Search Results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Connection error

Benh - - General

Looks like a security problem caused by Excel - try to activate macros in the Excel options. Best regards Ben

Speed-up Palo performance

Benh - - General

Hello, first Michel is right, you should switch off automatic calculation or create a check whether the worksheet is opened and let the function only retrieve data if so. Second you should use PALO.DATAV (array function) whereever you can as it is much faster thn PALO.DATAC (see manual for further information). Third, are you using rules? This might slow down all queries, especially if the add-in retrieves the data for the whole workbook. Regards Ben

Hello Aisakos, some questions to understand your problem: - Did you install the Palo server on your local computer or on a "real" server? - How does your palo.ini (C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Dokumente\Jedox\Palo\data) look like? - Are any ports blocked by a firewall (Windows firewall for example)? - How could you manage to install the Palo Excel add-in without admin rights? Usually there are no admin rights necessary for just using the Excel add-in, just for the setup. Best regards…

Automatic refreshing of elments

Benh - - Palo for Excel

What about PALO.DIMENSION_LIST_ELEMENTS() as a matrix function in column A? Works great, unless you have a hierarchy there. Regards Ben

How to stress test Palo Server?

Benh - - Palo OLAP Server

I have a VBA solution based on the Palo module now. It just loads any amount of random data from the database and measures the time needed for one dataset. That should be enough for a comparison between Palo and Alea. Regards Ben

Hello, I've got a similar problem: Win XP-Client: no local server, only Excel add-in - Importer works perfectly Win 2003 Server: 64bit server installed and seperate installation of Excel add-in - Importer doesn't work Everything else seems to be normal. Regards Ben

Hello Holger, thanks for your reply and the link to JMeter. But I'm rather looking for a possibility to put Palo under pressure than for a tool for performance measurement. Eg a kind of script with automated database requests or similar (actually that might work with VBA, I think I'll try that). Regards Ben

Hello, actually we are using an old version of MIS Alea and would like to migrate to Palo as it seems to bring few benefits for us. Our biggest concern is Palo's performance, therefore we try to arrange a kind of stress test for the Palo server. Does anybody have experience with that or does anybody have an idea how to do such a stress test? The focus should be on multi-user performance but we cannot ask enough people to access the database and valuate Palo's performance. Regards Benh