Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

Aggregation of line items for account

Bjoern. - - Palo ETL

Hello everyone, I haven't found a thread so far covering this subject and haven't really found a solution in the knowledge base either. Say I have a only a file of line items (i.e. seperate entries to the account) to all P&L accounts and want to get the aggregation done via integrator. How would I achieve this, since the aggregation function in the field transform aggregates accross columns but not accross lines, or am I just too blind to see it? And I cannot use the "add" in cube load, just the…

Learn to make data meaningful

Bjoern. - - Best Practices

Hi, so far I haven't found scientific papers covering all of your above mentioned points in one go. But just for the parts of meaningful data and data visualization, you might want to have a look at Edward Tufte. He is a bit too much hyped but should have some helpful pointers. Sage Journals offers a multitude of papers, albeit not for free: journals.sagepub.com/home/ivi MIT also has a department dedicated to data visualization: massvis.mit.edu/#papers cvcl.mit.edu/papers/Borkin_eta…isualization…

Thanks a lot for your help Peer! It works like a charm. I didn't even take it into consideration to use html breaks Cheers, Bjoern.

Sure thing. What I am basically missing is something like in Excel, where you can select the cells that should be the label of the axis, the cells that contain the actual data which should be in the data line and for example a title. I made a screenshot from excel. There it couldn't be easier, because the program automatically detects what the data is and what are most probably the labels. But there you can at least change it, if Excel gets it wrong. I am missing that in Jedox Web and it drives …

Hello everyone, I am confused about the behaviour when creating a graph. It is quite frankly frustrating. When I select the data for the graph, the first line contains the label, the second one the data. The labels are recognized as a seperate data series by Jedox though. There is no option, as in Excel for example, to choose seperately the datacells for data and labels. I attached a screenshot. Here you can see that Jedox gets the year as a seperate series, as well as the full year description.…

Hello, I need to create a rule to show data from Cube A in Database A to Cube b in Database B. The issue is, that one dimension is named slightly different and I don't know how the syntax is to basically tell match the dimensions, so jedox gets it that Dimension ABC in database A is the same as Dimension DEF in database B. Elements in Dimension DEF in Database B are one level higher, that is the whole difference. e.g. the dimension Database A has the balance sheet account as base element whereas…

Thanks for the pointers, I had to do it without the system data though, because I would somehow have to get only the Users from a certain group and then the full name. Since this information is not stored in one dimension but in the case of the name even in a cube itself, I can not figure out how to create a "matrix" cube with that combined System information and a dimension from a different database. It seems that there is no other option then creating and maintaining a seperate dimension for t…

Thanks, no it seems to run through. It still doesn't give an ID though and has an value error in the cell then, where the job id should be written to. I checked the monitor and the job didn't run. Given the deadline, I think I have to give up on this and just start the jobs the normal way. Thanks for your help though.

Hi, not sure what you mean exactly. I have no time at the moment to try and fiddle around. Will write back when I have an update on the situation.

Thanks, When I set up the Connection to the system, I could extract the Dimension #_USER. Does anyone know where the information is stored, that is visible in the System Manager about the users, e.g. name? When I checked to get attributes as well, it ran into an error. The usernames are at times hard to decipher to whom they belong, therefore it would be helpful to get the full name.

Hi there, I was wondering whether it is possible to use the System User-Dimension in a "normal" cube. Here is the reason for the request: I want to make the user access rights administration for one database easy for administration by power-users Therefore, I intended to make a cube with the data dimension and the user dimension, basically as a matrix to fill it with 1 and 0, when the access should be granted or denied. I know that it is possible to do this via the normal user administration in …

The require library('integrator'); wasn't in the excerpt, since I only copied the function. I added the initialisation of "@jobstatuts" but am running into the same issue, that it starts but cannot give any return values I took that line from the Macro Engine API Source Code (29 lines)

Ok, so if I get you right $project and $job was already correct then, or am I confusing it? I just had to reverse the $returnid line so that the value of the variable is written to the cell. EDIT: And I put that line to the very end so that it is in order of executing the code from top to bottom. Like this I have the same problem though. I guess that I'm still making something wrong or that I mixed it up. Source Code (23 lines)

I tried it, but somehow I seemingly cannot refer to the respective cell. If I go the following route, it runs through but without a result. It seems as if it doesn't get the project name and job name from the respective cells. According to the Macro Engine API, it should be relatively straight forward, or did I miss something PHP-specific? EDIT: I added the value, but do I need it as well, if I want the script just to retrieve the string-value within the cell? Either way it doesn't work Source C…

I will give it a try. My original idea was to be able to select a job from a combobox (which has the function to list all jobs of one project). Like that I would have to at least manually maintain a list of the jobs (which of course can change in the course of time).

Hello everybody, for a current feature request I am trying to make a web spreadsheet similar to the one in Jedox Demo Spreadsheets "ETL Tools". The goal is to select Jobs and start them from within the web. Unfortunately I cannot even make the demo work, since it cannot generate the Project and Job list. I've seen that there is no login in the code, but it is required. The problem is, that I have no knowledge in PHP. I had a look at the knowledgebase article but the code is considerably differen…

So I fiddled around a bit with it. With SQL I didn't get it going. I got to rusty in SQL to make it work. I only got syntax errors when trying to combine Case Left and Case Cast(nvarchar) left respectively. In the field transform the numberformat function worked but with groovy I cannot multiply with a negative number. I get the following error: "Transform T_FT_GuV wurde geprüft. Es gab Warnhinweise. Failure in function Monatswert: Unable to execute groovy function: multiply() should be called w…

Hi Seaben, do you have any pointers how to do that? I'm completely new to groovy and don't really know how to add the minus-sign to numbers without and remove the minus sign of the other figures.

To do it via SQL in Jedox was my first idea as well, and I don't even need a case statement, since all values have to be inverted. the problem is that I get a data conversion error if I multiply the value by -1. That's why I tried it afterwards with a field transform.

Hi, no the minus is always in front the content of the csv-file looks like this (whereas the last value/column is the value column R70110;0090000000;-92628283,33