Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 90.

Jedox 7.0 is out!

ldivis - - General

Great news! I can not find any documentation to this new version No. 7. Thank you. Lubomir Divis

View changes in the last version 6.0SR1

ldivis - - General

Hello. There are logical changes in views. Settings of saved views elements changes itself. Why? I will create view and save it. Then after erasing of db and creating of whole db with the same etl process are there unwanted changes in the view. For example: Instead of "World", consolidated element, is there concrete different base element "Customer A". One of the most important feature for data presentation for users! So any of prepared saved views do not make sense, I am affraid. Users have to …

Hello, After some time ETL process takes 12 hours instead of 30 minutes earlier, without change of script, the same data volume. In the tomcat log is following error messages about "SerializationPolicy". What does it mean in this opensource version? Does anybody know, please? 2014-09-09 09:02:05,561 [TP-Processor3] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/web-etl] - server-service: ERROR: The module path requested, /tc/web-etl/app/, is not in the same web application…

PALO Add-In and Excel 2013

ldivis - - Palo for Excel

No problem with Jedox and Excel 2013, but Jedox Base (free version) has some limitaions.

PALO Add-In and Excel 2013

ldivis - - Palo for Excel

Ecel 2013 is not supported by Palo, I am affraid.

How to change tomcat between 32 and 64bit version? I have installed Jedox on 64bit Windows 7. There is no option to install each of version during of this process, I think. Second thing is performance of etl server related to this issue on the machine with 16GB RAM nad 64bit Win. Thank you. ----- Solved by Jedox support - good service. It need only 32bit JRE and 32bit runtime MS Access 2013.

Hello community. I have installed Jedox 5.0 on 64bit Windows and 32bit Office. On Palo with fully 32bit installation was etl connection type Access without problem. On 64bit Windows and Jedox 5.02 it does not work. Does anybody have the similar experience? Thank you. Lubos

Is it possible to transfer the database created in Palo Suite 3.2 CE to Jedox 5 or are there some stucture changes? Thank you.

Jedox does not understand their community, I am affraid. Most important thing of Palo Suite CE was good combination of usable components, not only some of them. Better then actual Olap Server would be 64 bit version of old good 3.2 CE - all components. I do not meen only one or a few of them.

Installing Jedox 5

ldivis - - General

I have set Heap sizes in setenv.bat. Min_Memory from 256 to 128 and Max_memory from 1024 to 512, then removeservice.bat. OK. Installservice.bat returned system error 1058 and "service not allowed or not connected with device". After PC restart ETL service is running. Thank you very much for you kind help! I will try to increase these velues and test it. Are there some rules for min and max memory limits? 2 GB on my PC is probably not enough for this new ETL service, but this soluton will be good…

Installing Jedox 5

ldivis - - General

I have 2 GB RAM on my testing machine (it is more then your recommended minimum), no changes on my configuration after uninstallation of CE v. 3.2 with running ETL. Settings of Heap sizes seem to be the same, but I will try it.

Installing Jedox 5

ldivis - - General

I have checked all these settings. Correct standard settings. ETL does not start at all, I can see the service in "beginning" status. I can not manually start or stop it. After full reinstallation exactly the same situation. Again there are three logs: jedoxsuitetomcatservice-sdout.......log: 2013-04-10 17:39:05 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initializedError occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap jedoxsuitetomcatservice-stderr......log: 2013-04-10 17:…

Installing Jedox 5

ldivis - - General

Hi Dominik, java_home is correctly set and works (1.7.0_17-b02) but ETL from Jedox 5 not. ETL from CE 3.2 PaloSuite on the same configuration was working without problem.

JedoxSuiteTomcatService and Win XP

ldivis - - General

Hi, JedoxSuiteTomcatService does not work under Windows XP? It is not possible to test ETL. Thank's. log/tomcat/commons-daemon.log: [2013-04-10 10:13:02] [info] Commons Daemon procrun (1.0.5.0 32-bit) started [2013-04-10 10:13:02] [info] Running 'JedoxSuiteTomcatService' Service... [2013-04-10 10:13:02] [info] Starting service... [2013-04-10 10:13:03] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed

Palo 3.2 Community Edition

ldivis - - General

Quote from axelrichert: “In future, only the OLAP Server is Open Source. There won't be any Open Source Updates from Jedox according to Palo for Excel, Palo Web and Palo ETL jedox.com/en/about-jedox/news/…ons-base-and-premium.html”Bad news. CE version without web, ETL, user access control (new Base version) means real end of this very good open source solution. What a pity!

Palo 3.2 Community Edition

ldivis - - General

Hello community! Does anybody know something about new CE update of Palo after 12 months from 3.2 release? Best Regards.

I agree with Pommie. CE is very important point on decision process to commercial Jedox version. I hope the new CE version will be as soon as possible. 30 day test on Jedox is not enough to develop some first usable part of supporting system for controlling for example. It is better to see and to show how good it is, how reliable and then makes sense to invest into Jedox commercional version. We will see.... Lubomir Divis ei-advisor.com

Hello Andreas, My data source is on older SQL 7 which does not support JDBC. ODBC is in this case only one possibility as I have mentioned above. I have found in your documentations that ETL 3.2 does not support ODBC connection to Relational DBMS. (palo_etl_server_manual.pdf, 5.1 Migration from Palo ETL 3.1 to ETL 3.2) Why??? Could you help, please? I do not want to reinstall old 3.1 CE and I can not wait for new version in 12-15 months, I am affraid. Thank you, Regards, Lubos

Hello Jedox team and community, I have found problem with ODBC connection to SQL server (older, does not support newer jdbc) trough System-DSN definition. The most important data source for my reports!!! The connection was in v. 3.1 CE without problem. What has been changed and how to reach SQL server trought mentioned ODBC connection? There is Information Dialog from ETL server: Failed to open Relational connection xxx with URL jdbc:odbc:XXXX. Please check your connecton specification. [Microso…