Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 270.

Hallo Rico, sorry, ich hab gerade die Stelle gewechselt und deswegen länger nicht mehr ins Forum geschaut. Aber was anderes als was Axi schreibt würde ich auch nicht tun: Einen aktuellen Monat auswählen und dann mittels schlauer Formeln (Excel oder Palo) die zurückliegenden oder folgenden ausrechnen, und dann die Palo-Funktionen darauf beziehen. Das geht nicht mehr mit der "Ansicht einfügen"-Funktion, sollte man aber schön machen können. Viel Erfolg Holger

Hmm... Would it help to try and explain your problem in German? Maybe that would speed things up. Regards Holger

Hi, actually there is no law for this. On the one hand, it may be easier to query just one cube instead of three, on the other hand, you may have to fiddle around with many meaningless dummy elements in case you put everything into one cube. And: several smaller cubes with a higher filling rate may perform better than one big cube with only few data in it. So actually it depends. Maybe you could start playing around with two or three solutions and try to figure out which one suits best to answer…

Hi Bassanio, your case is a perfect example of how to work with three cubes. Provided each client is located in just one country, you could even have just one dimension which depicts both your clients-by-region and the regions in one dimension, you would just need sort of a "dummy" element to hold data which are related to a country instead of a customer. So, you would have three cubes, the dimensions of each being exactly the ones you described in your example. Do not hesitate to come back with…

Hi Rico, if you can wait until the Easter days have passed, I will have some time to help you in detail. If you like, just post your database (or a sample, as a private message or per email) together with some words explaining what you still need. I will have some time to look into it from Tuesday on. How about that? Happy Easter days! Holger

Hi Rico, I admit I only vaguely understand what you are aiming at. You mean a view with a rolling number of months? If so, then you can achieve this with an appropriate construction of your time dimension. For, let's say, rolling 12 months it could look like this: R12M_2011_12 consists of all months from 2011_01 until 2011_12. R12M_2012_01 consists of R12M_2011_12 minus 2011_01 plus 2012_01. R12M_2012_02 consists of R12M_2012_01 minus 2011_02 plus 2012_02, and so on. Does that answer your questi…

Or, if you are reluctant to post all your work: Bear in mind that you are sort of cascading through your data with these rules, so calculating the last period means calculating all of them. One could improve performance using markers in these rules, but probably the even more promising way would be to set up the periods hierarchy in a way that one period results out of the preceding one (like a YTD hierarchy). Hope this helps Holger

RE: interest of Palo for Excel

holger_b - - Palo for Excel

Hi guilart, first of all Palo is a database, which means, you can store data on a server and make them accessible for multiple users, including the full scope of access rights handling. You can use a web interface to access (read/write) your data, and you can set up ETL processes to have automatic updates from and to your ERP system(s). And Palo has some cool planning features which allow you to manipulate your data in ways that are far beyond the capabilities of Excel. Does that make sense to y…

Hi jlove, I admit I do not yet quite understand in depth what your model does, but since I have some spare time I would love to dig into this. If you do not mind, just send me your database via email together with a few sentences on what you intend to do, I will try and get this straight. I guess it will be a combination of dimension redesign plus using markers which will get this to work. Cheers Holger

Hello allibru, I am afraid there is no way. One way to solve this could be to create an additional measure "price_group" and populate it with a rule: ['price_group'] = IF(PALO.DATA("Demo","#_Products","Price Per Unit",!'Products') < 1,"C",IF(PALO.DATA("Demo","#_Products","Price Per Unit",!'Products') < 1000,"B","A")) You could then base the subset filter on that measure. Of course this is not flexible, but maybe it helps somehow. Regards Holger

No. Data are tied to base elements, so when you delete base elements you will immediately lose data. You can only delete consolidated elements without losing data. Regards Holger

Hello BIST, did you see this? jedox.com/community/palo-forum…hp?postid=12749#post12749 Regards Holger

Hi, the Excel wizard is much slower than the ETL server, and it can not run in batch mode. I use it for quick fixes, one-offs and when outlining things in early stages of projects, but when it comes to real life applications, I use ETL server. Does that answer your question? Regards Holger

Hello Shuaib, could it be you picked the wrong forum section? I believe IMP_Palo does not exist any more. So are you talking about the Palo ETL Server? If so, it is a matter of mode settings what a load does. There are slight differences between loadtypes, best is to check the manual which option to choose in order to re-create a dimension entirely during load (I believe it is "create"). Bear in mind your data will be lost when you do that. Another suitable way could be to delete only the consol…

How does write-back work?

holger_b - - General

Paid, more features, fewer bugs and faster Take a look here to understand the policy: paloinsider.com/jedox/roadmap-of-the-palo-community-edition/ Regards Holger

How does write-back work?

holger_b - - General

Most of it is mere configuration with the help of a Java GUI (or, if you prefer, you can modify an XML file directly in which it actually ends up). And you can write smaller or bigger modules in Groovy and/or Java.

Hello Victor, yes, this is possible, and it is a standard feature of the ETL server if you want it as a process which runs on a regular basis. You can also use Palo Web as an interface to modify data in a relational database directly. This may require some coding, but nevertheless it is a standard feature. If you want to see how it works in detail, browse for "ODBCINIT" in the manual. Best regards Holger

Absolutely. Eight weeks Infor PM 10, it's like hell

Yes, try PALO.ECHILD(<db>,<dimension>,<consolidated element>,1) and PALO.ECHILD(<db>,<dimension>,<consolidated element>,PALO.ECHILDCOUNT(<db>,<dimension>,<consolidated element>)) I am not completely sure about the syntax, there is no Palo installed on the machine I am currently using. Hope this helps Holger

3.2 community edition?

holger_b - - General

Click here to read about the official Open Source policy: paloinsider.com/jedox/roadmap-of-the-palo-community-edition/