Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 151.

Line and Column chart

byoshimi99999 - - Palo Web

Exactly. I missed the last step in my display (showing him how to edit the macro ) (Good catch Laloune!)

Hm. grep in your Data/* directories for "1372037363.264897" Seems like you may have a corrupt transaction log file (one of the *.log file). If you find a corrupt log file, you can move it off (mv to foo.log.bak) and try reloading. Let me know if that works. Bill

Line and Column chart

I was interested in how this is done. Here's what I've found out so far. If you look in: ps/storage/h1-Demos/n20-Bikers+Best/n21-Workbooks, you'll find the n21-Workbooks$ view n39-Profit+&+Loss+(Waterfall).wss file. If you open the file with emacs, it will say its a "Zip Archive" and will show you 12 files: M Filemode Length Date Time File - ---------- -------- ----------- -------- ---------------------------------------- -rw-rw-rw- 360 00:00:00 xl/worksheets/_rels/sheet1.xml.rels -rw-rw-rw- 675…

Line and Column chart

Hi Laloune, I didn't know if those exact sheets with the waterfall charts were available in 3.2. I didn't know if they were part of the Hichert's SUCCESS charts package (just released in 5.0). Sorry for the confusion.

Line and Column chart

Try Report Manager -> Demo Reports -> Bikers Best -> Bikers Best Navigation And click on Report -> Suc. P&L (Waterfall) Which you'll alfo find under File Manager -> Demo Spreadsheets -> Demos -> Bikers Best -> Workbooks -> Profit & Loss (Waterfall) BTW, these are recent additions to Jedox 5.0. I don't remember if they're available in Palo 3.2.

Aha! Do this: function Button_OnClick(){ application()->PALO_SETDATA(...); // Change more values here // ... // Finally call this to refresh dynarange application()->clear_cache(); } application()->clear_cache has the desired effect of forcing a refresh of the dynarange. My updated values are reflected immediately There is probably something bad it is also doing, but the downside isn't immediately obvious...

I've created a macro that alters some underlying measures in a dynarange. I've tied this macro to a button like this: function Button_OnClick() { application()->PALO_SETDATA(...); } Viewing the data in user mode, I've noticed that when I click my button, the data displayed in the dynarange doesn't show the updated value. If I add an activesheet()->calculate() call to my macro (P137 of Admin manual), the dynarange still doesn't show the updated value. I can get the updated value in user mode by c…

Jedox 5 Trail: Reports disabled?

byoshimi99999 - - General

No. All features should be enabled on the Jedox 5.0 trial version. If you see greyed out features, e.g. if the file manager doesn't show any files and the ETL Manager doesn't have any servers, the usual cause is some part of the system did not start correctly (usually caused because a port is used by an existing application/directories have the wrong permission/ran out of disk space, etc.) The best place to start debugging these problems in a 5.0 installation is looking in the log/*.log files an…

Hi Georg, I'd recommend taking a dump of postal codes from a reference source like: geonames.org/export/ Palo/Jedox can deal with sparse dimensions (if you check out the files in the Data directory, you'll see only the defined data points in any of the cube files.). I say its better to have the dimensions defined up front than added to later. If you add later, you'll need to trigger reaggregation (cube rebuilding). If you want to take the "only define the elements that I use in a dimension", you…

This section is very difficult to read. My recommendation is to put a line break after every definition. It would also be good to have an example on the top of page 135 that explains how to interpret each function and an example. e.g. <Object> - <definition> <getter function> <setter function> <example of how to use getter and setter> For example on P139, it is difficult to see where" Array range::formula()" begins and ends (if you search for that string, the definition actually starts 2 lines a…

For those of you looking for a macro function to iterate over a named range, try this: PHP Source Code (1 line) Apologies for the ugliness, there are 2 array_pushes depending on whether not you need the fully qualified cell name or not. (By default, activesheet()->range() won't take fully qualified cell names. You can use the macro like this: PHP Source Code (1 line) Hope you guys don't mind that I'm using this forum as an informal twiki to store these little tips.

For those of you looking for a macro function to iterate over a named range, try this: Source Code (2 lines) Apologies for the ugliness, there are 2 array_pushes depending on whether not you need the fully qualified cell name or not. (By default, activesheet()->range() won't take fully qualified cell names. You can use the macro like this: Source Code (1 line) Hope you guys don't mind that I'm using this forum as an informal twiki to store these little tips.

Directions for creating a simple checkbox inside a dynarange. Follow the directions above to create a dynarange with TWO additional cells for the checkbox. e.g. In the example above, I defined vertical dynaranges from C6:I8. You need to create a dynarange from C6:J8 (columns I and J are empty and reserved for the checkbox. The first cell will host the check box, the second cell will contain a string indicating is the row was selected or not.) Second, take 2 cells that won't be used by anything, …

Excellent! I'll definitely give the hyperlink() and showpict a try. (Didn't see that function described.) When I get a chance, I'll post a snippet so that others can cut and paste. (And thank Laloune, I was going down the Jquery route but ran out of time... I guess its just not that rainy here... :whistling:

Duplicate Dynaranges

+1 Would be great to have a programming way to create/copy/modify/delete Dynaranges. (Having just done the manual dance the last 4 days.)

Yea. You should be able to view the cube with the modeler now. The warnings were purely for consolidations (e.g. if you try to collapse all the countries in Europe into Europe, you can't do that.) For that Problem, check the formatting for the TreeFH example on P189 of the admin manual. Its kind of a bad example. Just realize if you want to create a hierarchy like Source Code (1 line) You need to have *all* level of the hierarchy specified for each element. e.g. World | Europe | France | Paris W…

I don't think you can use File manager to transfer data from .xlsx files into Jedox OLAP cubes. You could try the following: Export the data from you .xlsx file into .csv or .xml format, and use the ETL load the data into a cube. The basic process for ETL is 1. Create a Connection->File->Type: File or xmlFile 2. Create an Extract to get dimensions and measure aligned. 3. Create a Load task to load from the Extract and put into your cube. 4. Create a Job to run the Load task.

range::address returns the range coverage in A1 notation. This is wrong. It returns the string the range was constructed with. e.g. If I have the named range "foobar" defined over A1:B2 and calls activesheet()->range("foobar")->address(), I get back the value "foobar". To get back the A1 notation, I needed to execute activeworkbook()->names()->item('foobar')->refers_to();

I'm using a named range inside my dynarange table and it seems to be working fine. It expands correctly when I ask for activeworkbook()->names()->item('MyNamedRange')->refers_to() (Just used a __msgbox() to verify that.) The output is a string like 'WorkbookName'!$A$1,$A$2,$A$3..." I can write my own parser but it seems that there should be some built-in way to iterate over the cells in a range....

The warnings imply that the Dimension was created, but that the C nodes (the consolidation nodes) were not created correctly. In most cases this means that the format of the file you're using as the source for the hierarchy definition has problems. But the fact that it loaded the Dimension implies that it should be able to construct a cube using your dimensions (meaning that the cube load should work.) I was going on the assumption that loading the cube was more important that correcting the dim…