Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

EISCHILD for multiple levels

Chrivs - - Palo for Excel

Hi Laloune, Instead of DESCENDANTS i use ANCESTORS as i want to know if Bremen is in Germanys but this is only a question of design Thanks for the help! Christian

EISCHILD for multiple levels

Hi all, i have a problem with EISCHILD function. I need to check if a given element is part of a group. EISCHILD checks only one level back but the parent can be two or three levels up. e.g. Germany - Northern Germany -- Bremen -- Hamburg EISCHILD is true for Is Bremen part of Northern Germany (lvl 1) EISCHILD is false for Is Bremen part of Germany (lvl 2) Is there any other posibility to get the result needed? Thanks in advance Christian

calculate turnover

Chrivs - - Rules

Hello all, i have the following problem with a rule based calculation: I have one cube with projects, members, year and month, stored data is hour, eg project a - member a 10h - member b 5 h - member c 7 h project b - member a 0h - member b 25h - member c 8h In a second cube i store members, year, month (month not needed atm...) so i choose _month (element) as placeholder in month (dimension) member a 50 Euro/h member b 60 Euro/h member c 55 Euro/h Now i´d like to calculate the turnover at the 1…

Text Reports with autofit Row Height

Chrivs - - Palo Web

I supose you are using dynaranges (5.0SR1)?!? With a single (left) click at a dynarange you get a small "properties" icon - right click and you get a few options e.g. autofit row height Hope this helps! Christian

Subset: combine Element and Attribut

Chrivs - - Palo Web

Hi Madeleine, what we did is a second attribute which contains both, element name and the description. Hope this idea helps. Christian

Send Excel File to non PALO User

As Peter said it will Quote: “ replaces all formulars with it's values ”so no more SUM or whatever. The only way imho is a macro which replace "palo only" formulas. Something im looking for too Christian

Defining connection types

Chrivs - - General

Did you take a look at the ETL (manual)? First step creating a new ETL project is configuring a connection to... a file, odbc, oracle and so on. Hope i could help Christian

Combobox showing Attributes

Chrivs - - Palo Web

Hmmm maybe you re using ce edition (palo) which is "a little bit behind" Jedox Suite?!?

Chrivs - - Palo Web

Ok... Try to do a right click at the dynarange (with your ids) and choose properties. At the following pop-up there should be a checkbox "show alias" check it and you should be done (i hope)

Chrivs - - Palo Web

You did the combox via Subseteditor? At the first page (tab) of the subseteditor you have to choose "1. Alias" which is meant to be your attribute(s) for the dimension

Save / Load Checkbox

Chrivs - - Palo Web

I think SETDATA and SETDATAIF doesnt work. Lets say you check the box so the value will be true - true is written via setdata to db. Next time you open the report you have to get the value true from db to show its checked by palo.data but there is only a setdata function. Could you please show me how to do it with setdata (write) and data (get) so always the correct value is stored/shown? Maybe i see the Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht

Save / Load Checkbox

Chrivs - - Palo Web

Hello, id like to create a report which contains a few checkboxes. The "data" if the checkbox is checked or not is stored as an attribute. Now i couldnt find an easy way to achiev this - i have no idea how to save or load the data (true/false)... Any ideas? TIA Christian

If i remember correct (think i read it somewhere in the "whats new 3.3" pdf), on a single core system performance is that good. Try to add a core to your server to increase performance

Any Search Formula available?

Ill stick to your example. Your two dimensions are Companies and Company_data. The elements of Companies are Company1, Company2, Company3... The elements of Company_data are employees, So your cube contains these two dimensions - data is entered. Now you can create a subset which shows you all companies with more than 100 employees. By using "variables / names" you can very effiecently search / filter your data. Lets say you name A1 as min_employees In the data-tab of the subset editor you ceck …

Any Search Formula available?

Hi Jan. What you are looking for is done by a subset. Take a look at the manual (Excel fortgeschrittene Themen) - 7.2 Subset Editor - This might get you the idea how to filter your data. Gruß Christian

Cond. Formatting with 2 cond.

Chrivs - - Palo Web

DAU at work... found the solution myself its =UND(A1=1;B1="test")

Cond. Formatting with 2 cond.

Chrivs - - Palo Web

Hello, im trying to do cond. formatting with 2 conditions. e.g. A1=1 and B1="test" fill green each (single) condition works as expected but (A1=1)+(B1="test") screws formatting. Any suggestions what im doing wrong? Thanks in advance Chrisvs