Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

So a developer can't even take the source code and build it independently of the installer?? In my emails with Jedox I was told "the source code is there for anyone to use". If what you're saying is true, it would be an indication to me as to why it doesn't have a more substantial community support already. (On the flip side, if that were to change, and people could really dig in and do pull requests and all that, then I think a lot of people would be attracted to it.) As far as the business mod…

Palo Suite is apparently going to stop being developed/updated by Jedox, but the source code's there for anyone to use, Does anyone want to create a separate project that will build on the Palo Web source code and keep it up to date with the latest version of the OLAP server? Maybe someone can re-create user rights in the Web interface, too? It won't be me (at least not alone), since I'm not really a programmer. But if enough individuals/groups wanted to, we could make an independent project tha…

Palo 3.2 Community Edition

jonlachlan - - General

I'm actually quite pleased that the Jedox Base will be free and just as up-to-date as Jedox Premium, and that there will be no user restrictions. Quite a good deal, really. And maintaining the server as an open-source product means that it can still foster a community of products that use the server. I can do a lot with the spreadsheet alone, and I'm excited to find what I can do with the Jedox for Excel (i.e. Jedox Base) features that were lacking in Palo for Excel Community Edition. I hope the…

ETL connection error with Windows 8

jonlachlan - - General

Hmm, not sure what the problem may be. Just so you know, it is normal for you to get an error when you go to localhost:7777/browser. As far as I know, you're not supposed to have access through that interface, you have to go to the ETL Manager in the Palo Web interface.

jonlachlan - - General

Check that the user "admin" exists in the database, and that the password is correct.

jonlachlan - - General

I think you might have input the wrong connection information. Use port 7921 for ETL. It should work fine.

I'd suggest looking at some YouTube videos in addition to the documentation. They helped me understand better what OLAP is, how it's different than traditional databases, and how to create an OLAP database using Palo. Here is a brief survey of features: Palo OLAP for Excel - Free BI Tool for Planning, Forecasting, Analysis & Reporting youtube.com/watch?v=wes5SdRBYoo Watch the modeling being built in and inserted into Excel with these videos: Spreadsheet OLAP with Excel and Palo - Part 1 youtube.…

No access to cube

jonlachlan - - Palo for Excel

No Excel 2013 support? Will they update the CE version to support this?

Palo 3.2 Community Edition

jonlachlan - - General

An updated CE edition would be fabulous and very much appreciated. I think that compatibility with Excel 2013 is going to be the really critical aspect.

Should I choose Palo?

Thanks, I'm in touch with the partner and they've been helpful in getting me information. Looking forward to working with them.

The Community Edition of Palo Web opens all reports in Design Mode by default, therefore impacting the user experience and making files vulnerable to unwanted edits. This is a quick and dirty hack to make user mode the default mode for opening files/reports in the File Manager, and turning Design Mode into a supplementary option that's only available to Admins and Designers. Note that I'm a relative newbie to this software, and changing the code could very well break something. So make backup co…

Should I choose Palo?

Thanks everyone for the comments! I appreciate your thoughts and experiences. After browsing the documentation I see that yes it's very simple to use the formulas. I think the test cube I made (my first cube ever, by the way!) had so many dimensions that I became intimidated by the length of the formulas -- but of course the first several arguments of the formula are database, cube, and then the "page selectors" (i.e. the high-level dimensions), and then finally references to the column and row …

Should I choose Palo?

Hi all, I've been evaluating Palo and watching these forum boards for a week or so, and it's been really great for helping me figure out what Palo is capable of. Generally, as a non-IT person (although I'm a "website hobbyist") I am pleased with the ease of use of the system. The modelling interface in Excel is easy, and the web interface has lots of potential for the project I have in mind. What I'm eager to find out is how easy it is to build dashboard-style spreadsheets without needing to do …