Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

Fabio, Your wrapper is FANTASTIC. I have been using it intensively over the past few weeks with Python 2.7.1 . Error free and far better to work with than the ETL server (doesn't crash!). Btw in combination with NumPy and other libraries allows endless ways to process data.... Thanks once again. Simon

Form elements disappear

sajo - - Palo Web

I have found that form elements disappear from saved spreadsheets. their names are however stil in the names list, and even when deleted these names can no longer be used... Anybody have an answer?

Impossible to delete names?

sajo - - Palo Web

I have found that although names are deleted they cannot be reused in spreadsheet. Anyone have the same experience? Or even have a solution...

consolidate/sum by attribute

sajo - - General

Dear All, I think you are all making life rather complicated, but may be I haven't understood the issue. In the case of the vegetables, why dont u define the dimensions as follows: Cities: Sum_of_cities Frankfuurt Hamburg Munich ... Products: Sum_of_all_goods Sum_of_Vegetables Tomatoes Potatoes Cucumbers ... Sum_of_Fruit Apples Pears ... For the customer example provided by Didier: Customers: Sum of customers Cust_1 Cust_2 Should solve your problems, remember Palo is optimized for sparsely popul…

Problems with AFILTER

sajo - - General

Hi Huckly, Looks as if you are right. Afilter does not appear to filter non-numeric records. You will have to use the Tfilter for the colour and Afilter for the price. Try using the subset filter option in the Palo menu. You can subsequently insert cell addresses. Simon

Calculate previous element

sajo - - Rules

Hi guys! There is a simple way to change the index of an element. Go into the modeler, edit the dimension in question and use the up and down arrows to move the elements. The index is changed to reflect the order of the elements in the dimension. There appears to be no impact on cubes values or rules by such changes. Simon

RE: Problems with AFILTER

sajo - - General

I think you may have forgotten to specify the Alias in the fourth parameter of subset. If I set the aliases there, the afilter works for me. Simon

RE: No Ribbon in Excel 2007

sajo - - General

I think it is a registry problem. Try setting localbehaviour to 3 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\PaloXlAddin2007.Connect It works for me now. Simon

Indirect reference to a database v3

sajo - - Rules

In v2.5 it was possible to reference a database using a string variable. For example: ['Variable1']= N: palo.data(['DBOption'],...) where ['DBOption']="ADBName" instead of ['Variable']=N:palo.data("ADBName",...) In v3 the palo.data call with variable DB definition returns an error. I have tried all the tricks, such as TRIM(), STR(),... Anybody else have similar experience or even found a fix? Simon

No Ribbon in Excel 2007

sajo - - General

Doesn't help me... It might be about time that we had some input from JEDOX on the topic... Simon

V3 bug - Problem with subsets?

sajo - - Palo for Excel

V3 build 3793: Downloaded on Saturday. Simon

sajo - - Palo for Excel

Dominik, I used the subset generator into a single cell of a blank spreadsheet. The server drops the connection the moment recalculation starts. Anything else I can help with? Simon

sajo - - Palo for Excel

I have been having problems with subsets in version 3... The following simple subset call in v3 causes the server to shutdown in the Demo example: PALO.SUBSET("localhost/Demo";"Months";1;;PALO.HFILTER("Year";FALSE;TRUE;);;;;;PALO.SORT(1;0;;0;;0;1)) No error message in server-log, following message in add-in-log: Sonntag, 5. April 2009 15:44 Error Error getting dimensions elements! Exception Data: Jedox.Palo.Comm.PaloException: Error -31 has occured (Error -31) at Jedox.Palo.Comm.Connection.Ping(…

RE: V3 Problem with older database

sajo - - General

I am having problems too. It would appear from my tests so far that the PALO.SUBSET function is causing the server to stop. Do you have subsets in your spreadsheets? Simon JOnes

Fabio, I played around with your previous version. Worked well! Will try out your updated version in the coming days. Simon