Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 27.

please use the feature voting tool for this. There are already 2 feature requests for this, where you can put your vote on. feedback.jedox.com/forums/2204…sform-in-jedox-integrator feedback.jedox.com/forums/2204…a-fieldtransform-function

Hi Jedox fans, I have several times the case that I (pre-)fill nearly (but not completely) a whole cube slice with one and the same value. ..e.g. product prices which usually stay the same for a quite long time => slowly changing.. (example: price 5 EUR from 2015-04 till 2020-12) so I have: 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 I usually do this via set_data_bulk or ETL. But this all the time requires me to prepare all the coordinates for each relevant cell.. this is quite annoying…

ComboBox question simplified

JCO - - Palo Web

3 steps: 1. you have to set a variable (e.g. varFirstCombo) as target of the first combobox (right click -> edit combobox) 2. ​onto the other combobox you have to assign a macro (right click -> assign macro), which is triggered when you change it 3. within the macro you write: define_variable ('varFirstCombo',<default value>); //this will implicitely change the first combobox to the default value

Sadly I expected this somehow Thanks anyway for your statement ​I will set something up with widgets and Javascript and Jedox.wss.macro.exec It is generally always a bit annoying: ​Well, you finally will get everything done with Jedox and their toolbox and you will mostly find a workaround. ​But you also HAVE TO in many cases even for simple things. ​So you get the tasks done, but also have much overhead for a lot of small standard functions. ​Weired - Jedox speeds you up in many complex things …

SQL Table to Palo Cube

JCO - - Palo OLAP Server

I still don't know how you query the cube, but I use the PHP API quite heavily and there are at least 2 options: 1. palo_data_export with ignore_empty = true 2. palo_subset with palo_dfilter to select the dimension elements with to non-zero values in the cube and then use palo_data / palo_datav to select the values related to those elements

SQL Table to Palo Cube

JCO - - Palo OLAP Server

..because probably you queried the cube / dimension the wrong way.. but here we can only give an advise when you provide more details (e.g. screenshots) how you did it.

SQL Table to Palo Cube

JCO - - Palo OLAP Server

apart from the general comments about: from you options only options 2 / 4 make any sense depending on the relation between key-part1 and keypart 2 (1:n,n:m,m:1) and your aggregation needs it might also make sense to combine them in 1 dimension as a hierarchy: dimension1: key-part1 (cons elements) -> key-part1 & key-part2 (concatenated; base elements) => you can additionally add key-part1 and key-part2 as attributes to the base elements to be used in the attribute filter => or just use the textf…

SQL Table to Palo Cube

JCO - - Palo OLAP Server

It seems you are still thinking relational/SQL and not multidimensional/OLAP. A cube is NOT focussed on such queries like the 3 examples you gave. If you only (or mostly) have such kind of queries you IMO shouldn't even use an OLAP cube! A cube is more intended to answer queries similar to the following kind of SQL: SELECT Key-part1, SUM(metric-1) FROM MyTable GROUP BY KeyPart1 Furthermore the aggregation is mostly NOT related to key columns but to general attributes (like product color for exam…

Hi Stefan, I think you have to create all levels (YMD) first. Then push it to field transform and remove level1 and 2 from the output columns. JCO

Dear community, does any one of you have an idea how to display status updates to a user during long running macros? Simple example of what I want to reach: activesheet()->range('B10')->value ='Copy Process Running..'; $id = integrator_start_job('MyProject','CopyJob',$variables, true); activesheet()->range('B10')->value =''; //Delete Status Message after Job is finished In this example an ETL job is started. Before start I want to set a message into a status cell and delete the message afterward…

Hi Jedox colleagues, ​We are developing a simulation app on Jedox Web, where dimension elements are not added via modeller or ETL/ERP but via a spreadsheet UI (with macros / palo_eadd). The element name should be an ID and additionally it has a label attribute. The ID should of course be unique and sequential. (before we tried GUIDs via uniqueid() but this was impractical) ​ So when a user creates a new element and the last ID was 8 then the new one should be 9. We currently do this via palo_ele…

Ok thanks for the insight jjunek! Although this is sad in my current case, it generally makes sense. best wishes from Berlin JCO

Update/Addition: when I query the cube directly within the callback function via palo_data (PHP) then I already see the new value ..so it seems to be already in the cube but maybe not visible yet to other users/sessions ..because unfortunatelly the integrator package still does only get the old value.. ..maybe this is working like isolation levels relational databases ?!

Hi Jedox fans, I have another interesting question regarding SVS: When is a changed $value really written (and committed) to the database/cube inside of an OnCellChange-Callback? Background I developed a callback which is running some calculation steps after writing back the changed value: Step 1 Step 2 palo_setdataa($value, ..) //write back the changed value Step 4 //start integrator job, which queries the same cube again Step 5 In step 3 the changed value is already written via setdataa into t…

Generate rows dynamically

JCO - - Palo ETL

the only thing is, when I need to add additional rows to an existing set of records (e.g. result of an extract) during the further process, ​then I probably need something like UNION right? This is probably also not possible via any kind of script, correct?

JCO - - Palo ETL

thanks laloune, that's what I thought of ​..I knew there is something, but I couldn't remember anymore, what it was Have a great day!

JCO - - Palo ETL

Hi Jedox colleagues, ​is there a possibility to generate a certain number of rows dynamically within an ETL step? ..e.g. via groovy job or similar? The number of rows is different in each run of the job - based on certain frame conditions -> so constant table extract for example will not work. I can only think of the following work around: - extract from somewhere a fixed set of rows (max. number) - afterwards filter those rows down to the needed number But maybe there is a more elegant and dire…

is there already a feature request in feature voting tool for this? ..would need this too

Hi Madis, sorry for the late reply as I was out of office for some days. I like your suggestion - it is smart and easy Thank you very much for your post !!! BR Jens

Ok, but coming back to the original question ​what is the difference in performance between: Variant A: all prices are stored directly in cube cells this would affect approx. 90million cells out of the whole cube Variant B: price is taken from attribute cube via rule ['Price'] = B: PALO.DATA("db","#_products","price") ..I guess such a rule is probably not evaluated for all cells of the cube, but for a relevant slice according to the query, correct or not?! I just would like to hear some experien…