Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 154.

RE: Rules Palo very slow!

Michel - - Rules

Quote: “Originally posted by Sandro Accardi Now i tried to add a rule like this: ['Abw_11-10_%'] = ['Abw_11-10'] / ['Ist 2011'] * 100 But this rule takes more than 15 minutes to calculate the variance. ” Palo has the concept of markers that help handling sparsity (lots of empty cells). You can apply markers on leaf level cells. Rewriting (and splitting) your rule like: ['Abw_11-10_%'] = N: [['Abw_11-10']] / ['Ist 2011'] * 100 ['Abw_11-10_%'] = C: ['Abw_11-10'] / ['Ist 2011'] * 100 should speed u…

Hi, Cubeware will no longer support Palo. The Palo drivers that are available stay availabe, but will not be developed any further. Michel

RE: missing PALO error elimination in OS

Michel - - General

Seconded!

Hi tish1, The free version of Importer (IMPPalo) indeed has a limit on the number of lines that can be processed within a job/mapping - this limit is on 50.000 lines. Another limit is that you can't schedule jobs. If the number of lines you need to process in a single job/mapping is below 50.000 lines and it is not neccessary to schedule the jobs, then IMPPalo is a great, easy to use data-processing/ETL tool. And there always is the option to upgrade to a full Importer, without the limitations..…

Range with MAX

Michel - - Rules

I know TM1 has this option (although it is not functioning in a useable way), but AFAIK PALO doesn't have the option to separate NULL from zero. Michel

Connection to PALO ETL Server

Michel - - Cubeware - IMP:PALO

Hi, Did you right-click on the OLAP conection in you Import definition and select 'Read Structure'? This will read in the current DB structure. Michel

RE: Time dimension modelling

Michel - - Palo for Excel

Hi, You can define alternative hierarchies in a dimension, so you can roll-up the same elements in various consolidations. You can define subsets on a dimension, holding a selection of all the available elements. It indeed can be a lot of work building a dimension. You could use an Excel sheet in C, N notation (see manual), or you could script the dimension build using f.i. ETL Server or Cubeware Importer (IMPPalo). Michel

RE: Time dimension modelling

Hi, You can create a single time dimension (f.i. called 'Time' or 'Periods'). In this dimension the leaf elements are days. Based on these days you can create consolidated elements that aggregate the days to weeks, months, week-to-date, month-to-date, year-to-date, etc. Michel

Is anyone moderating this forum? This clown is already posting for some days now... [edit: post I referred to has been removed]

Hi, Like Holger mentioned, you need to have created a connection to your Access database called "RDB1". I was wondering why you are manually scripting this - why don't you just create a mapping on the Projekt dimension, add a query on your Access db as a resultset object and add the Projekt dim as a destination object and draw the needed connections? No scripting need in this case. Michel

Weird cell focus change

Isn't the behaviour just caused by the 'Edit directly in cell' Excel option? If, in Excel, you go to 'Tools'->'Options', tab 'Edit' and unselect 'Edit directly in cell', is the double-click behaviour working as expected again? Michel

target in the rule

Michel - - Rules

Hi Andrea, What does your cube (or cubes?) structure look like? If 'E' is an element in a dimension in the target cube you can simply use ['2009','IMPACC','ILOAD','NOOBIETT','WHIF','E'] and ['2009','IMPACC','ILOAD','NOOBIETT','WHIF','S'] as your target areas (so without the exclamation marks). Some additional remarks on your rules: 1. The target area is quite detailed - you could end up writing lots of rules. There are ways of writing more general rules, f.i. by using attributes. 2. If you speci…

RE: target in the rule

Michel - - Rules

Quote: “Originally posted by holger_b I believe both rules are executed, and the one that runs second wins.” Nope, The first will win, see my post above (and problem description in first post). Michel

RE: target in the rule

Michel - - Rules

Hi, The rules are evaluated from first to last. The first rule that applies to a certain area will be calculated. Following rules for the same area are ignored. I don't know your exact cube structure, but I guess the solution will be that the two (now identical) rule areas will be made explicit for the area they apply to (maybe by using 'E' and 'S' in the rule area?). Michel

RE: Using Calculated Element in Rule

Michel - - Rules

Hi Philipp, The syntax you're using will not work. You need to replace the references between square brackets from 'internal notation' to 'external notation', i.e. using a PALO.DATA reference to the value. Something like ['akt. Zielwert'] = N : PALO.DATA("Philipp_Test","BSC_test",!'Strategie',PALO.DATA("Philipp_Test", "cube", !'dim', ..., "relevanter Monat"),"Zielwert",PALO.DATA("Philipp_Test", "cube", !'dim', ..., "relevantes Jahr")) Michel

RE: Parallel Views

Michel - - Palo OLAP Server

Hi, There is no formal limit on the number of views you can request concurrently from a cube. Anyone can request any slice possible from the cube. Of course I would focus on the relevant ones Any restrictions would be based on hardware resources available. Michel

Hi Vladislav, I think this is related to issue #5446 that I posted: in the current version a marker can't be a consolidated area (where the rule area is not consolidated). According to the latest info I got on the issue this will be fixed in PALO 3.2. Michel

RE: How complex can a rule be?

Michel - - Rules

Hi Mike, Looking at your rule, I think it's unnecessarily complex. You can eliminate the IF's by defining multiple rules for multiple area's (Companies). F.i.: ['GBP','xxxxxx UK'] = STET() ['GBP','Canada'] = STET() ['GBP','Australia'] = ['Local'] / PALO.DATA("xxxx","Actual FcastExRate",!'Months',!'Years',!'Version',PALO.DATA("xxxxx","#_Staff Name","Staff Cur",!'Staff Name')) etc. You could also set an attribute on the Company dimension defining whether to STET or to calculate, resulting in a rul…

RE: Element Attributes?

Michel - - Palo OLAP Server

Hi Ben, In PALO the attributes are stored in cubes with the name #_dimname. These 2-dimensional attribute cubes contain the dimensions #_dimname_ and dimname (this is the other way around opposed to TM1), where #_dimname_ contains the list of attributes. Sadly PALO doesn't know the concept of an Alias like TM1 does - PALO only has text and numeric attributes. Michel

Ratio calculation rule

Michel - - Rules

Hi laloune, Could you please post the exact element-names and the exact rules? Michel