Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

Thanks Noel! Office 2010 is on my shopping list... Any luck finding the sources for the Excel client? Happy New Year!

Palo 3.2 community

bfrancis - - Palo for Excel

Hi Paolo, Yes, it can be done. I installed it in Windows 8 Pro with Office 2007 using Parallels 8. I have not done any real testing. The installer wanted to download .NET 2.0 but Windows 8 suggested 3.5 instead, because it includes 2.0. Other than that I don't recall any problems. I should have installed .NET 3.5 first to test whether the Palo installer recognizes .NET 3,5 properly.

Pretty nice for a hack, though! I was wondering if/how these tools could be used together.

Mac OS

bfrancis - - General

Hi Madis, I installed JPalo into Eclipse. I have not tried to connect to a server yet but everything should work.

Palo 3.2 Community Edition

bfrancis - - General

Got it. Thanks Noel!

bfrancis - - General

Thanks for your reply, Noel. If I were evaluating to purchase then it might be enough time, but I am interested in learning and tinkering with it using the community feature set. I want the bug fixes and any new features that might be enabled in Palo 4. Ideally learning Palo more or less is the same as learning Jedox -- clearly some tools are not in the Palo tool set. That is unfortunate but really not a problem for me. If I were implementing it for a client I would license the premium version. …

More of the manual please

bfrancis - - General

This won't make you feel any better I'm sure, but the first 3rd party book for the Hyperion tools didn't surface until version 7, and that wasn't even for the MOLAP server (Essbase) -- just the Financial Reporting Studio tool. At version 4 (Essbase 7) there were no 3rd party books. It takes time to develop the consulting knowledge required to write a quality book and it isn't exactly headed for the New York Times Bestseller list.

TM1 Versus Jedox Palo - BARC 2011

bfrancis - - General

I would rather judge these products by videos like this than a survey any day of the week!

bfrancis - - General

I have seen the Jedox 4 videos and would like to learn it -- obviously I am not a 30-day demo kind of guy. The free open source version is the only real option for me, other than using another FOSS tool set.

I hope they have not forgotten either. The free open source option is what interested me in this software to begin with.

The open source version is definitely due for an update soon!

Mac OS

bfrancis - - General

Hi Madis, I have experienced the same issue. I used Fink originally, then homebrew, then a build using configure, etc. Unfortunately, there was no improvement. This might mean Boost is good (any version) and something else is going on. I will keep at it and post here if I make any progress. So far all I see is that it completes a single request and then ends, but does not appear to be crashing. If it is, I cannot find a log entry anywhere indicating that is the case. Hopefully it is something si…

Does anyone know whether these fixes were merged into the svn source tree? I did not see any patch files attached to this post.

I ran across this article earlier and thought this was a good place to share it. I know the thread is old so feel free to move it if appropriate. I am still trying to build Palo for MacOSX so I have not tested this approach yet. I hope Jedox will see value in strengthening the community edition by including more tools. robertomarchetto.com/www/using…alo-olap-cubes-dimensions

Excel 2010 64bit

bfrancis - - Palo for Excel

I would donate to bring 64bit support to the community edition. In fact that goes for community edition features in general.

Mac OS

bfrancis - - General

Hi Hugo, I re-read your post and spent some more time hacking and I am happy to report that I have successfully built Palo on MacOSX 10.8.2! Here are the steps to make it work. I hacked my way around one issue and guessed my way through the other -- hopefully correctly. :-) 1. Download the palo_server_988.zip source code 2. unzip using jar xvf palo_server_988.zip (I have seen other variants. Does anyone know if this is the best set of options to use?) 3. cd to the server_export directory and chm…