Updating database with calculation performed on a separate workbook using a macro

Updating database with calculation performed on a separate workbook using a macro

Within my Palo Web file manager I have a bunch of different workbooks. All but one of them are custom designed workbooks, and our clients have access to some or all of them. One of them is the 'calculations' workbook, which takes inputs from the database, that have been modified by our clients on their own customized pages, re-calculates the values, and writes the outputs to the database using palo,setdata(). These output values can then be displayed on the clients workbooks.

My question is how to update the calculations in a different workbook using a macro. The clients would change some number, the client would hit the button "update forecast", the macro would find the calculations workbook, refresh the data and do the calculations, re-write the outputs to the database, and then the clients workbook would update with these new values.

I imagine it would look sort of like this,

workbooks('calculations')->calculate;

and I have tried all sort of combinations of syntax but nothing seems to do anything.

Thanks,

Michael