Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 53.

Also you can ['FC']=IF(['Status']==1,['AC'],STET()) In this way users can see actual-forecast timeline in natural way and future is editable. This is regardless of interface - all transparent down to the olap cube. The downside is that you can not compare past period AC vs FC. But before updating status you can copy past to another archived region. Alternatively you can temporarily clear status to analyze original data if needed. Cheers,Madis

Rule syntax information

Madis - - Rules

Hi Paul, Please take a look at Excel advanced topics manual. The rules chaper should be in there. Best, Madis

Quote from laloune: “try to sudo apt-get install libapr1” I doubt it will help. Suite services run in the chroot jail which means that installing stuff to the base system will be inaccessible to the service. This file is supposed to be located either in <suite_base>/usr/lib or <suite_base>/usr/local/apache2/lib. If it is there then you may have some unresolved ABI dependencies in the parent system. Can you run CORE service alone? Vanilla 12.04 LTS Server is missing some 32-bit compatibility pack…

Between filter for ETL

Madis - - Palo ETL

Quote from laloune: “mmm, sorry but it does not look very much groovy-syntax compliant” Thanks for pointing this out - Groovy isn't my first or even second language

Between filter for ETL

Madis - - Palo ETL

Hi, If the conditions can be read from the same row then you can use FieldTransform to do the checking. For example using Groovy transform to set the flag for further filtering: Input: Condition1_Field Input: Condition2_Field Script: if (_input1=3 and _input2>5){ return 'YES' } else { return 'NO' } This will return 'YES' if your Condition1=3 and Condition2>5, otherwise 'NO'. You can then redirect the output to TableView and filter out any 'NO' records. Hope this helps, Madis

ME- Creating user with WEB UI

Madis - - Palo Web

There's a great blog about security in the web UI: thenakedleaf.org/2013/09/24/in…ion-to-security-in-jedox/ Cheers, Madis

Hi Peter, Just referred to the manual and it says: range::attribute - will set an attribute with the passed "Key" to the passed "value". void range::attribute(Object value); From the returned text one could that this particular cells has two attributes: 'dblclick' and 'palo_pe' each one contaning an array. Since the documentation is a bit vague on the syntax this requires more experimenting. Like this it won't work: PHP Source Code (10 lines) I can not give it more try at the moment but I suspec…

This macro will give you some interesting results (B2 contains PALO.ENAME from Paste Elements): PHP Source Code (13 lines) However, I do not have success setting the attribute back to a cell.

I believe that events are somehow related to cell properties (see admin guide), maybe this information can be read from range::attributes. From my perspective needs some research. I'd appreciate if someone could help out - see the OOP topic for more info how this could be leveraged Madis

Hi Peter, My take on OOP is to make the template content easily manageable so that any changes not affecting layout do not require editing templates. Below is an example. Whenever I create new wb, I just add A1=INIT("Template") which calls some php include containing all methods for this particular wb. In this case OOP is not fully leveraged, I am abusing it to make the things more maintainable. All variables, names, formulas &c are easily visible in the code. Too bad that form elements and dyna…

Hi Peter, PHP handbook says:Quote: “In PHP 4, only constant initializers for var variables are allowed. (php.net/manual/en/keyword.class.php)”I recall that one time I was unable to set $var=array(something). I just gave up and used constructor instead. Maybe such feature is not present in macro engine. What version are you using? Macro engine should be based on PHP5, I guess. I'm not sure if there's any ini setting you can use (and which ones are supported). Those settings are stored in core/etc…

Hi Peter, Your questin seems to be valid. I checked that there is no limitation of which variable types you can set as class properties in PHP5 so basycally you could could use methods to define class properties. You could try something simple to see if this kind of limitation still exists in macro engine: PHP Source Code (10 lines) Anyway your plan (private $as) sounds intriguing, I'll try later to figure out some practical use for it

Hi Peter, Have you tried this? PHP Source Code (9 lines) I guess you can only initialize constant variables prior to constructor.

Hi, it could be just a typo but your rule is missing be either B or C in the beginning of the right side of the rule. It tells the system whether the rule is applicable to base or consolidated elements. In your case the rule should only be calculate base level elements as you basically copy the data over at the highest level or granularity: Source Code (1 line) Best, Madis

Sorry, I didn't notice you are working with a view rather than DynaRange (which I assumed). With the latter you will have special box for editing the formula. In any case, you can select the range where the subset results will be stored (e.g. column B as per your example) and hit F2 to enter edit mode. Then change the formula as needed and hit ctrl+Shift+Enter to create new array formula based on your input. If you want to modify existing array just select the whole range containing the formula …

Hi, This is what the PALO.AFILTER formula does. I haven't tried this approach with subset designer but you definitely can to this using formula instead of designer. Just create subset with hard-coded filter in designer, then switch to formula view. There you can substitute your 'USD' value with required variable. Original subset formula whould look like something like this (do not fill in other attributes in designer, they need to be empty): Source Code (1 line) and the one with variable: Source…

Get current user and password in macro

Madis - - Palo Web

Yes, you can use current_user() in macro but you can not retrieve her password. Workaround would be using admin(internal) user to fetch current user's password (as long as it's not encrypted) and create another connection that way. Thanks, Madis

Get current user and password in macro

Madis - - Palo Web

I'm trying to do some operations (using v3.2CD as sandbox) using the PHP API. Api functions such as palo_init() require user name and password. I could use internal information but in that case the security would be not available. I can read the information from the session variable using separate php file (e.g. localhost/test.php) like this: PHP Source Code (13 lines) However, if I try this inside macro, nothing will be returned. I'd assume the studio session is not available the the macro engi…

Simple macro doesn't work

Madis - - Palo Web

Yup, core outputs everything to the console, in real time: [2013/09/18 00:07:27] INFO [ui_backend] snapshot manager gc shutting down ... [2013/09/18 00:07:27] INFO [ui_backend] snapshot manager gc halted [2013/09/18 00:07:27] DEBUG [core] server - unloading objects. [2013/09/18 00:07:27] DEBUG [core] unloading application object [971a0661-e16e-4 133-aad4-e6c42aac894f] Of course, log is somewhat better, you get the history and stuff but from console you can observe the direct result of your input…

Simple macro doesn't work

Madis - - Palo Web

Quote from MatzeR: “ What is a common way for testing? ” There are many suggestions around the forum. I personally stop the core service and run core.exe from console instead. In this way macro errors are displayed in real time in the console window.