Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 119.

Good news: OpenOffice Calc Add-in is getting some love from JPalo.. released 2.1 version. Bad news: Its no longer free - comes with 30 day demo license - commercial licence only. All these bait and switch tactics with the "open source" moniker is gonna hurt Palo adoption. It would lessen the blow somewhat, if they at least offered the last free/community 2.0.3 version as a download! They point you to sourceforge.net where the only openoffice palo add-in I can find is version 1.1. Jedox offers 2.…

Hi Christa, The OpenOffice Calc Addin is java based (uses JPalo library), so likely its a java related problem. Check your OpenOffice JRE settings (Tools -> Options -> Java). Also check this link: developer.apple.com/java/faq/ -Bob

Start Palo 3.1 via cron problem

blabj - - Palo OLAP Server

whats in /var/log/palobackup.log ?? - kinda critical since this is where you are redirecting output also - try putting "set -x" at the top of your script (below #!/bin/bash) this will give you more verbose bash output Also - sometimes cron can be fussy about redirection.. so instead do it in your script... So in cron: 30 04 * * * /root/palobackup.sh And in script: #!/bin/bash exec &> /var/log/palobackup.log set -x ....

User Rights Expansion

blabj - - General

Thanks RQ, I was hoping to not require 2 cubes, but it seems there is no alternative.

If instead you use the product code as the element, and product name as the attribute, this will automatically happen. IE. elements being unique are automatically enforced by Palo. I don't think there is any facility to ensure attribute uniqueness.

Cross-dimension security

I've had no luck segregating security by dimension by user/group.. see my post here: jedox.com/community/palo-forum/thread.php?threadid=2236 I never got a reply, but it seems the inheritance and precedence rules inhibit such a thing. If you do figure it out, I'm interested to see how.

Cross-dimension security

Don't have a direct answer for you, but just keep in mind, security is user/role/group driven, so not sure how/if you can map dimension elements to users and "derive" security rules from there. I think you may have to maintain groups (in the Palo sense), and not as an Employee dimension, and allow certain groups to see certain projects.

Not sure if I would use it with Palo, but pretty darn cool!

Problem with linux/firefox and column widths still exists with client version 3.1.0.441.

jedox.com/community/palo-forum/thread.php?threadid=2276 Although ETL related - it might be same issue.

How to export to PDF

blabj - - Palo for Excel

Perhaps its a typo? There is poppler (poppler-utils and libpoppler - a PDF rendering library and utilities).

How to export to PDF

blabj - - Palo for Excel

Install OpenOffice and you can export any spreadsheet to PDF. Not sure what you mean by "in design mode"?

Palooca 2.0.1

blabj - - OpenOffice Calc Add-In

Awesome. Thanks.

Good question.. not sure if there is any type of repair utility.. I rely on good backups.. I do cross-site rsync: rsync --stats -xauH --delete --exclude="*.archived" /opt/jedox/pbis/Data $remotehost:/opt/jedox/pbis scheduled to run after the database flush (once per day), and can therefore recover my Data dir. Also, to be safe, I've designed all my ETL processes to be able to re-create all dimensions/cubes from scratch, if necessary. I restrict write-backs to specific cubes, and push those back …

I don't think its clear what you asking... for example you are calling dimensions elements.. ie. Month and Product are dimensions, not elements - elements are contained inside dimensions. Also, you cannot join data items without a common dimension, otherwise you end up with a large cartesian product. Perhaps you should describe the high level problem you are trying to solve, and then you will have more luck getting some answers.

ETL and Sybase

blabj - - Palo ETL

did you restart tomcat?

Upgrade the kernel.... 2.6.9 is 6 years old.

Worksheet & mySQL

blabj - - Palo for Excel

Palo Worksheet and/or Palo for Excel/Calc work against a MOLAP cube, not against a relational database like mySQL. ETL-server is required to extract/transform relational data into a cube. If you just want to access relation mysql data from a spreadsheet, there is a native mysql add-on available for openoffice calc. Not sure, but there is likely something available for Execl as well.

creating consolidation

blabj - - Palo ETL

Check the examples.. like importBiker.. which shows these types of field transforms.. its actually *very* flexible.. its just hard to visualize the transformation pipeline.

creating consolidation

blabj - - Palo ETL

Ok.. this is what I do.. I use two dimensions to represent time.. the Year dimension and the Month dimension. The Year dimension can simply be loaded from a relational extract: select unique year(trans_date) from sourcetable The Month dimension can be statically defined as a tree extract with the following tree structure: Source Code (17 lines) You can then use a FieldTransform on your "date" field to extract the "Year" and "Month".. and then a TableTransform to map these extracted fields to the…