Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Hi all I'm looking for a way to automatically import data into a palo database. I generate output in excel on a regular basis and would like to have an automated system that imports the data and updates my database automatically. - sort of at the click of a button. Ideally this would be done with some type of script or something with as little user intervention as possible. Does anyone have any experience with this? thanks so much. BU

I added a line in the palo.ini to change the data directory but that didn't really seem to do anything. Specifically I added: data-directory J:\Jexox\Palo\data where J is the network drive I would like to house the database. I don't know what else I would need to change in the ini file. I also read through the link you provided but, to be honest, didn't quite understand any of it. Finally, I installed the server only version of palo, but I'm even more at a loss with that. I can't even seem to ge…

I'm looking to install palo on a network drive instead of my local hard disk. Can I do that with the free version of Palo or do I need to get a server edition? How would I set it up? Thanks.

Try clicking on the "excel add-in" shortcut twice. I know it sounds stupid, but that's what I have to do. The first click will open excel. The second click on the shortcut will make the Ribbon appear. If that doesn't work for you, I'm out of ideas. It just worked for me by fluke. Maybe someone else knows.

Yes, I'm having the same problem. In Office07, when I click on the connection wizard on the ribbon, I get an error that says: "an exception occurred while calling the function 'btnPaloWizard_click'. The exception message is: Object message not set to an instance of an object." anyone know how to work around this or why it's there?

I enabled the add-ins in the options menu. For some reason, that by itself doesn't do anything - which is what tripped me up in the first place. I ended up clicking on the "Palo Excel add-in" shortcut in the start menu. That started up excel and then added the Ribbon at the end.

I uninstalled Palo 2.0 and installed the new 2.5 release (June25th). After when I open up Excel, I no longer see the Palo Ribbon in the add-ins. I even tried to go back to the old installation of Palo 2. Still, I no longer see the ribbon (or dropdown menu) for Palo. Any suggestions? How do I get the Palo commands back? thanks, Alex PS I'm using Office 2007. UPDATE: Never mind, I managed to get it working.