Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 87.

Hi nuch, Are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit version of the Palo 3.2 server? If you installed the standard Palo Server with Excel add-in then I think you will have the 32 bit version hence the memory limitations. If you want to address more memory then you could try this: - Uninstall Palo - Install the 64 bit server (from the download site) - Install the Palo Excel add-in but disable/uncheck the server installation Hope this helps. Rod

Hi Patrick, Firstly, well done for working this out and thanks for sharing. Where the value is a constant i.e. your tax level of 20% will always have a value of 20% then this will be fine. Using attributes means the value is applied globally so any change you make can have a forward and retrospective impact on rule calculated values. This becomes more of an issue where the attribute may be more generic in nature i.e. Tax Rate or where an attribute may change over time. Hope this helps. Rod

Palo Analyser and Mondrian

Rod - - Palo Web

Hi Pascal, 1. Try admin for both username and password. 2. I don't have any experience with Mondrian so I can't help there 3. What properites are you trying to view/change as there are a couple of locations? Hope this helps. Rod

Entering Data in Cube

Rod - - Palo for Excel

Hi Rutger, You can also use load sheets to import the data. This takes information from a CSV or TXT file and imports into Palo via an Excel sheet using the PALO.SETDATA formula. I hope this helps. Rod

Installationproblem Excel for Palo

Rod - - Palo for Excel

Hi thugvince, Try this link: jedox.com/community/palo-forum…page=Thread&threadID=2195 Hope this helps. Rod

Hi Mark, Where I haven't been able to directly connect PALO to another application via SQL or whatever I have generally gotten around the issue by: - creating a process to extract data from Palo - creating a process in the target system to import the data (sometime you need others to do this...) - creating a job through windows task scheduler that executes both sides i.e. Palo export and target import This isn't the best solution because things can go wrong but 99% of the time it works as expect…

Hi Gary, Just to confirm, which log file are you seeing the attempt in? Some settings are stored in the registry (assuming windows) under HKCU\Software\Jedox. Hope this helps. Rod

Hi MarkW, Just to confirm, which version of Palo are you using? In relation to issue 2, have you tried creating an import file with a subset of records, including some that did not import and stepping through the import process one record at a time to see what is visible on the screen? Hope this helps. Rod

Hi Mark, If you are using the Community version then ODBO only works within Excel. Not sure if you have taken a look at the ETL server as this has a lot of options for pushing data to and from Palo and you can trigger jobs to run via batch files from other applications. Hope this helps. Rod

Cheapest price or minimum function

Rod - - Rules

Hi Holger, You could use a rule similar to the following to calculate a value for 'cheapest price': Source Code (1 line) Hope this helps. Rod

Download Online ODBC Demo

Rod - - General

Hi Mark, The Palo Suite includes the ETL server which has a package demonstrating ODBC connectivity. If this sounds like what you are after you can navigate to jedox.com/en/downloads/Palo-Do…ity-windows-download.html (current version) or jedox.com/en/downloads/archive/download.html to select a previous version. Hope this helps. Rod

Simple rule, turn negative value into zero

Rod - - Rules

Hi Miljana, You cannot manipulate a cell against itself. Depending on what your other dimensions are for you could do try one of the following: - add a new element into one Valuta or Godina dimensions and then calculate all results against another element i.e. load data against a version called "original" and then run the rule against a version called "result"; Source Code (1 line) or - create dummy elements in the Aop dimension i.e. 214_original and then have the rule for 214 reference that val…

Hi karaoan, I have the same issue and my work around is to use the following sequence of keys to move the window: - Press <Alt> - Press <Space> - Press M - User arrow keys to relocate screen - Press <Enter> to exit move mode It's not elegant but it does work and Windows (or Palo) remembers the window placement for the next time. Hope this helps. Rod

Rule Editor not working correct

Rod - - Palo for Excel

Hi Roman, I have had the same problem - please see my reply to an earlier post. jedox.com/community/palo-forum…page=Thread&threadID=3177 Hope this helps. Rod

repeated data in one import file

Rod - - Palo for Excel

Hi xliu, If you are using an Excel worksheet to import the data then consider using the PALO.DATA command to pull out any existing values and then in your PALO.SETDATA command add the value from the import file to the existing cube value i.e. the relevant formula would start PALO.SETDATA(A1 + PALO.DATA(... This process then gives you the cumulative upload you want. Hope this helps. Regards, Rod

IF function in PALO

Rod - - Rules

Hi ericalucas, I think the following might achieve what you want:Source Code (1 line)Hope this helps. Rod

Hi Sascha, A couple of thoughts for you: How many decimal places in your data? I have had problems with rounding where the number of decimal places exceeds 14. Secondly, are all the rows unique? If they are not then is your load set to be cumulative? Hope this helps. Rod

RE: Rule for two-way calculations

Rod - - Rules

Hi nikita, One work around would be to create two additional elements in the SalesMeasure dimension: - calculated unit - calculated amount If you had rules similar to the following this will give you some level of what-if analysis.Source Code (2 lines)Hope this helps. Rod

Hi AS, I have had the same problem and the only workaround has been to either re-install PALO (sometimes work) or on one client machine the only workable solution is to export the rules, update them in a text editor (Notepad) and then reimport. The only problem with using Notepad is that if you have Synatax errors it can be a lengthy process to upload the revised rules. Hope this helps. Rod

Hi, I am not aware of any limitation and I have one client who with the Community version has up to 50 users at a time entering data (but their rules are not complex). Hope this helps. Rod