Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Hi Modzho, thank you very much for the compliments and for having mentioned me in your version of the wrapper. I had a look at your documetation and the module PyJedoxWeb.py: great job!! Fabio

This is a bug fix release. Thanks to Brad: "I believe it is based on the number of connections. Your code works great and is well written... after doing some searches it looks like the problem is with urllib2 which has issues with threads and creates a separate connection with each call. Eventually the ports fill up and it throws the error (I found the same stack overflow article and some others that support this theory). I'm going to try to rewrite the code using urllib3 and see if it solves my…

Hi Simon, I'm very glad to hear that you appreciate my wrapper. In the last two years I had to stop working with Palo, and so I stopped enhancing my wrapper, but I enjoyed very much to develop it. Fabio

I zzr, as you, I work on a small BI system with MySQL as DW and Palo as OLAP server. I use Palo only to provide data to excel application. As I wrote, I use python for proceeding ETL, but I don't use a specific tool. For some moth I've been trying to use SQLAlchemy - a python object Relational mapper (something like Hibernate) - and my first impression is very good. I did some test for putting togheter SQLAlchmey and my wrapper and the results are very promising. I never use python for reporting…

I am very sorry to reply after so long, but believe me, I was very busy. I decided to develop the wrapper in python because I'm one of the many enthusiasts of python and use python for proceedings ETL. Mainly I use the wrapper to transfer data from a datawarehouse to Palo dbs, and vice versa. Bye, Fabio

Hi all, if someone had tried my wrapper, here's the new version of Python Palo Interface. I fixed some bug and added methods for create cube and dimension from scratch. I would appreciate very much if anybody let me known their opinion on my wrapper. Bye, Fabio

Hi, if you like you can test this wrapper (alpha release) of the palo web api made in python (2.5). It is a simple package: to install just unzip in the syspath of python. In the zip you can find a module called palo_example.py that shows how to use the wrapper. You have to set the PyPaloWebConfig.py with the coordinate of your server. If you have any question or any suggestion, don't esitate to let me know. I hope you will find this wrapper useful. Bye, Fabio

RE: Change palo release

barras - - General

Many thanks, Fabio

Change palo release

barras - - General

I have a little DB running with Palo 2.0. I would like to switch palo server & client to the new release 2.5. Does anyone know if I can change the release without any risk to corrupt my DB? Thanks, Fabio