Dimension "from" ... "to"

Dimension "from" ... "to"

Hi,

I'd like to offer the following user interface:
    • two comboboxes, one specifying a "from" date (say "June 2010"), the other specifying the "to" date (say, "Aug 2011")
    • a table having the months "from" .. "to" as column range, automatically updated whenever "from" or "to" is changed.
    Is this possible? If so, how? It seems to me that filtering with respect to variables (assuming that I saved "from" and "to" in variables) is not supported. Are there any other options?

Cheers
    Tuomo

Filter by Time & Range (from - to)

is that problem with the newer Version now possible or is there another solution to get a timerange?

for example i have a dynarange in my report and want a preselection of date "Timefilter" (From 01.05.2011 - To 15.07.2012)

i checked the manuals, but found nothing about

thx for find a possible way

best regards
    Marcus
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
    Marcus
    Hi, I had a similar problem and solved it, but not very elegant. But: My solution concerns a palo.data-Rule, not a subset filtering like your problem. I would think you will find a better solution on the subset editors Data-part (using >= or <= combined with a variable you could fill via combobox.

Here the post of the solution for the palo.data: jedox.com/community/palo-forum…4280&highlight=#post14280

Best regards,
    Stefan

ethssn wrote:

I would think you will find a better solution on the subset editors Data-part (using >= or <= combined with a variable you could fill via combobox.
    That was, i tried the hole morning, but every try with report preview ...
    1. i wait more than 7 minutes to view something in the report and after or within that
    2. the server had an error and we have to restart the hole server

What i´ve did:
    1. i made two Comboboxes on a empty Excelsheet, where you can choose the Date from - to (only availaible Dates in the Cube/Dimension)
    2. i took a dynarange in the excelsheet and select the subset, (Database/Dimension)-> "Test/date" sort them by basicelements and
    3. on tab "Data" i select the two Variables in "Kriterium" - "from_Date >=date" & "to_Date<=date" and hope, that´s all, but nothing works :cursing:

For my understanding is this possible to do with subsets, but can´t imagine why it don´t work. Dateformat is the same like in the Comboboxes.

Want to have a clear solution and no work-around. Have anybody another solution or path to success?

Thx a lot
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
    Marcus

Post was edited 1 time, last by “MarcusL” ().

Try this
    1. palo.eindex give you num1 of element (combobox From value). Palo.eindex put in currrent sheet cell
    2. palo.eindex give you num2 of element (combobox To value). Palo.eindex put in currrent sheet cell
    3. Create cube (Vector) with 1 dimension (date) and 1 rule. Let something like Value1=palo.eindex...
    So, result of cube cell is position element date in dimesion.
    4. Dynarange based on subset on cube Vector. condition value1>num1 and value1<num2.