Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

Creating drill-through

Kaveenga - - Palo ETL

Hi, Is it possible in Jedox to drill through from one cube to another? Say I have a sales cube, and an invoices cube. They both have identical dimensions, with the exception of the latter having an invoice dimension. I want to create a drill from the sales cube, which will then open a view on the invoices cube allowing me to see the breakdown of the value in the sales cube by invoice. In addition, if I have a P&L cube, which get values from a Sales cube and an Expenses cube, can I create drill p…

Rule order different in Excel and Web

Kaveenga - - Rules

Hi We noticed that the rule order in Excel is not the same in Web. Eg. The following rule was added in the Excel rules editor. It was first added as the 3rd (last) rule, and was subsequently moved to the first rule. [‘Target’] = B: STET However, in Web, when we viewed the rule it was still the last rule. We moved this rule to the first rule in Web. Now in Excel this is the 2nd rule. Any thoughts as to why this happens? Jedox 6 SR 1, Excel 2013, FireFox, Windows 7 (running on a VM)

Hi Louvah, I hope by now you would have successfully resolved this issue. I am new to Jedox and I encountered the same issue today. However, finally managed to resolve it, but ensuring that the element names coming from my CSV datasource was encapsulated with double quotes. I also found this post by Roberto Marchetto very useful. robertomarchetto.com/talend_lo…loOutputMulti_tPaloOutput Cheers Kavee from Sri Lanka

Spot on! Yes indeed. The cubes that did not display had one dim with no elements. Thanks Dominik!

Hi I create 3 new cubes on a Jedox db: sales, costs, allocated_costs However, only the Sales cube appears in the Excel Paste View function. In the Web, all three cubes appear. I have restarted my machine, but its still the same. Any thoughts? Thanks Kavee

Performing allocations

Kaveenga - - Palo ETL

Thanks Michael for the suggestions! Got it to work. Quote: “Hi Kavee, I would suggest for you to look into the following: - 1. Cube Extract - You need a Cube Extract for each Cost and Sales Units Cubes. 2. Table Join Transform - After defining the Tables(Extract) for Cost and Sales Units, you can use Table Join tranform to merge the two tables. 3. Field Transform with Groovy/Java Script function. Once you have a single table, then calculate for the allocation. 4. Then Load it into Allocated_Cost…

Installing R

Kaveenga - - Palo ETL

Hi We have followed the steps to install R with Jedox, including the additional steps found here : jedoxtools.wordpress.com/2015/…ration-of-r-and-r-studio/. However, we keep getting an error message saying the "Environment Variable R_HOME not found". The variable is properly set in the Environment Variables and visible in RegEdit. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? We are using Jedox 6 and R 3.2.2. Kind regards, Kavee

Hello again, How can I create a subset in Jedox which can answer the following question based on the cube shown in the image? Quote: “Which customers in CustGroup2 bought more than 9 units of any single product during the year?” I can't seem to phrase this question in the Subset Editor. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also is there any place where I can use MDX? Many thanks Kavee

Performing allocations

Kaveenga - - Palo ETL

how is that different from writing a rule on the 'Allocated_Costs' cube? What I am after is a process which will calculate the allocated values and hardcode the values in the target cube.

Performing allocations

Kaveenga - - Palo ETL

Thanks Kiran.gs. Yes, via rules its rather easy. However, I am after a solution using Jedox ETL.

Performing allocations

Kaveenga - - Palo ETL

Hi Need some advice on the best course of action to take to perform this allocation. In one cube, I have costs by cost centre, product and month. I want to allocate these costs by customer based on sales units which is held in another cube. What would be the best course of action? Many thanks, Kavee CUBE: Production_Costs (3 dims. Cost Centre, Product, Month) Dim: COST CENTRE {A...x} * Dim: Month Dim: Product * J * F * M * A * M * J * J * A * S * O * N * D * Prod1 * 2000 * ... * * * * * * * * * …

For posterity Check if the JedoxSuitHttpdService has started

Hi Is it possible to create a subset of elements based on the values in a cube? I assume that Jedox has MDX functionality. Thanks.

great! Done. Thanks a heap Laloune.

Thanks again Laloune! Got it to work. However, I had to transform the native field name #Value to vValue cause Groovy doesn't like #. Anyway to bypass this redundant step? vGrade = OLAP.data( "Jedox_Training", "#_Employees", "Grade", Employees ); if( vGrade > 2 ) { return vValue * 0.02; } else { return vValue * 0.05; }

Thanks Laloune. Yep, that's what I did and the Groovy script below. However, I was hoping that I didn't have to do the 2nd extract from the Employee dim and a lookup. Is there anyway to lookup a cell value in Groovy? if( Grade > 2 ) { return 0.05; } else { return 0.03; }

Greetings! I am new to Jedox but have been using TM1, MS BI, and a few other tools for a while. I am learning Jedox by doing some examples and was wondering what would be the best way to tackle this problem in Jedox ETL. I have the following 2 dimensional cube called 'Salaries' with Employees & Measures as dimensions Employees dim has 4 employees with an attribute called Grade Measures dim has two elements - Salary and Increment. Requirement - an ETL process to calculate the increment. I know th…