Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 665.

pre 5.0 I had success with Debian 5 and 6 32bit versions BUT: I had to edit the sources (not necessarily fixing anything) to get it compiled. Did you try Ubuntu 14.04?

Community Benefits

axi - - General

These "special offers" are not new here. In the past the forum admins were quite fast to stop them. If you where to busy to secure the millions in african/swiss vaults to impress the "devoted lady" then the offers would spread more diminishing your cance to succed ;.-)

You can Download a 5.0 "Base" Version or try to build your own version from sources combined with a LibreOffice Addin. I doubt we will see 3.2 SR3 or 4.

Jedox is the name of the commercial Product - no "community" the best source of (technical mostly) information (on Palo - the opensource version) is here there is some presence without much activity on XING and LinkedIn, maybe Facebook IMO these presences are marketing by Jedox

How to install Excel-Addin on linux

axi - - General

this does not work - they did not program the functionality but left the menu entry .... you have to use ETL-Server (best solution anyway IMO) when using the open source stack

1) paths with spaces are BAD try to replace them with their short versions (DIR /x IIRC - otherwise try DIR /?) 2) In a similar situation I had to install a 32bit Java version and deinstall the 64bit variant before that. The Jedox Trial 4 runs in my Windows 7 64bit virtual machine with a 32bit Java runtime. 3) Put the logs anywhere where it is allowed to write or change the permissions. Having log under "c:\Program Files (x86)\" is definitely bad practice.

Set cell value with a PALO.SETDATA

axi - - Palo Web

PALO.SETDATAIF()

the Excel frontend is programmed in C# and you need an older version of the *commercial* compiler from Microsoft to build it I have not seen any newer source code than 3.2 (= what is on sourgeforge ATM) but I have a hunch that Jedox have rewritten the engine to a point where we would not recognize the roots... The interesting deed will be the release of the source code of version 5 next month and the license attached to it. If still GPL - fine. Since Jedox have not gotten any serious community c…

I would try going via ETL-Server the lowest level would be a process to create a text-file from R or Jedox and then import it in R or Jedox another approach (have not tried it with the commercial version): build your own Palo Server (the cube server) and integrate it in your system e.g. in /opt/local/bin with the data residing in the daemon-user's /home the chrooted commercial edition could then connect to your "other" server via http

I had never problems with Debian squeeze. We ran free of issues for over 3 years on Ubuntu Server 10.04. What does your log analysis tell you?

Palo for Excel

axi - - Palo for Excel

on top of that: you need the PROFESSIONAL version (not Express) of Visual Studio to build it

Jan, Feb, Mrz... in a Groovy component

axi - - Palo ETL

I would put a lookup transformation behind your Groovy transform and hardcode the translation there

connection palo to external DBMS

axi - - Palo OLAP Server

For a client I installed the community Palo server 3.2 on a 64bit-Debian Squeeze together with a standalone ETL server 3.1. I do not like the community suite 3.2 since the web frontend is much too buggy in my view. All on a virtual server for less than 10 EUR per month BI on the least money you can get. For more than 10 or 20 users one might have to add more CPU power. The client is very happy. He does the modeling from Excel 2007 (2010 is fine here) with the 3.2 community addin. You can not use…

the svn-tree has not been touched since July 2011 to answer your question: no I hope Jedox have not forgotten their OSS intentions they started with ....

Where is Palo WorkSheet Server?

axi - - General

WSS has never been open source.... You can hop to palo.net and get the 3.2 Palo community version from last year August it has a web server BUT your users will be in edit-mode if they use the browser (and hopefully the browser you have on the ipad is compatible with the javascript in the frontend)

Error on Simple Jedox.Palo.Comm application

axi - - SDK

the DDLs you copied are 32bit PEs - there might be problems getting them to work in a 64bit environment 3.1? if this refers to the Palo version these DLLs are at best compiled via VS 2005 I would get the latest source and compile it with VS 2008 Jedox also provides a SDK (3.3 AFAIK) for connectiong to the server

Start ETL Prozess from File Manager

axi - - Palo Web

jedox.com/community/palo-forum…page=Thread&threadID=3588

have last time worked with 2.5 in 2008 .... get the latest version 3.2 I can only guess that there is something wrong/missing in the palo.ini file - start working from the sample file that comes with the source and adapt that to your needs

it is NOT possible the frontend "asks" the server for a valid license and then it gets no answers....

I-Net Reports

axi - - 3rd Party Tools

these designers _could_ work_ if they are able to fire their queries via MDX and you have the Palo-MDX-datasource properly set up and your cubes are "MDX-compatible" I have not found a document mentioning the MDX-Interface for CR, only "OLAP" ...