Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 98.

RE: Consolidate during Import

cavallo - - Palo for Excel

Hi, pls. use the enclosed file to import values. You can see in Cell B2 that the value comes from the list (starting at row 9) plus the value from the DataC function in cell G4 that reads what is in the cube BEFORE setdata in B4 writes the new cumulated value to the cube. If you do not want cumulated values just type 0 into G4. (This will speed up the import if you do not need cumulated values.) Cell B5 writes a logfile. (adjust path and filename, not sure if this is working, sometimes it did) a…

well, ... bugs.palo.net/mantis/public_show_bug.php?bug_id=1402#end I reported the bug and provided additional information on how a nullfilter should work. I hope Jedox is working on it... I have a Win2003 Server with 4GB Ram but Palo only uses 1 CPU and only 600 MB RAM but calculates 20 min. (Palo 2.0). I am not going to test this wiht 2.5 as long as zero suppression does not work. arno

How did you reorder the dimensions? Those with many elements first, few elements first, ...?

RE: Consolidate during Import

this works if you use a dataC formula when importing the same combination of cells many times. so, your setdata function does NOT take the value from the data directly, it takes the value from a dataC formula (calculating what is so far in the cube) PLUS the value from the csv-file (100+150=250). This will import the cumulated value. you can avoid this by grouping your data by all your dimensions before importing them. this will make the import a lot faster (because you import less rows). otherw…

RE: More of the manual please

cavallo - - General

you should buy the full manual (on 2.0), see jedox.com/Palo_Handbook.html

ohh.. Nullfilters do not work. I restarted Excel, combined years and customers in a paste view on the bikers cube and all future years appear with zero values. see attached file.

I also posted this in the bug reporting system, pls. post your opinion here if you like: The nullfilter does not work. It is _not_ filtering the result of the paste view function, however, it appears to be editing the selections made in the paste view dialog. I hope, this is not by design. A basic working nullfilter never displays rows with null values only - no matter what the user selects in the query/paste view dialog. Maybe you can add another option for this to the paste view dialog. As I a…

Trace cube formula

just send the beta and I'll test for you

Trace cube formula

Sure, you can see everything on the screenshot. In the background you can see the paste view used. I do not type in anything, I run a paste view, click on B9 and start PaloTracer with its toolbar. Palo server and client are running on the same machine in the screenshot. Everything works normaly, just PaloTracer cannot find cubes. If I add one line to the code, I can see the name of the cube in A25: Source Code (2 lines) EDIT: I think the macro has a problem if only ONE cube exists in a database …

Trace cube formula

sorry, the declarations where there I just did not see them... The code does not work, I checked on another machine. I have Win2k, Excel 2002 SP3 and Win 2003 with Excel 2003 SP3. I attached a screenshot.

Trace cube formula

Hi, unfortunately it is not working, same error: Source Code (7 lines) What would the code look like with all variables declared? arno

Final Release - when?

cavallo - - Palo ETL

Hi, jedox.com/en/enterprise-spread…-server/etl_download.html says "404 file not found". I downloaded from sourceforge.net/projects/palo-etl-server/ but I cannot find "PaloETL_1.0_Manual.pdf" mentioned in the readme-files. I also have a problem to download the source file from various mirrors, I only get 170 to 200 kB instead of 500kB, so I do not know if the pdf is included there. arno

problem with palostyles.xls

cavallo - - General

>nothing happened either something changes: the format styles says "right" but the cell has "left" alignment. maybe this is an excel bug. I have Excel 2003 SP3.

Trace cube formula

>So you're up and running now then? no. I replace your formula with hardcode ("Sales") in the macro that fails. Then, the rest of the procedures work. The original code still does not find the name of the cube.

RE: problem with palostyles.xls

cavallo - - General

Hi, I changed all col-styles in palostyles.xls, restarted the service, also changed the formats to alignment right in the reports. Whenever I do a paste view the alignment turns to left again. When I check the settings Excel says right alignment, however, the cells have left alignment... Would somebody post a working palostyles.xls with some none-standard settings? arno

Trace cube formula

Hi, in the sheet =PALO.DATABASE_LIST_CUBES(A1) shows "Sales", however, in the VBA-Code below it does not produce a result. The last line does not show anything as there is no value for "i=1" in cubeList: Sub checkCubeValid() Dim cubeList As Variant, cubeOK As Boolean, i As Integer, myCube As String cubeOK = False cubeList = Run("PALO.DATABASE_LIST_CUBES", server) 'On Error Resume Next i = 0 While i < 30 And (Not cubeOK) i = i + 1 myCube = cubeList(i, 1) Error: Laufzeitfehler 9, "Index ausserhalb…

Trace cube formula

hi, I cannot make it work. I have a simple paste view on the demo database and I change a reference of the _data area from eg. A3 to B3, so, a dimension is wrong in the formula. However, I always get the message "your cube or server is invalid". If I change a dimension eg. "Years" in A3 from "2002" to "xyz" (which does not exist) I will get the same error message. I also get the message on working formulae. Shouldn't I get a message telling me what dimension is wrong in the formula? I used DataC…

I would like to suggest to define two target ranges in the paste view function. One range (the top left corner of if) would be for the server parameters and "_page" elements and one range for the top left corner of the data area. This would help to separate parameters from the report, one could have a parameter sheet with many queries and eg. only one sheet for the results. The range names could be linked to the Excel sheet name, eg. mysheet1_palo_parameters1, mysheet2_palo_view1 for the first r…

see esp. the last post of Enno: How many dimension can I have?

Hi, it is easy to run my own code _before_ I fire a palo-event by using eg. Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick events. However, I cannot find a way to run an event _after_ palo finished its procedures. I see 2 possible solutions, and one problem: 1) pls. disclose the event-name (and parameters to pass) when doubleclicking. I am wondering why this is kept as a secret. It is not even possible to run a paste view with the send-keys method, as there are no hotkeys defined in the palo-paste-view-form. @Jedo…