Attributes in business rules

Attributes in business rules

Hi,

does anybody have a working example of using attribute values in a business rule. The scenario is the following, I have an accounts -dimension with P&L and Balance accounts and I need to calculate roll-ups differently depending on the type of account used. This means that I have an attribute called account_code, which details the type of account used (eg. "p" for P&L and "b" for Balance) and I need to leverage this in a business rule. There is a good working example of semi-additive behavior in this post jedox.com/community/palo-forum…ht=semi-additive#post6714 .

If you have any working example of a syntax where you use attributes in business (enterprise) rules, then I would greatly appreciate it if you could post it here. Or, if you know of another post detailing the same problem please refer me to that thread.

Regards,
    Henrik
    Hi,

well I do not know whether I understood your problem well, but using an IF-statement it may do the trick:

Source Code

1. ['calculated']=IF(
    2. PALO.DATA("database","#_accounts","account_code",!'accounts")=="b",
    3. calculation for balance accounts,
    4. calculation for p&l accounts
    5. )

actually the syntax for using attr in business rules is really like for any other cube:

Source Code

1. PALO.DATA(database,cube,coordinates)

transposed in attr cube:

Source Code

1. PALO.DATA(database,#_dim,"attribute","element")
    laloune

Post hoc, non est propter hoc

Post was edited 1 time, last by “laloune” ().

Hello,

laloune wrote:

transposed in attr cube:

Code source
    PALO.DATA(database,#_dim,"attribute","element")

like laloune says, it is like every cube.
    Info: the attruibutes are not displayed in the rule-editor. You must type it manually.

Regards.
    Djordja Markovic

Interessant things:
    Internal derby:
    jedox.com/community/palo-forum…ad&postID=14338#post14338
    Calculate your cube size:
    jedox.com/community/palo-forum…ad&postID=14406#post14406
    ...thanks for these answers. The remaining issue I have is, on this setup, I have to enter a business rule for each balance account separately. This is due to the fact that the target area is "static". So, for instance, if I have a business rule that states:
    ['balance'] = C: IF(AND(PALO.ELEVEL("db", "time", !'time') > 0, PALO.DATA("db", "#_account", "acccode", !'account') == "B"), PALO.DATA("db", "cube", PALO.ECHILD("Tuotekehitys", "time", !'time', PALO.ECHILDCOUNT("db", "time", !'time')), !'account', !'msr'), STET())

Where the account is named balance and another rule for the next account let's say active:

['active'] = C: IF(AND(PALO.ELEVEL("db", "time", !'time') > 0, PALO.DATA("db", "#_account", "acccode", !'account') == "B"), PALO.DATA("db", "cube", PALO.ECHILD("Tuotekehitys", "time", !'time', PALO.ECHILDCOUNT("db", "time", !'time')), !'account', !'msr'), STET())

and so on...

I guess this is an issue with setting up a new dimension for account type, thus being able to create a more general rule, and skipping the attribute idea.

regards,
    henrik
    Isn't this the general rule?

Source Code

1. [] = C: IF(AND(PALO.ELEVEL("db", "time", !'time') > 0,
    2. PALO.DATA("db", "#_account", "acccode", !'account') == "B"),
    3. PALO.DATA("db", "cube", PALO.ECHILD("Tuotekehitys", "time", !'time',
    4. PALO.ECHILDCOUNT("db", "time", !'time')), !'account', !'msr'), STET())

for all accounts with accountcode = B. You only need to define the Else-case for accountcode<> B as laloune proposed.