Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 85.

XMLA support?

dibe0014 - - General

Thanks for the update. I just talked with our developer and we could get the same queries to work as you did. It looks very promising. Luc will stay in contact with you. Benjamin

XMLA support?

dibe0014 - - General

Hi, thanks for trying out Wabit. I'm personally not involved in the development of olap4j but one of our developers is. I'll send you his email in a private message. Benjamin

All splashing functions

dibe0014 - - General

Hi, I'm trying to remember all the different splashing functions and I don't have a manual on me right now. Right now I have: !1 = All childs will be equal 1 (leaves) !!1 = Adds 1 to all Childs (leaves) #1 = the cell you entered will be 1, it will be distributed to the childs according to their current value ?1 = Same as #1, but Siblings change value so the parent will have the same total. Their is also Copy and Like. But I can't remember the syntax to set a consolidated cell to a value and spli…

WSS3 - Only Name? showing when

dibe0014 - - General

Restarting Palo and all WSS3 services fixed it. Should of tried that first.

WSS3 - Only Name? showing when

dibe0014 - - General

Hi, I just installled WSS3. i added a view using the Menu Palo -> Pase View, but the formulas don't seem to work, I only get #Name? for my formulas. If I double click on them the Element chooser opens and the elements are shown correctly. I added a screenshot for clarification. I'm using the version from End of June 09 Any ideas? Thanks Benjamin

XMLA support?

dibe0014 - - General

Thanks for the compliments Our developers have been working hard to bring our reporting tool up to speed and also to implement the Mondrian Schema Designer. I'm not working as a developer, but I have written tons of enhancement requests, many of them made it into our current release. I wish we could use the open source version of Palo as a data source but to use the Java API would take too much time so I was hoping they would offer an XMLA provider for it. Benjamin

XMLA support?

dibe0014 - - General

Hi Dominik, thanks for your answer. I might download the trial version the next days. We are developing Wabit , an Open Source Reporting tool and I would like to test how it would work together with Palo. Thanks, Benjamin

XMLA support?

dibe0014 - - General

From the overwhelming feedback I get my question I conclude Palo isn't able to handle XMLA requests.

XMLA support?

dibe0014 - - General

Hi, I'm trying to figure if the community edition supports XMLA and how to access it. I could install Palo, set up MDX support and I can use the Pivot tables in Excel. Now I want to go one step further and use a XMLA client like REX (sourceforge.net/projects/whex/) to explore the Palo database using XMLA. How do I have to set up the XMLA string to make it work? My first approach was 127.0.0.1:7777 but it doesn't work (HTTP error 503). The next port I tried was 4242. After entering the user the P…

Hi, wenn #Name kommt, kann es sein, dass deine Verformelung nicht korrekt ist. Du kannst mal mit der rechten Maustaste auf die Zelle und dann "Palo Fehler". Ich weiß leider nicht wann du ENAME() verwendest. Gruß, Benjamin

Hi, sorry I gave you the wrong syntax. It is WENN(A1<>"";PALO.SETDATA(B7;FALSCH;_db;_cube;$B$6;$E7;$F7;$B$5;$E$69);"Kein Import") Whenever you use the import assistant from Palo, it writes every single line in the first one (starting with A1). This way you only check if something is in cell A1. I would recommend using PALO.SETDATA first without any "WENN" Condition to make sure your SETDATA formula works fine. Benjamin

Hi, did you try to use only the PALO.SETDATA without the "=WENN(_paloimportactive,.." ? I usually use WENN(A1!="";... Benjamin

WorkSheetServer

dibe0014 - - General

Hi, the current version is not open source, you'll have to buy it from Jedox. The new version will be released as open source (and a commercial version with a few more features) this year. Benjamin

PALO Export?

dibe0014 - - Palo for Excel

Hi Ruedi, there are no dumb questions Are you sure you mean the ETL server when you are talking about only importing from odbc connetions? As far as I know the ETL-Server can use relational datasources (like MySQL) for import and export. Thats where you could build your reports on in Pentaho. Ben

lookup value dependant on hierarchy

dibe0014 - - Rules

Hi, I was thinking maybe you could have your own rebate cube with the dimensions "Customer Channels" and Products. In your "normal" cube you could set the Channel as a attribute of the customer and you could get the right rebate with a rule (simplified): PALO.GETDATA("DB","Rebate","Customer Attribute Channel", !'Product',!'Time') This way your rebate can change and your rules would stay the same. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to explain.

lookup value dependant on hierarchy

dibe0014 - - Rules

Just to understand, the rebate depends on 2 dimensions? Channel A, Product A, 10% Channel A, Product B, 5% Channel B, Product A, 7% Channel B, Product B, 20% Is that right?

Hi, did you read the manual already? Some parts of it are free. English Version: worksheetserver.com/download/pdf/Palo_Manual_Excerpt.pdf German Version: worksheetserver.com/download/pdf/Palo25_Handbuch_Auszug.pdf The free chapters explain the main structure of Palo and how it works. Using the import assistant (in the Excel Addin) you can import files from csv and txt files and also from odbc connection. There is also a manual available for the ETL-Server if you want to use it for importing: jed…

Change admin password

dibe0014 - - General

Yes you can, the password is in one of the system cubes, I don't remember which one though.

using access-database with etlserver

dibe0014 - - Palo ETL

Hi, you don't load anything on the ETL-Server, you can only use it together with the Palo OLAP Server. The ETL-Server is just for the ETL (Extract - Transform - Load) not to store data. I think there are some examples when you install ETL Server and Palo OLAP Server, maybe even with an Access file. You could also try to use the import assistant that comes with the Excel add-in. Benjamin

Dimension Order

dibe0014 - - Palo for Excel

Hi, the support told me the same as Dave. Ben