Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Relational data via Palo?

baldie - - General

There is an excellent sqlite wrapper for VB/VBA (not for OO though) written by Olaf Schmidt thecommon.net/2.html. If you search MS vb. classic newsgroups there are many posts by Olaf and others as to how to use the wrapper. It's very ADO-like and easy to use. Also Olaf is very supportive if you drop him an e-mail with specific question. And I think with some other Olafs tools (free but closed source) you can do client-server things with sqlite. If I understood you correctly you can look into it.

Palo Excel Add-in VBE bug?

baldie - - General

Seems to me Palo Excel Add-In introduces the same ugly bug know to VBA developers with some Com-Addins - if you open a workbook, open VBE (visual basic editor), leave VBE open then close the workbook (not Excel application) the VBAProject remains to be seen in project explorer! At least I see it on Excel 2007/Excel 2010 Beta systems. Can this be avoided somehow with Palo Add-in? if you do a google search it comes up the same issue was with Google Desktop (never used myself) and unforunately it i…

how to download Palo ETL server?

baldie - - General

OK thanks, I did sound like an a$$hole. Sorry if somebody was offended.

how to download Palo ETL server?

baldie - - General

ridiculous, I am not downloading the software first time in my life! But this website definitely is not most intuitive (it sucks actually). I am going round and round in circles and still not able to find a link where ETL server can be downloaded. All the time they provide their stupid fill-in web form which I have filled in numerous times, they have sent an e-mail they will provide me with palo suite (I need ETL server at the moment to evaluate it) but nothing has arrived yet. Where is a link t…

Strange, I tried installing palo on another machine with Office 2010 beta and again got this message: setup did not detect installation of Microsoft Excel on the target machine and will exit. And I cannot install palo? What might be the problem here? Or probably I should ask on office forums?

RE: how to run simple VBA script

baldie - - General

Hi, It gives type mismatch error no 13. when I do: Debug.Print TypeName(Application.Run("PALO.DATABASE_LIST_CUBES", "localhost/demo", 0)) it prints out Error so I understand it is error before i can assign it to whatever variable type it can be. Thanks

Thanks, Rod, Curious why I have a problem. It's something with O2010 setup on my machine then.

Hello, I tried to install palo on another PC of mine with Win XP SP 3 and Office 2010 beta (32 bit) and it did not install. The setup said it did not found Excel installed on the system! can anybody else confirm this is normal? Thanks

is Excel Pivot table much quicker?

baldie - - General

Hello, I connected to localhost/Demo with Excel 2007 using palo ODBO driver and did a simple manipulation similar to palo manual procedures with Pivot Table and noticed that reporting with Pivot Table is much quicker than through palo excel interface in my case. Probably it is understandable but I feel its quite a big difference. I did not carry any timing though. Any one else experience the same?

RE: how to run simple VBA script

baldie - - General

OK, thanks, so basically it means to enter formulas in Excel sheet by code not by hand. Hopefully they will fix this. By the way why I get errors browsing the server API examples part? The error is like this: 1015;"invalid session";"wrong session identifier"; I guess its in Palospeak that I should log on server to see the examples or what? Version 3 SR1 of Palo Quote: “Originally posted by Rod Hi baldie, I have just moved to version 3 SR1 of Palo and noticed the same problem. These tpes of VBA c…

how to run simple VBA script

baldie - - General

Hello, I feel embarassed - thought I know VBA fairly well but a simple thing like this does not work here: Sub test() Range("a1").Value = Application.Run("PALO.DATABASE_LIST_CUBES", "localhost/demo", 0) End Sub It gives #NUM! in the Range("a1"). the same goes with all other Application.Run("PALO.<>) things. Frm Excel 2007 interface everything works OK. Should I set a reference to something in VBA editor? Should I connect to a Palo server first and get an instance of it? Please help Excel 2007 , …