Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Quickbooks connectivity

jmetcoff - - General

Hello. After all this time, is there still any interest in getting data from QuickBooks to Jedox?

copy file in etl-process

jmetcoff - - Palo ETL

You can run shell commands with groovy: [string].execute() groovy-lang.org/groovy-dev-kit.html#process-management

I recently needed a demonstration project to show how a pure HTML5 web application can access Jedox databases. If anyone else is interested, I released it under an open source license and posted here: github.com/jmetcoff/apalojs

This post could help: Calling client JavaScript from server PHP, display Message Box with Answer

Will Open Source survive?

jmetcoff - - General

Are many Jedox users using Colibri? It looks like an excellent product to me. I have been modifying the 3.2 Excel add-on to work with the Palo 5.x open source and will test with Colibri also. I'll post it to github as soon as I have it working.

I have noticed that emails sent this way don't have a date/time sent set on them. I looked into the old (5.0) source code for the mailutil class and sure enough, it doesn't set a date. I'd rather use mailutil instead of direct calls to the java libraries. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

encoding method of the passwords?

jmetcoff - - General

Greetings. I couldn't get this to work with ETL connection passwords. After some research, I found that I could use a small JAVA application for those: import org.jasypt.util.text.BasicTextEncryptor; public class pwdec { public static void main(String[] args) { try { String password = args[0]; BasicTextEncryptor crypt = new BasicTextEncryptor(); crypt.setPassword("proclos"); password = crypt.decrypt(password); System.out.println(password); } catch (Exception e) { e.printStackTrace(); } } }

I have for a long time wanted to be able to display a message box from a macro and accept input from the user at the same time. I know that a Widget can be used but there are times when I want the macro to drive the process without a new UI element. One case is a simple Yes/No message prompt. I have finally found a way to do this. It involves non-standard Jedox code and probably won't be an "approved" way. Maybe in the future the Jedox development team will come up with a standard approach. In t…

Closing report with macro

jmetcoff - - Palo Web

Hi Amit, Try return array(array('actn','closeWindow')); Regards, Jerry Metcoff York Group BI, LLC

Solution for setting style

jmetcoff - - Palo Web

I know its 2 years late, but I just ran into the same problem and found the solution. The value isn't a PHP array. Its just a string, e.g. "color:#FFFF00". Jerry Metcoff York Group BI, LLC

HIDECOLUMN and Form Elements

jmetcoff - - Palo Web

Hello, I am using HIDECOLUMN to show/hide columns on a web form. If I have form elements (e.g. buttons) to the right of those columns, the position of the form elements shift and in many cases are no longer visible. Is there any way to correct this behavior? I am using HYPERLINK to display checkboxes in some cases for this reason and may just switch to HYPERLINK everywhere, but I would prefer buttons. This behavior makes the use of form elements impractical since I use HIDE ROW/COLUMN extensivel…