Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Hi Idivis, thanks for your answer. I think it has to be an ETL approach indeed. So I think the following steps are necessary: - extract cube slice with sales rep´s data - process/split the data in a RDBMS - load it back into the cube Does that generally match your solution, or do you have a better way?

Hi jjunek, thanks for your support. But I´m afraid I don´t quite get it. I have used rules before, but only to calculate 'pseudo' measures from existing measures. The point is, the old SalesRep (an element in the SalesRep dimension) shall be discarded, and all his existing data in the cube shall now be splitted and spread to the 3 other SalesReps that have been added to the dimension. Since sales representatives tend to leave the company sooner or later, I´m looking for a generic way to handle t…

Ok, just for the records: there was indeed NOT enough disk space left. So if you ever stumble upon that error, be sure to check your disk size.

We have quite a large cube with historical sales data for the past years. ​Now, one of the sales representatives quits the company and his sales area is divided and distributed to his 3 successors. ​To be able to do past-based planning, his complete data inside the cube shall also be evenly distributed to those 3 new sales reps. ​I think, if it were just one new sales rep, the element could just have been renamed, but how can I divide the element? ​Has anybody done something like that before?

Hello, a (quite large) cube load job in 'add' mode resulted in the this error: Failed to load cube: Corrupt file,"(Olap server error code: 1010) After this the whole database has vanished from the OLAP server. There is enough disk space left and the cube files in the according directory still exist. Is there any chance to find out what really happened? thanks martino

Hi all, as i unfortunately had to learn, it´s not possible to refer to "activerange()->value" once a wss-file is published and rendered as a report, it´s only accessible in file mode. Using it anyways only returns the value of cell A1. Now i built a widget, which depends on operating with the active cell´s value. So please, can anybody recommend a work-around for this? I was thinking of copying the active cell´s value to A1, which would work for me, but i don´t know if this is possible. Any kind…