Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 156.

Are there any reasons to have this parent-child relation between US-X and US. In OLAP only N elements can hold actual data. C elements just aggregates these N element values. Therefore US-X and US would be identical (suppose US-X has only one child). If you want to switch between two values based on context (Measure in this case) you would have to either change US-X to be N element or define additional N element - US-aux of type N. Anyway, best would be to draw 2x2 matrix (US,US-X)x(Measure,othe…

Hi Pascal I didn't get relation of US and US-X element from your first post. Why the rule ['Measure', 'Factory':'US'] = ['Measure', 'Factory':'US-X'] should cause circular reference. US-X would have to be parent consolidation of US to make the rule circular. Jiri

There is no built-in support for such operation. I don't know details, but extracting actual data of the oldSalesRep - and loading them in 3 load jobs back to cube with altered element (new SelesReps) with value divided by 3 in your case. Then you can delete the oldSalesRep element. Suppose there are no other references to it - e.g. in rules. Other option is to keep all SalesRep and just shift data from reps who left to others using rules in time periods after oldSalesReps left. It is your choic…

Aggregation of line items for account

jjunek - - Palo ETL

if you clear the cube (all periods you are going to load) before you can use add

Depends on complexity of the model. Easiest way is to use rule something like. ['SalesRep':{'NewRep1','NewRep2'.'NewRep3'}] = ['SalesRep':'OldRep']/3 + continue() or ['SalesRep':{'NewRep1','NewRep2'.'NewRep3'}] = ['SalesRep':'OldRep']/3 + [] Target of the rule can be extended based on what you want to do - plan based on previous Actual data, and in time - or you can do it dynamically for time periods after the organizations change. Rule can be restricted to Base cells ([...] = B: ...) - depends …

backup, backup, backup

Writing to cube slow ?!

jjunek - - Palo OLAP Server

What version are you using? Which process uses the cpu most? Are you splashing or loading base cells?

Jedox 7 Rules bug

jjunek - - Rules

Hi OLAP 7 distinguishes between 0 and null. Its is documented breaking change. Processing of 0 costs much more memory and cpu whereas null is almost for free. so ['Delivering savings'] = B:IF((['Total savings in percent'] - ['Company Savings']) < null,null,['Total savings in percent'] - ['Company Savings']). Should do the job. I's also recommend to use comparison operators that do not include equality check ( >, <, != ) than others (>=, <=, ==). It is faster in new engine that was built to elimi…

It is happening to me time to time. Excel is quite strict and disable add-ins anytime it gets the feeling there is something wrong with them. Open Excel Options/Add-Ins and in combo box Manage select Disabled items and re-enable it.

Restrict character entry into a cell

jjunek - - Palo Web

It is not built-in in the OLAP, but I think you write your own php writeback event handler and let Supervision Server to start it as a reaction on typed cell value. Just search documentation

Quote from JCO: “sible yet to other users/sessions ..because unfortunatelly the integrator package still does on” You are right. All the modifications to the database data and metadata are published for other connections at the moment the outer call successfully finishes. The modified data are visible within context of SVS custom code not from externally started tools.

Olap server error code: 2002

jjunek - - Palo Web

Hi, it is error ERROR_DATABASE_NOT_LOADED check the palo.log for details. Some database couldn't be loaded for some reasons (incomplete/damaged files, memory usage) Best would be to use backup of your database or rebuild it from etl project if possible. In other case you would have to check recently modified files of your database folder and try to check what's wrong with them. All of them are text files, except few redundant binary files for better performance.

Hi Mattheus, this seems to be some problem in excel rules editor. Make sure you are using latest version of Jedox.If the problem persists you should report the issue and how to reproduce it step by step.If you are able to type the rule formula [] = palo.marker("","",...) and you type it into Rule texbox without using comboboxes with rule fragments and press OK button you should avoid the parsing of the rule in excel integration. BTW: you should use markers only if you have performance problems w…

Hi Nicolas, we know about problems related to this scenario and we are working on it. If it is acceptable for you you can store any negative number to represent existing 0 Headcount value ['Metric':'Headcount'] = B:IF(STET() > 0, STET(), if (STET() < 0, 0 , ['Metric':'Headcount', 'Year':offset(-1)])) regards Jiri

Unfortunately there is no way to do this. One of the reasons is that all the cells have the same value for all users. Implementing such rule function would destroy this principle and cause inconsistency in report results and kill performance - every user would have to have his own cache. J

What Hobee suggested is also possible. I didn't want to suggest it because it is returning 1 also for negative savings values. So if your savings are always positive numbers you can use it too. In 5.1 and 6.0 versions you can define the rule without using markers, if you have no other rules in the cube using markers. ['active projects'] = B:['savings'] / ['savings'] would do the job. Actually in version 6.0 the version "['active projects'] = B: IF(['savings'] > 0,1,0)" whould be as fast as the "…

Hi, I think in hierarchical dimensions, first top element is chosen as default. In flat dimension first element is selected. You can edit the dimension this way to get pre-selected element. We are aware of this requirement and we are working on it. Jiri

Talking about performance

Your approach to create more cubes with less dimensions is good practice These cubes are usually connected via rules if needed. Only in case of performance problems these individual cubes can contain redundant data from other cubes to eliminate rules. If you want to go this way from beginning and load data directly to multiple cubes it's ok. Cubes with aggregations only with 8 dimensions and less than some hundreds of millions of loaded cells is the simplest scenario working well on 8 core cpus …

Talking about performance

Hi Matheus, the number of cells in the cube is unimportant. 10^13 you have in your cube is nothing unusual. It depends on sparsity of data - how many base cells you load into the cube. I doubt it will be more than few millions. Other aspect is how general will be your cube rules and how complex calculations they will do. Last week I was helping with performance issues in cubes with 10^27 cells. Jiri

Hi, if I understood you right you have to use B: rule ['active projects'] = B: IF(['savings'] > 0,1,0) then consolidation over other dimensions does the job Jiri