Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Calculation of Palo

csf111 - - General

...could it be that Palo accepts the input and then has to reset the formula for the next input? CSF

Calculation of Palo

csf111 - - General

Thank you. That helps a lot. Regards, CSF

Calculation of Palo

csf111 - - General

...while I don't have any insight, I'd be curious if Development can provide some guidance on this. Using Excel 2007 on Vista it seems to calculate THREE times CSF

Thanks Hugo for your insights. By LAN and WAN times, I am (trying) to separate the times associated with a server 3 feet away from me (LAN) and those associated with an ISP hosted server (WAN) To your point, often HTTP is "faster" 3 feet away then it is "up in the sky" I find the local and distant (LAN/WAN) times to be almost similar. This is disconcerting, and I am beginning to think that (perhaps) Palo doesn't handle HTTP transport all that well. (I think) my data size is pretty trivial, and f…

Well, not necessarily to open the view in Excel, rather to see the numbers "update". Not (currently) using Java, so no I haven't looked at anything other then the VBA we are currently rolling. What's curious to me though, is that LAN and WAN times are very similar. Thought there might be some tweaks there, rather then to rewrite the application.

Continue to make progress with my Linux server deployment. Thanks for all the tips and assistance. However, I have experienced some interesting behavior, regarding net access. Essentially, we have 11 dimensions, in 8 cubes (several are 'data' cubes not for aggregation) We aggregate up to 5 levels (year, month, week, property, data type, metric) We have approx 250 elements that are active and 2 dimensions with 100 attributes Running this model with a local host setup (BOTH host and client on the …

Palo 2.0 Server "In The Sky"

csf111 - - Palo OLAP Server

Hi Tom, Thanks for your reply (and hint) I am now able to connect. Curious as to your opinion of performance with EC2. Our server has 3 Gb of Ram (2.0 available) and I'm seeing calc times of 2 mins. Knowing that the EC2 is approximately a 1.2 Ghz processor with 1.5 Gbyte RAM, are you clustering, or coupling? Regards, CSF

Palo 2.0 Server "In the Sky"

csf111 - - Palo OLAP Server

Dear All, I have really been struggling to get the server to communicate beyond the firewall. Have a small server with an ISP (Fedora Core 4) Have defined in palo.ini 7777 for http, 7779 for admin Have opened 7777 and 7779 (for TCP) in iptables I can define, and connect to, this server via the Server Management function in the Palo Wizard. I can use the Paste View function to access the (Demo) database, and can paste data. Can get to the admin interface, and browse server, no problem BUT I CAN'T…

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for the reply. ...hmm, you're probably right. I chmod'ed when I migrated to Linux. Should I have chown'ed as well? Regards, CSF

Local vs Server Databases visibility

csf111 - - General

Hello, Haven't found anything similar to this. We have been "developing" under Windows. Now as we start to think Deployment, our server has been moved to Linux. Using the Palo Add In, and NO local server I can easily connect (with the Palo Wizard, XP, Excel 2003) to the Linux server, create and delete databases. HOWEVER, I can NOT see the "Windows" databases that were created under the local host server. (They were copied over into the Palo DATA directory on the Linux Server) Yes, they are refer…