Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

OK. I did not know about those semi-additive aggregations (jedox 6). But in my case it was a little bit different than in the description:- as described, I had to set the option 'Use for semi-additive measure declaration' for the Meaure dimension - different from description, I did not have to define a time dimension with the option 'Use for semi-additive aggregations'. In my case it was the country dimension. This is a solution that is ok for the first moment, but does not make it possible to a…

Hi. I am looking for a way to calculate an avarage of the children of consolidated elements. There are Measures that hold values as percentages. When it comes to consolidation, those values are summed up. This is obviously wrong because then you may get values like 355% for the consolidated elements. To get it more specific: There are for example percentages for AT, CH and DE that are summed up in the parent DACH. How do I get an average for those parent-elements? I addition those averages have …

Yes! Thats seems to be also a valid and smart way to do it. Nice to see that there are many ways. PS: Is there a way to tag a thread as done as a user?

you are right. it is indeed.

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks so far. In the meantime I have found another possibility: I made a new consolidated Measure that holds the original one as a child. By this I was able to avoid the circular reference. Because I can now say "the new (consolidated) measure is equal to the original one but instead of country1 take country2. in all other cases the new measure is just like the old one" ["Measure_new","country1"] = C:["Measure_old","country2"] (no need to define a rule for all othe…

Standard Deviation

Pascal456 - - Rules

I know this is old. But for anyone else who stumbles upon this topic: I give a try to do this during the load of the data. There is the possibility to integrate scipts powered by the programming language R which makes calculation of data quite handy. A standard deviation is rediculously easy with R.

Hi, my problem is the following: I cannot find a way to define a Business Rule that replaces a certain element with another one. Example: When I query the value for US (ISO country code), I would instead like to query US-X I tried to solve that with rules. You may think "why not providing US-X direclty?". It is a Combo Box in a web report that provides the values (via a variable @country). In most of the cases the country that you choose by that combo box is ok. But there is one certain case in …

Transform Denormalization

Pascal456 - - Palo ETL

Quote from p.hildebrandt: “Jedox introduced the "Dynamic Measure Source" for TableDenormalization as of version 7” Ah! OK. Did not know about that. Thanks for the advice. Hope we will change to a newer version very soon.

Pascal456 - - Palo ETL

Actually I did not find a solution, that automatically takes every unique entry in the Normalizer Field as a Measure and therefore building up new columns out of it. Now I solved my original problem (that I did not explain here) through a business rule, so that I do not need this load anymore. If someone comes up with a solution at some point in the future, share it, please!

Pascal456 - - Palo ETL

Hi, I am struggeling with the configuration of a "TableDenormalization Transform" in Jedox Integrator. Actually I am pretty sure that I know what I want to achieve with the TableDenormalization but till now I was not able to figure out the correct configuration for it. I am reading (extracting) a Jedox cube and are using Jedox 6 SR2. Say I have the Table from the manual: img_535be01b1d650.png - What do I have to configure ? - Are there things I have to notice while configuring? - What fields do …

Wow, that are some hints and tips sort of quality I have looked for! Thank you very very much! Quote from Bjoern.: “If you find good papers, please do share. It is always advantegous to get new input.” I will do so!

Hi all! I am looking for some help with some quite general questions. I would like to learn more about Business Intelligence. In special I want to learn more about how one should design reports, so that the data it provides is easily to read and analyse. I did some quick google searches but ended up realizing that I even do not know what I am actually looking for ! So I know the main key words are something like the following:- BI - meaningful data - charts - data analysis - report design But to…

Top / Flop Analysis

Pascal456 - - Best Practices

I know this is an old discussion, but I got here while I was looking for a solution for the same problem. I am currently using Jedox 6, which does not come up with an built in solution (AFAIK). Did you submit a feature request, so that i can support this/vote it up?

Nevermind! I found out that I simply did not know how to edit the regarding elements of the charts. I always clicked right somewhere on the chart. The edit window that you can open then, is just not the right one. Figured out that one has to right-click on one of the Axis' numbers! 647-edit-axis-PNG unfortunately in german...

I am trying to insert a bar chart that shows a series of data. Formatted as percentages. Actually I am not really interested in how the (source) data should be formatted, I am more interested in presenting the data as percentages in the web reports. Here is what i achieved: 645-chart-percent-PNG Source data looks like this: 646-sourceData-PNG The problem is the axis on the left. I tried many combinations of different format of the data, to achieve what you can see in the Knowledge Base entry for…

All the other functions seem to work. But they do not work while I am in File-Manager Mode and run the web report from the developer tab. Instead it only works out of the Report-Manager (showing the report the usual way). The msgbox will not run anyway. For now I can assume that this is a bug for the msgbox? I will get back to this topic if i notice any further problems.

Thanks! This sounds good, but for me it seems as it does not work. my test code is: Source Code (6 lines) While this does not seem to work when opening a web report, it DOES work when i attach this code to a button. Is there any trick with this function?

Regarding to this topic: Is there any function or event that makes it possible to run macro code when a web report is opened? I want to do some calculations with a macro. But i think it's quite annoying to press a button for this.