Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 40.

Does anyone know whether or not it is possible to control zero supression in a report/workbook by macro code?

Accessing custom settings from Groovy

OMartin - - Palo ETL

Hi there, does anyone know a way to read keys in "System Manager -> Settings" (i.e. the smtp stuff) from either web macro PHP or ETL Groovy jobs? From a web report it can be accessed with CONFIG.GET(), but i need it from code. thanks in advance OMartin

A newbie with a question on backup

OMartin - - General

Hi Ash, maybe this is what you´ve already found in the admin manual, but anyways you can find a backup batch file from Jedox here: knowledgebase.jedox.com/knowle…p-jedox-data-batch-files/ You have to provide a scheduling by yourself, which is quite easy on Linux (cron) and not so easy with Windows. I can´t think of a reason to have another Jedox installation for backup purposes?! cheers OMartin

Deleting a whole column by macro code

OMartin - - Palo Web

Hi there, when iterating over a large range in order to delete the values (->value = ''), Jedox takes ages to get it done. Even if it´s done manually, it takes very long. If i just mark and delete whole columns, the process is much faster, so i try to do the same via macro code. However the "Column"-Object has no delete method. Does anybody know a way how to do that? tia OMartin

set Data validation by macro code

OMartin - - Palo Web

Hi all, does anyone know of a way to assign Data validation rules to a range by macro code? I tried to just transfer the format of a range to another, but obviuosly data validation is not part of a range´s format. Any hint is welcome regards OMartin

Get the size of a Dynarange

OMartin - - Palo Web

it could get big enough to better avoid another roundtrip just in order to get it´s size. Anyways, i decided to do without a dynarange since it has no relational write back function anyways.

How to refer to a cell in R1C1 style

OMartin - - Palo Web

Thanks Laloune, works fine. But despite of my initial dislike of setting up an array, now i start to wonder, if an array would be more recommendable if it comes to very high numbers of cells to be referred to. Let´s say i want to iterate over a couple thousand cells, would you expect accessing an array to be significantly faster than your loop? cheers OMartin

OMartin - - Palo Web

thanks Laloune, unfortunately the data source for the dynarange is relational ODBC

OMartin - - Palo Web

Hi Laloune, actually i need it the other way round, that is getting the letter from the number. But anyways, it´s a good point to start from. thanks a lot OMartin

OMartin - - Palo Web

Hi all, in order to write data from an odbc_exec into the spreadsheet, i want to iterate a cell range with a nested loop. The question i came across is, how can i refer to a single cell in an VBA-like style to refer to something like PHP Source Code (1 line) I really don´t want to have a mapping array in order to map the letters from A - ZZ to numbers and then glue them together to a A1-style reference. Does anybody know of a way to do it? thanks & regards OMartin

Get cell value within a DynaRange

OMartin - - Palo Web

Hi all, another Dynarange question: When i try to refer to any single cell within a dynarange the returned value is the string "ARRAY". How can i get the real value instead? thanks & regards OMartin

OMartin - - Palo Web

Hi all, does somebody know, how to determine the number of rows (and columns) of a dynarange? I tried to use the count function that works on arrays, but it only returns 1 ?! your help is appreciated OMartin

Hi all, i remember a statement, that in a future version a macro interface will be established in order to have more control over web objects like charts and combo boxes. Browsing the What´s new docs of the recent versions didn´t give me any hint though, whether this has been done already. So, does anyone know if it´s possible to control behaviour and attributes of, let´s say a column chart, via macro code now? In my special case i want to switch on or off the active data series per code, like i…

Donut Chart not working as expected

OMartin - - Palo Web

To whom it may concern: One must not list the values in Excel-style. Instead they have to look like this: A A1 125 A2 50 A3 25 B B1 200 B2 200

To whom it may concern: has been identified as a bug by Jedox support

Perfect, thanks a lot. I was already close to it but missed the [SELF]. May i ask you where you have this information from? Is there any more comprehensive API documentation than the one that Jedox offers? cheers OMartin

Hi all, i´d like to set up some navigation through the various sheets in my wss, but instead of using simple hyperlinks i want to use buttons. I already know how to do an hyperlink to an external worksheet in another workbook, something like this: PHP Source Code (1 line) But how do i refer to another sheet in the same workbook? Hope somebody did this before. Thanks in advance

Hi there, i´m using the spreadfunction VLOOKUP in a PHP function that in return is used as user-defined spreadsheet function. The problem is, that it returns 0. The original spreadsheet function, with all the same parameters, returns the expected result though. Here´s the code: PHP Source Code (2 lines) Result is 0 although the lookup range contains a corresponding value. Could this be a datatype problem between php and spreadsheet values? The core.log shows no macro_engine errors. Any suggestio…

Donut Chart not working as expected

OMartin - - Palo Web

Hi all, i´m trying to use a donut chart with categories and since there is no documentation how to use it, i just tried it the way it is done in Excel, which doesn´t seem to work though The first level is displayed correctly but the second is screwed somehow, instead of showing the various data series it displays only a solid full circle. You can see the setup and the result in the attached image. regards OMartin

Hi there, i know that a database connection can be set up from within a conventional groovy script by specifying a new sql instance, like this: Sql.newInstance("jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb","user", "pswd", "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver") But is it also possible to use a Jedox db connection that has been defined and established as a connection in the ETL interface? thanks for your support