Search Results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

Hi, - the other forum thread didn't help a lot. I tried to deactivate the addin, but it didn't work. But I saw that there are 2 addins ("Palo Add-in for Excel" and "Palo integration for Excel 2007"). The second one isn't active. when I click on it I see a status message like (not loaded - there was a runtime error when loading the com-addin). deactivating or deleting one of them doesnt work either. - yes, I installed for all users with admin rights - yes, I ran Excel with admin rights - yes, I c…

Hi, I just installed Palo 3.2 CE on Win7 (64bit) with Office 2010 (32bit) and the installation worked fine so far. I can access ETL Manager and create dimensions and cubes and so on. Now, when I start the Excel AddIn, the small window with the responsible people of the Jedox team shows up. I click OK and it pops up again. I just point that out in case it might give somebody a hint on what's wrong. Then I try to add a connection to the server. I go to Add-Ins / Palo / Modeller and start the wizar…

Unable to start Palo Service

c.herzog - - General

Hi Jimmy, The PaloSuiteCoreService doesn't start because it needs the PaloSuiteMolapService to run. I think that you maybe made a typing mistake in the password when defining the logon settings for the service. Maybe it also helps if you do not just type in "administrator" into the user name box but select it using the browse button or define the machine from which the administrator account should be used (local administartor of current machine vs. domain admin). To do that use a syntax like <<l…

Profit&Loss Statement

c.herzog - - Palo ETL

Hi, first let's have a look at the missing elements in the dimension. It really seems that there are some elements (accounts) missing in your dimension. For that I would suggest to do the following: - Extract all accounts from the file/datasource you want to import the data/measures/figures from. - Join them with an extract from the account dimension and filter this transformation to get only those accounts which are not already in the account dimension - Create then all the missing accounts. If…

Enable drill down on subsets

c.herzog - - Wish List

Hi there, is it really enough to post something here in the wishlist or should we also make entries in the bug tracker using the severity "feature"? Does somebody know? Kind regards, Christian

Qlikview visit PALO OLAP server

c.herzog - - Palo Web

Hi, I wouldn't access the csv-files in the database folder. It's just like accessing the mdf files of a sql-server database directly. That could result in serious troubles (e. g. when the Palo server tries to write data to the hard disk into exactly those csv-files (just guessing, never tried it)) But what you can do is use the odbo/xmla 3rd-party-connector for that (if qlikview can connect to odbo/xmla). Please also consider the following: - ODBO/XMLA connection is an AddOn which you have to bu…

Unable to start Palo Service

c.herzog - - General

Hi Jimmy, just logging on using the administrator account doesn't mean that the services is running using that account. Maybe the following actions will help you to get rid of this problem. 1. go to the windows service manager - log in using the admin account (not really necessary but doesn't hurt either) - press windows + r on your keyboard. a window to run a programm will appear. - type services.msc and press enter 2. look for the palo service ("Palo Molap Service" or something like that) and …

remote pivot connection on CE

c.herzog - - General

Hi, afaik it should work. I just tested it in our environment and everything worked fine. Maybe the following documentation (I know it's for the PE, but it works exactly the same on CE) helps. jedox.com/de/download/handbuch…re-handbuch-download.html You need to make the necessary configuration changes and then please don't forget to restart the "Palo MDX Interpreter" service (or start it at all). I had some troubles when trying to connect to Palo because the port (4242) was blocked on the server…

Change The Sorting Of Palo ?!

c.herzog - - Palo for Excel

Hi, subsets would also offer you the possibility to create an order based on specific conditions (an attribute for example which you could use to define the "default order") in a dimension. Kind regards, Christian

Durchschnittswerte in Quartalen

c.herzog - - Palo for Excel

Hi Roger, I like the approach of axi due to the better performance you should have with that. But please consider the following facts for your decision on how to implement the desired features as well: - If you work with weights for the consolidation and do not have data for all 3 months of the quarter yet, it may show distorted results. The same applies if you use the rule-approach and do always divide by 3 instead of the number of children for which you have already inserted data. - When showi…

Licensing and MIS ...oh my gosh - that reminds me of things I still get a headache from just when thinking about it for a single second. do they still use that sentinel licensing server? ... if yes, ... no, don't think about it. I can already feel the headache come back.

Memory consumption

c.herzog - - Palo OLAP Server

Unfortunately I have the same behaviour on 32 and 64 bit systems. As soon as there is more than one measure per row in the text file, the size of the Palo db increases dramatically. But that only seems to happen in Palo. If I create the same cube in TM1, the size of the DB is about 200 MB. But thanks for the idea Robert.

SR vw. Build

c.herzog - - General

Thanks a lot! Is there anything for older (3.1) versions of Palo? Kind regards, Christian

SR vw. Build

c.herzog - - General

Hi everybody, is there a document where the service releases are mapped against build numbers? What I'd like to find out is the service release based on a build number and vice versa. When I look at the login-screen I just see the build number (e. g. Release: 3.2.0.4235). Now I want to find out which SR it is (1 or 2 or none at all). That's why I ask. Kind regards, Christian

I can reproduce the behaviour with the community edition. In 3.2 SR2 everything works fine. To me it seems that the "\" in the date format causes the trouble. Sorry not to be able to provide any better news. Kind regards, Christian

Hi, I just copied the first rule you posted into my demo db and everything seems to work fine. btw: If you do not show the data for all years but just for the current year, then you should think about renaming the element as well, otherwise it would be missleading If you can provide a copy of the db, I can run it on my machine just to find out if the problem is to be found in the environment and not the db itself. Kind regards, Christian

Setdata

c.herzog - - OpenOffice Calc Add-In

Hello Christa, could you maybe provide a copy of the excel sheet or something that we can have a look at? i think that would speed up everything a lot. kind regards, Christian

Hi marc, I haven't tried this yet and I'm not sure if I understood everything correctly, but my approach would be something like this: ['Percentage'] = ['FTE'] / PALO.DATA("DB", "Cube", PALO.EPARENT("DB", "Dimension", !'Dimension', 1), 'FTE'); This would of course only work if you only have one parent for those elements. Otherwise you would have to add something to consider more than one parent as well. Hope that helps or gives at least some ideas. Kind regerads, Christian

Memory consumption

c.herzog - - Palo OLAP Server

Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a customer moder where I have to import a text file and would like to clarify something. The cube I created doesn't use any rules/markers but is very sparse. The data for the cube is being taken from a text/csv-file with a size of about 230 MB. I do not even import all "columns" of that file so I assume that I could even shrink it to around 200 MB. Bevore importing the data the memory consumption (with all dimensions) of palo.exe is about 23 MB. After import…