Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 64.

Hello OhMyGod, there is no way to have user rights for attributes, sorry to disappoint you. But this is sure a good proposal for the Palo wishlist, I will include it there. Best Regards Holger Barczaitis Jedox AG

Nic in that case you need one PALO.SETDATA formula for each numeric column in the table which you are about to import. No probem to have as many SETDATA formulas per sheet as you need. Looks like we should try and improve on this #VALUE! problem. Would you mind sending your (empty) database and at least a few import records together with your import sheet to support@palo.net? Thank you Holger Palo Team

RE: New build

holger - - General

Yes I admit that... Just a few more days to go, TP II is undergoing the last preliminary tests. Keep the spirits up! Holger Palo QA

RE: Tm1

holger - - General

Brian you will find answers to your questions in this thread: forum.palo.net/thread.php?threadid=92 Hope this helps Holger

RE: Relationship with MISAG ALEA

holger - - General

Here are some FAQs and answers re ALEA/TM1 <-> Palo: --- To what extent does Palo resemble Alea and TM1? People who know ALEA or TM1 will be able to work with Palo right away. Palo currently offers only 80% of the features of ALEA and TM1, but it has a very simple user interface. It is our intention to open the MOLAP technology to a much wider user base by providing a simple-to-use user interface. --- "What features of those products does it include?" Palo does not support Hypercube Rules at the…

New build

holger - - General

Hi all, Palo TP II is running through some final tests, just a few more days to go! Regards Holger Jedox QA

We will not offer a Python interface ourselves, but since Python is written in C, someone could write an interface using the C API which is available on request. Regards Holger Palo QA

Let us think about your question, Kel. I will come back these days. Holger

RE: Data Import Argument problem !

holger - - Palo for Excel

Franck, try and add another, numeric field which references to the original numeric field and make the SETDATA formula refer to that one instead, that should work! Regards Holger Palo QA

RE: New build

holger - - General

We plan to issue Technical Preview II by the end of this month, please see the notice on the Palo website. Regards Holger

Dimitry, sorry we have no clue what really happened in your case. Would you mind sending your data (the import file & Excel sheet to support@palo.net? We would like to dig into this. And we would of course appreciate if you could actually translate the screen texts into Russian! If so, please let us know your email address, we will then prepare the language resource file and send it to you. Cheers Holger Palo QA

Franck, the access parameters are defined in jedox\palo\data\*.xml. Hope this helps Holger Palo QA

RE: Relationship to TM1

holger - - General

Hi Joerk, yes we plan to have rules as well, you will find details on our plans in the roadmap: palo.net/index.php?show=6 And no, there is no relationship between the TM1 and Palo team. Regards Holger Jedox QA

RE: max elements in a dimension

holger - - General

Thank you for reporting this. In Technical Preview II, the architecture will be improved under this aspect so the problem will be solved. Regards Holger

RE: ODBC Import does not work

Nicolas this is a known issue which will be solved in the next version: Please make sure there is a system DSN (which you probably created for this case), and at least one user DSN. The latter need not correspond to the system dsn which you require for this import, a dummy will do. Let me know in case the problem persists! Holger Jedox QA

RE: max elements in a dimension

holger - - General

Bear in mind that any modifications to the cubes are not written back to the database immediately, initially they are only in the RAM. Changes are journalised in the log, and after the next restart of the database they will actually be written to the database. Allow Palo some time to do all that and have a mug of coffee ;), then try again. If the problem persists, let me know! Holger Jedox QA

RE: Import via vba-command

Try this: paloret_1 = Application.Run("PALO.ENABLE_LOOP", True) paloret_2 = Application.Run("PALO.EADD", ServerDatabase, Dimension, "N", Element, Parent, Factor, False) paloret_3 = Application.Run("PALO.ENABLE_LOOP", False) PALO.EADD will execute only when this flag is set. We did it that way because we want to avoid the procedure to execute during every refresh in case the function is simply contained in a worksheet cell. Hope this helps! Holger

RE: facttables + dimensions + keys

Marco this sounds like ROLAP, where Palo thinks MOLAP. The way how your master data are organized fits perfectly for a relational database. One could possibly think of imitating this in a MOLAP database, but I believe it is more suitable to include all the necessary fields in your data export. Regards Holger

RE: setdata-function

holger - - General

Hi again, how do you do that in detail? I would suggest to do it for example like this: =IF(<condition>;PALO.SETDATA(1234;FALSE;"localhost/Demo";"Sales";corrdinate1;coordinate2;...);"") If you like, send me an example, I will try to find out what the problem is. Regards Holger Jedox QA

RE: palo.datac; data; datav

holger - - General

Hi Rom, The difference between PALO.DATA and DATAC: DATAC collects all the formulas in a workbook and executes them in one go, where PALO.DATA executes them one after the other the way Excel does (randomly more or less). The latter may mean many database accesses and thus a somewhat slower performance but you will need to use PALO.DATA if you have Palo formulas which involve values that are retrieved by another Palo formula. So if you need a simple list for example, we recommend to use PALO.DATA…