Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 423.

Jedox 7.0 is out!

dominik_l - - General

Hi Lubomir, the Knowledge Base has been updated, articles for version 7 are now online.

The storage system of Jedox Web has two levels. What you see in File Manager is at just content of a couple of internal databases (you see them as "fgrpX" in olap data directory). In simplified terms, hierarchies are dimensions in those databases; folders are consolidated elements, files are base elements. When you open a workbook in Jedox Web, it then constructs a matching path on file system to the actual .wss file. Putting a file into the "storage" directory on servers fiel system thus will n…

Right acces ETL

dominik_l - - Palo ETL

Correct, authentication on Project level was added in Jedox 6.

Right acces ETL

dominik_l - - Palo ETL

You can grant permissions on specific projects (including revoking access to the project, in which case it would be "invisible") by right-clicking the project, selecting "Properties", and then opening the "Security" tab in the properties dialog. Permissions are defined on the group level. More details in this Knowledge Base article: Specific rights in Jedox Integrator

This is currently not possible. As you suspected, triggering a macro will only refresh values after the macro has been executed. The usual way to mimic "interactivity" is to split the macro into several smaller functions, return a visible status after each of these, then trigger execution of next step e.g. via another button.

Error code list

dominik_l - - General

The error message sounds like you're describing error raised when the browser can't reach the Jedox Web Server (in this case frontend server, i.e. Apache / JedoxWebHttpdService); some request sent from the browser (say, a refresh of the current worksheet) thus doesn't receive an answer, leading to the error. This might well be caused by something temporary, e.g. in the network - it doesn't necessarily indicate a permanent issue in the server, which would cause similar problems for all users. I'd…

Hi, this is not possible at the moment.

DynaRange: Sort by two attributes?

dominik_l - - Palo Web

You need to switch to manual formula editing in the DynaRange.

Loggin of data changes

dominik_l - - Palo for Excel

This is available as frontend feature (Auditing) in version 6.0, see Knowledge Base. For older versions, you'd have to build some solution yourself. Olap Server does keep a journal of all changes (the *.log and *.archived files in database directory), but thats not as an accessible data source. Jedox Supervision Server has been used by some Jedox users for this purpose, e.g. by using the cube worker / OnCellChange event to log each incoming writeback into some external database such as MySQL.

I'm not sure I understand. The exporting functions - depending on which is used - either send a file to the browser (like clicking the XLSX, or PDF buttons in toolbar), or they generate xlsx files (full or snapshot) on the server file system. Can you specify your macro code?

Hi, you can't automatically fill cells outside of a DynaRange (in your case, those cells are inside the outer, but outside the inner DynaRange if you know what I mean). Those cells are only created as you expand the inner DR. If the out DynaRange is not interactive (i.e. if your users are not supposed to expand / collapse stuff there), what you could try is: - make the outeer DR very narrow / use white on white text, i.e. hide its cells somehow - move the "master cell" of the inner DynaRange (th…

DynaRange: Sort by two attributes?

dominik_l - - Palo Web

Quote from laloune: “Hi Florian, yep, this would be what you are looking for: jedox.com/en/multiple-data-subsets” Just FYI, as of version 6, you can also use multiple DFilters in Subset formula itself. By default the result sets are joined using "or", you can switch to using "and" (i.e. only include elements that in result set of either DFilter) by setting eighth param of the latter PALO.DFILTER formula(s) to TRUE. Details are in Whats new document.

Hi, 1) as you correctly figured out, you have to use the "module" function (since Jedox 5.1) to include separate modules. 2) after including Module2, its functions are available as if written in Module1, i.e. they aren't prefixed with "Module2..." 3) You also need to call your internal show_value function in a return statement if you want to show a message box (in addition to the return inside of show_value itself). So the code is: Source Code (5 lines)

global Macro possible?

dominik_l - - Palo Web

Hi, see section "Server-wide available functions" in the Knowledge Base article on Macro Engine: knowledgebase.jedox.com/knowledgebase/macro-engine/

Hi, do all dimensions used for the cube have at least one element? Excel Addin hides cubes if not all dims have at least one element.

Hi, you can use the OnWindowsUserAuthorize event to define a new set groups for the user instead of those returned by third party system. E.g. in your php code, you can try to access System DB, read the User's groups (which of course you then have to maintain manually), and set those.

Release date for Jedox 6?

dominik_l - - General

Planned release date is September 22nd.

Forum loggin in issue

dominik_l - - General

Hi, we have recently had major issues with spam accounts flooding this forum. In repsonse, we had to take severe measures against these accounts. It is possible that due to this, some proper user accounts have been deleted. We have now switched registration process on the forum to manual approval, as no other measure has proven feasible so far. Please ask you colleague to register a new account. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi, the feature is in active development, we hope to finish it in time for 6.0 release (can't make promises, though).

Didn't look in full detail, but if your problem comes down to cell XX only showing values >= 0, wouldn't it be enough to add a rule in this basic form: ['unbooked'] = IF(STET()<0,0,STET()) ...or in plain text, "if non-rule value for 'unbooked' is smaller than 0, return 0, else return the non-rule value". Note that this construct "IF(STET()...) is only supported since version 5.1