Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

Combobox within cell

chayden - - General

Hi All, I have designed my budget file in excel, but I would like to know how to get the combobox inline in a cell like the data validation list in excel. Also with Palo Web 3.0 it seems at times the screen is not refreshing fast enough. I suspect it is the memory and processor on the local machine. Are there anyone having that issue also.

Conditionally sum data

chayden - - Rules

Hi All, It's me again. I have created the dimension with the cost centre dimension but I have added some rules but the performance is poor. Below is a list of rules connected to cube in question. I have narrowed done the problem rule to ['OT-Numerator']. If I replace PALO.DATA with PALO.MARKER I get 0 for the values. I would appreciate any thoughts ['Overtime'] = N:IF(LEFT(!'Employee',1) == "3",0,IF(LEFT(PALO.DATA("OM_new","Employee Payroll",!'Year',"Fixed",!'Cost Centres',!'Employee',"Employmen…

Conditionally sum data

chayden - - Rules

Hi All, I have looked at all the comments and thanks very much. what realquo said about; it looks like a Kimball "slowly changing dimension" type2, where you want to "retain the history". is exactly it. I decided that I will create/add a cost centre dimension to the cube and put in place some procedure to verify if a person is assigned to multiple cost during a year that the months in that year does not overlap. Maybe later I can create a dashboard to highlight these things. Thanks again for all…

Conditionally sum data

chayden - - Rules

I have had that thought but the root problem I am having is that my company has have being doing a lot of restructuring in the past couple of years. This has resulted in persons being reassigned to other cost centres during the year. The structure you propose still leaves a Person being inadvertently assigned to multiple Cost Centre. I am talking about a company with >100 cost centres, > 2000 staff plus the cost centre structure with about 4-5 levels.

Conditionally sum data

chayden - - Rules

Hi All, I am trying to use a rule to conditionally sum data Eg. I may have cube layout as below Two Dimensions Employees Person1 Person2 Person3 Person4 Employee Data Cost Centre No. Basic Pay Overtime Total Pay for Cost Centre Total Overtime for Cost Centre What I would like is to create a rule that would calculate the Total Pay for Cost Centre eg. if Person1 and Person3 belongs to the same cost centre, then Total Pay for Cost Centre element should show me the total of the Basic Pay of Person1 …

How to achieve grouping

chayden - - General

Hi All, How do I replicate the grouping feature that exist in Excel in WSS3. Also, is there any documentation on how to use the macro editor in WSS3. Further info. Apart of the standard demos is a outline demo (jedox.com/en/Demos/Online-Demos/standard-demos.html) with include excel grouping of rows. when I download the outline.xls file, convert it to .xlsx file (using excel2007) and then import it into WSS3 the grouping are functionality is lost. Can anyone explain. Thanks.

Hi All, Have you guys have any success with this. I stuck here also. What I do notice is if excel is set to manual calculation the formula is not overwritten on first change but subsequent changes will overwrite. Also after each change in selection from the drop down, if you select another cell and go back to the cell with drop down and change the selection it will not overwrite.

Load order for XLL

chayden - - General

Hi, I am using a Visual Basic Script to open (with the exec command) my excel file but it appears that the palo XLL is loaded/run after the macro I have in the file. Is there a way to control the order. I know this is an excel guru question but I am trying here first.

RE: COUNTIF in rules

chayden - - Rules

Thanks Pommie. That will work for me

COUNTIF in rules

chayden - - Rules

Hi All, How do I replicate the COUNTIF in rules. eg count number of elements in a cube with value over 100.

RE: Palo 2.5 on W2000 Officce2000

chayden - - General

Yes, it does. I am currently testing it. I just need to improve the performance.

I know about the paste view, that is not it. What I want is a formula I can use to return the element name given a attribute name.

Hi, Can anyone look back at this and tell me how to. I am stuck here also.

How do get the source code for the excel plugin and what program I can use to dissect it.

Hi h_decker, I have noticed that and wanted to know how to replicate it in openoffice. I have downloaded the netbeans and the openoffice plugin to develop functions but has not being successfully in replicating. By the way I am a novice programmer.

Hi, I have moved away from excel and going to openoffice. How do I replicate the PALO.REGISTER function in openoffice. Currently I am trying to built an addin but not successful.

Scotty, I have the same question, but I think you talking to the abyss.

Cache size after shrinking

chayden - - General

Thanks for the fast response. I set the cache size to double(cache-size 200000000) the default. I think my machine is now upset with me. It is taking longer. After setting the new size and restarting the service, then open back the file the shrinking running for 20 minutes and counting.

Cache size after shrinking

chayden - - General

Hi All, What does "cache size after shrinking" means. I have a paste view and each time I refresh, excel hangs for about ten minutes and the paloserver.log says "cache size = ..." and "cache size after shrinking = ...". What is the cause of the problem and its solution. I am using Palo 2.5.

Assistance in convert macro to rule

chayden - - Rules

Hi, I have been beating my head against the wall trying to convert the macro/function (DistrMth) attached to the following excel file to a rule. The function gives the percentage spread for the value (in column I) for the year to the respective months based on the frequency (in column H) and first month of distribution (in column J). I have the following dimensions(elements below) Activity- list of various activity Measure- - Quantity - Rate - Frequency - Value - 1st Month - Monthly Distribution…