Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 52.

Update: Using this solution ran me into an memory allocation error and also the performance was quite poor. So I found a more efficient solution I want to share if someone needs something like this, too. Now I solved this using common table expressions. The only limitation is that common table expressions can only manage up to 32767 lines but 40y back and in future is enough for my use case. Source Code (17 lines) is 7 times faster than joining in a TableJoin in jedox integrator.

@Seaben thanks again. I just tried it and it works fine. Have a nice day!

Actually I have solved this problem the following way:- a small helper script (php) created a csv with all day values from 2000-01-01 to 2099-12-31 (possible date range) - This content is stored as excelfile in report designer - File is loaded as excel extract - tablejoin joins days with sql-query (with le and ge operator on beginn and end date) and gives back the result I need. But your hint is also interesting (I tried it but I had was not sucessful) - I'll try this again. The idea to convert …

@Seaben thanks for your reply. I already found sql calendar tables. But that is not really a solution for me because I do not have a db available where i can create these tables. I thougt about a Date dimension with years and days but tableloop cannot work with this. Having just the days in Format yyyy-MM-dd in a constanttable would work with tableloop I think but I cannot create a constanttable with the range 2000-01-01 to 2099-01-01

Hi, use-case (other than mine but it explains the problem in an easy way) I have a relational table that contains the leaf days of the employees of our company (just a fictive example). But there is not an entry for every leaf day, there are periods stored. for example: NAME | DATE_FROM | DATE_TO John | 2017-02-02 | 2017-02-02 Tom | 2017-03-01 | 2017-03-03 Maria | 2017-03-03 | 2014-03-08 (...) Now I want to create a cube with the measure "leaf days". But I only have start and end date of a "leaf…

Quote from laloune: “alternatively: Source Code (1 line) it creates/appends a file in core/tmp/” Thanks! Works fine!

Hi, I know this topic is quite old but @byoshimi99999 you posted a solution to get log entries into core.loog Quote from byoshimi99999: “ Add lines like: error_log("MYLOG>> Log message with $different $variables to be interpolated"); to your macros and they'll come out in logs/core.log” This does not have any effect to my core.log. What's the best way to get log entries into core.log (or another logfile) with jedox 7?

copy file in etl-process

fnsl - - Palo ETL

Hi, is there a way to copy a .wss-file during the etl-process? I need to copy /myfolder/foo_bar.wss to /foo_bar.wss Is there a way to do this with groovy, java ...? Thanks for your help!

DynaRange: Sort by two attributes?

fnsl - - Palo Web

Quote from dominik_l: “ Just FYI, as of version 6, you can also use multiple DFilters in Subset formula itself. By default the result sets are joined using "or", you can switch to using "and" (i.e. only include elements that in result set of either DFilter) by setting eighth param of the latter PALO.DFILTER formula(s) to TRUE. Details are in Whats new document. ” What is the syntax to use two DFILTER arguments? Source Code (1 line) is my formula for a dynarange nested in another dynarange. Now I…

Use PALO.DATAC with array as parameter

fnsl - - Palo Web

Thanks for this hint. Jedox Admin Manual (latest version) Quote: “The use of the function PALO.DATAV is still in the testing phase and really brings advantages of speed only in Jedox Excel Add-In. Therefore it is better to use the function PALO.DATAC or PALO.DATA.” Is this still correct for jedox 6.x?

Use PALO.DATAC with array as parameter

fnsl - - Palo Web

Hi, I need reports that show values based on time intervals. The user should be able to select two dates, for example 30.12.2014 and 02.02.2016. I use a php macro that calculates all elements for that interval and returns this as an array / variable @date_interval, in the example above: 2014-12-30, 2014-12-31, 2015, 2016-01, 2016-02-01, 2016-02-02 This is returned as variable and it works fine to integrate this list in dynaranges for example to show only elements of a dimension that have values …

This is my situation: organisational structure (realized with treepc) as dimension "organisation units" - A -- A/TeamA -- A/TeamB - B (...) Now there are processes that happen in a defined organisation unit as dimension "processes" 1 => A 2 => A/TeamA 3 => A/TeamB now my reports should show all organisation units and the processes that happen(d) there. Dynarange1: Organisation units Dynarange2: (nested in Dynarange1): Processes for Dynarange1 (uses data filter with organisational unit = Dynarang…

How to do a "Cube-Join"?

fnsl - - Palo ETL

Hi, I have to cubes that share a dimension, for example "product" that contains "product id". Is it possible to join cubes? in sql I would say "..... FROM cubeA a INNER JOIN cubeB b on a.product = b.product". In ETL I can define both cubes as extract and in tablejoin cubes as extract seem to be possible. Both cubes can be defined as source and to join them I used the shared dimension. But that does not seem to work and a timeout for data preview is shown after several minutes... Thanks for your …

DynaRange: Sort by two attributes?

fnsl - - Palo Web

@dominik_l how can I use multiple data filters in subset / dynarange? jedox web does not seem to have any changes in dynaranges data dialog compared to version 5.1 (using 6.0 sr1 now)

Macro function not available in sheet

fnsl - - Palo Web

Hi, I use php's include_once() insider the jedox web macro editor to include an external php file. This php file is inside the jedox apache / php lib directory. So I can use an IDE to edit and changing macro code is much faster. It is no problem to call functions from the included file in a function of the sheet's macro that is bind to a button for example. I also had functions that are called directly from a cell via "=MYFUNC("arg1")" for example. Now I moved this functions also to the external…

It seemed to be an issue with jedox web. I removed the dynarange that did not work correctly and added it again with exactly the same dynarange configuration. Then it worked again.

Jedox admin guide for 6.x?

fnsl - - General

Hi, I tried to get the latest admin guide docu for jedox 6 but I can only find an admin guide for 5.x in the doc-archive. Is there no admin guide available (yet)? Thanks! Florian

Hi, actually I have a report that is quite simple and shows a dynarange based on some data filters that are all variables. 4 variables are set by combobox elements, one variable is set via macro (list of items of a dimension that is created after clicking at a date picker). The report works fine in file manager (design / user view, "Berichts- und Designansicht"). But in report manager ("Berichtsmanager") the dynarange does not show any content and the data function row only displays "wert". are …

Modify DatePicker via Macro

fnsl - - Palo Web

Hi, my report contains two datepicker elements. The report then shows items between date1 and date2. The problem now is that assign some default date like date1: =TODAY()-60 and date2: =TODAY(). The datepicker is used as variable @date1 and @date2 Now the report is opened and @date1 and @date2 can have different values (depends from the last selection and the last saving of the sheet) than datepicker date1 and date2. The consequence is that the report shows no result. I first have to select a (d…

execute job of projec B in project A

fnsl - - Palo ETL

Thanks laloune - I can wait for jedox 6... (I know jedox6 is already released but it's not yet available in our company)