe Quarter 1, Region A or Ladieswear." The minimum is exactly covering the same region as the sum (standard aggregation) does. If the node is completely addressed (January, Store 1, Product A) then the min is the same as the number. In case of (all months, Store 1, Product A) there is the minimum of all months to be expected (in…

Minimum, Maximum

Irbis - - Best Practices

Remember, it's open source, there is no reason for a good programmer to not volunteer and give it a try. It's supposed to be good netiquette to give something back. Currently my personal time budget is restricted and I do not know if I got the wits but surely someone else does? Ciao, Mario

Minimum, Maximum

Irbis - - Best Practices

... which means waiting for Palo 2.1 might help to make a workaround possible, a native implementation still would make life much easier. And I do not expect the implementation too difficult. Just the extension to allow different aggregation algorithms throughout the system is what I would be scared of. Cheers, Mario

Minimum, Maximum

Irbis - - Best Practices

Hello Michael, this has been requested already before. But thanks for the feedback. Will the roadmap become more detailled or is there any other way to determine if a special wish or feature is on your list? Otherwise boring repetition is unavoidable Ciao, Mario

RE: Function "Copy" extremely slow

Irbis - - General

Just did so. Ciao, Mario

RE: Function "Copy" extremely slow

Irbis - - General

Hello Stephanie, just to add some information about the cube used

Hi Alexander, if you need to have step by step calculations in 1.5 or 2.0 you can - calculate them during import - use push rules - use the supervision server I do not see any other choice right now, sorry for that. HTH, Mario

palo 2.0

Irbis - - General

You may want to scroll down on the download page, there is a link without a button for it. It takes a while to load in the palo server. HTH, Mario

PALO 2.0 - Creating rules

Irbis - - General

Yep, but I would not keep the conversion rate in a lookup without a time stamp. These are changing way to often. I would calculate conversions when writing into an analysis cube or perhaps alternatively (for scenarios starting with "what would have happened if ... ") keep this relational approach but then strictly along along a time line. You would not like to multiply historical finacial data with contemporary conversion rates but rather those which have been effective at this time. But normall…

RE: access rights between cubes

Irbis - - Palo for Excel

Hi Stephanie, thank you very much. I might want to try this out, if this works gracefully. But if it is impossible for Bob to gain acces to data he is not supposed to know that is already a great relief. Ciao, Irbis (AKA Mario)

access rights between cubes

Irbis - - Palo for Excel

I have another question about cube rules: suppose in one database I have two cubes A and B. User Bob has read/write access to A but is not enitled to work with B or only limited to certain elements of it (accounting cube with salary costs and procurement costs, only the latter may have been made accessible). If there is a rule in cube A doing a palo.data access to B, are these access rights transiting here from B to A? Will Bob get a #NV in A because salary data in B are referenced? Is this guar…

PALO 2.0 - Creating rules

Irbis - - General

Your example might fail with slowly changing dimension which certainly applies for a product prize in most circumstances. Ok, to me it is obvious when I would separate data into cubes (I would keep time dimensions usually in but there are plenty of those examples). Now with rules I just wanted to know if anybody experienced substantial drawbacks when keeping these separate cubes and calculated between them. If your experiences from TM1 may be considered to be indicative there is no need now to h…

RE: Rules function stet

Irbis - - Palo for Excel

Yes, thanks, this makes it more understandable! So it is important to the leafes too. Ciao, Mario