connection palo to external DBMS

i tried to install it again ..
    now i got palo modeller inside excel but not in plao web .!!
    but i can build database inside excel to remote server i guess ?

the problem is after i learn how to upload my db to palo and after i master it i need to install the linux version to my live server and there will be no excel ..
    but may be i can use and external machine that got excel install and create database to remote server .

i will try again to get modeller tab inside palo web but for now i just got it inside excel and i will create the database there and try to use it in palo web .

thanks for all of u guys and special thanks for noel .
    Yes, it can be accomplished,
    With Excel you can connect to the remote palo server ( which is installed on linux m/c) and use modeler to create cubes etc.
    and then you can consume these cubes on palo web.

If you want to work directly on your linux, you can even install openoffice and use it with palo ( but only 32 bit version is currently supported for Palo 3.2 CE open office addin). - I havn't tried Open office on linux and cannot confirm.

Best regards,
    Noel.
    For a client I installed the community Palo server 3.2 on a 64bit-Debian Squeeze together with a standalone ETL server 3.1.

I do not like the community suite 3.2 since the web frontend is much too buggy in my view.

All on a virtual server for less than 10 EUR per month :)
    BI on the least money you can get. For more than 10 or 20 users one might have to add more CPU power.

The client is very happy.

He does the modeling from Excel 2007 (2010 is fine here) with the 3.2 community addin. You can not use later addins to access the community server!

I tried the OpenOffice addin 2.03 with LibreOffice 3.5.4.2 on Debian Testing: Works fine, modeling is possible.
    The addin "feels" and looks a bit different than the Excel counterpart.
    hi noel , i create the palo db and connection and import the data into it and design cube and created a view ,, now i go to palo olap i to create analytical report as i used to do with demo .. but i cant find my view under a local host connection which is the connection that i used to create the palo db over ...

in some how i cant find it in the drop down box , can u confirm that i can use palo excel modeller to create the palo database and the cube and every thing after i finish can i use this database in palo olap community edition or just in the olap excel add in it self ?
    Its really funny, if you have successfully created a database and cube using excel modeler, but on the web its not showing the new database.
    Where did the cube go ?
    Check your connection settings to Palo database in modeler compare with that of the web.
    You can also go in the server to palo_home/Palo Suite/palo/data folder and verify if any folder exists by the name of database you have created.
    I bet you are accessing different palo molap servers.

Best regards,
    Noel.
    i use local host bro in all my connection for now .

community edition that there is no modeller and that sucks but its ok because we create the db only once ,, but if u can't use it in analyze report and just only in spreadsheet no use of it because its more like im using excel not palo (what id im using linux)?????

any way if that is the case (i can't use the analyze report just the spreadsheet) it worthless to download the comunity edition because i can use google docs that use data from mysql database and u can add pivot table options and every thing .

no use of the community edition if i can't use the analysis report , no body need to install palo to use excel bro

i think palo should shut down their community edition ,, if any one use palo to finally use excel with more options and more complication in creation palo db and importing data i think we can call him dump and i said to get a live and use Google docs cuz all these features is exists without any complications :D

i think palo team should be straight forward in many things .. first note should be modeller is not exist in community edition u need to use palo inside excel to create palo db and u can just use the spread sheet and u can't use the analytical report .
    Server-client architecture, where your Palo Server is on Linux and you install Palo for Excel on your machine and connect to Palo Server which is on linux.

Alternate to that you can use Open-office as client on linux machine by installing Open-office palo addin.

Best regards,
    Noel.
    i use local host bro in all my connection for now .

community edition that there is no modeller and that sucks but its ok because we create the db only once ,, but if u can't use it in analyze report and just only in spreadsheet no use of it because its more like im using excel not palo (what id im using linux)?????

any way if that is the case (i can't use the analyze report just the spreadsheet) it worthless to download the comunity edition because i can use google docs that use data from mysql database and u can add pivot table options and every thing .

no use of the community edition if i can't use the analysis report , no body need to install palo to use excel bro

i think palo should shut down their community edition ,, if any one use palo to finally use excel with more options and more complication in creation palo db and importing data i think we can call him dump and i said to get a live and use Google docs cuz all these features is exists without any complications :D

i think palo team should be straight forward in many things .. first note should be modeller is not exist in community edition u need to use palo inside excel to create palo db and u can just use the spread sheet and u can't use the analytical report
    Well you can make the Palo CE work by creating models via excel modeler and use those cubes via wss.

But creating the model directly on web requires the Professional version,
    which is not expensive when comparing to other BI/CPM tools in the market.

Palo has a dedicated team who works totally focused on building this great product,
    They should be supported instead of being starved.

One could argue about Mondrian team pitching their free software speech but in reality
    they too have differences between community & enterprise edition products.

CPM by itself has a smaller market comparing to general application, they cannot run
    posters here and then like Wikipedia asking for donations to support their free software foundation.

For me Palo CE is a feel about how Palo OLAP works before customers opting for a professional software.

A small business can still run on Palo CE fulfilling their basic Planning & reporting needs.

Only very major difference is that Palo CE doesn't support multi threaded processing.

Palo & Jedox are good products with open architecture to some degree, what makes them great
    is - they are light, fast and highly customizable like working in a RAD tool for BI/CPM.

Best regards,
    Noel.
    i agree with most of what u said before ,
    the rest of it i can't but agree because you have more experience than me in this filed and of course you know your product and palo team :)

also i know its a great product because i tried Mondrian and other products and i choose palo out of them after i tried them .
    may be it was a lill different than what i understood when red palo community documentation ,

thanks alot for your help all the way :)