Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

Hi, can somebody tell me where it is possible to find exact specification about restricions for the Palo BI Suite? - how many rows are possible to create (for Excel 2003 it was about 65000) - how many dimensions / cubes can be build - where the data is exactly stored (I can see the .csv file in the "data" folder but where is the data?)

RE: WSS Grey worksheet

berndo - - General

what happende with the grey view? problem solved? how? i have the same problem. problem not solved.

RE: Worksheet Server Workbook

berndo - - General

Quote: “Originally posted by sukhenduroy Hi All, We are using worksheet server 3. Few days before it was fine. But now when we are opening a workbook most of the time the workbook appearing blank. Which means we can not find any cell in work book. Have any idea about this problem. Thanks in advance. Sukhendu” I have the same problem

Hi, can somebody report what kind of problems are appearing when using the Palo BI Suite Community Version (Windows)? I'm wondering if I'm the only person who has problems. I tried the newest version of 28 Semptember 2009 and it isn't still working fine. Basic functions don't work properly: -Inserting a simple and easy diagram (two columns and three rows) doesn't work. The palo system chrashes. -moving in a workbook absolutely slow!!! -if you move in a workbook cells are disappearing, doubleing …

Probleme WSS 3

berndo - - Palo OLAP Server

any one of you able to insert a simple chart in an workbook? (win version, community) my system crashes every time.

Problem with WSS3

berndo - - General

Quote: “Originally posted by sukhenduroy Thanks berndo for your help. I thought these problems are happening only with me. I will try this with new version, let see the result. Regards, Sukhendu” I have tried the new version today. Same problems. Sometimes I think this is a alpha version and not beta! I don't know why basic functions don't work in the Palo BI Suite (Worksheet server, WSS3 or however you call it). Take a look into the bug reporter for Palo BI Suite bugs.palo.net/mantis/my_view_pa…

Problem with WSS3

berndo - - General

You know the bug reporter for palo? bugs.palo.net/mantis/my_view_page.php I have similar problems. I don't know when this problem and other problems will be resolved in WSS3. Maybe tomorrow will be an new release available. WSS3 shows really strange behaviour. Cells are dissapearing (content) or doubled. Most of the cell problem appears if you scroll.

WSS2 available?

berndo - - General

Sometimes I read that the WSS2 is somewhere still available. Where can i get it for practiting until the WSS3 is in a stable version available?

Problem with WSS3

berndo - - General

Does anybody has also problems with inserting a normal chart into a palo bi suite spreadsheet (latest release of WSS3)? i'm only trying to insert a simple chart but the chart doesn't appear after selecting the cells. after selceting the cells for the chart and clicking on ok: in firefox a white window (empty grafik) is shown. in ie nothing happens.

Palo and Star / Snowflake schema

berndo - - General

Quote: “Originally posted by sivgin the elementnames of a dimension are the keys. ” sure about that? is that mentioned somewhere maybe in the manual?

RE: Docs and Manuals

berndo - - General

Quote: “Originally posted by jgibbs There are two manuals. One that is complete with everything ...” Everything means that the Worksheet Server 3.0 is completely explained? If the WSS 3 is the web based edition of Palo or similar. Than the normal manual should be enough isn't it?

Worksheetserver 3.0 installing Add-in

berndo - - General

Quote: “Originally posted by axi Source Code (1 line)” ?

berndo - - General

Quote: “Originally posted by BjoernHB I think it's not possible. Small Hint: The "REPT()" function works quite well to build kind of "traffic lights".” I don't know the REPT() function. Where is the specification for that function? Theses KPI chart looks really cool. jedox.com/de/loesungen/key-performance-indicators.html Is this with Worksheet Server 3 possible? I now that there is a Sparklines Add-In for Excel. But as I read the installing of add-ins in WSS3 is not possible.

WSS 3.0 Several Questions

berndo - - General

Yes it's true. The Palo.Data works and you don't need the Palo.Datac necessarily. The Palo.Setdata works also. That's important if you want to try the system. Otherwise I think you can't write in a cube. Have you tried to import data with a txt or csv file? It works?

WorkSheet Server 3

berndo - - General

Quote: “Originally posted by BjoernHB Berndo, I'd advice you to read the FAQ of Palo and learn something about the basic functions. ” I'm doing it at the moment. It looks really cool. But what do you mean with FAQ? I know FAQs but could only find the first part of the Palo manual. Is there a whitepaper available with an overview of the Palo technology and specification?

berndo - - General

If you want to use the WSS 3.0 is it possible to install add-ins? I mean there are a few add-ins for creating sparklines for example. In Excel you can install them normally.

berndo - - General

Comparison was the wrong word I've used. Trying to figure out the difference would fit better.

berndo - - General

Hi, I'm trying to compare Palo dimension and measures with the theory about data warehousing. In the classical data warehousing are two mostly known schemas available: star and snowflake. how are these schemas solved in Palo? In Palo is a cube build with dimensions and measures. In the star and snowflake schemas is a primary key necessary. Where is the primary key in Palo?

WorkSheet Server 3

berndo - - General

I'll try the WSS 3. But as I have read that a few problems are present I want to figure out what experience other users can report.

WorkSheet Server 3

berndo - - General

With palo with excel (ad in) you aren't able to publish it on the web like the WSS 3.0 does?