Version transfer

Version transfer

Hi all,

I've got quite an easy question. In Jedox Palo, how can I manage multiple versions of my data, when it comes to transferring data from one version to another? For instance, I have a "scenario" dimension that contains elements "simulation 1", "simulation 2", ...

In simulation 1, I have a whole dataset. What's the best practice to "copy" (transfer) everything that's under "simulation 1" to "simulation 2" ? For those who have worked with Cognos TM1, I'm wondering whether it's possible in Jedox to write a TurboIntegrator process, or anything that's somewhat similar.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Rgds,
    Jerome
    HI,
    the "Copy" command from excel can be used to copy a region of the cube on another region (with same dimensionality), and it's particularly useful to manage scenarios.

Let's suppose that, aside the other dimensions (Customer, Product, Time, etc) you have a Scenario dimension, in which an "Actual" element is present (containing the actual values) and that you want to simulate a Scenario starting from the Actual obviously without touching data in the latter. So you can create a "Scenario 1" in the Scenario dimension from the Modeller, and act as follows: paste a view with all the top elements in the various dimension selected, and "Scenario 1" as selection in your Scenario dimension: as an extreme case you should have just a result cell, expressing the value for your selection (e.g. sales for all products, all customers, all time, etc; Scenario 1) but value will be 0 because you are working on an empty scenario. Now type "Copy Actual" in the cell and press Enter, you'll see Palo working to copy all the base elements values from the Actual scenario to your Scenario 1...

You can also be more precise about the source area for the copy, e.g. when positioned on the Scenario 1 for Time = 2013, you could write "Copy Actual;2012" and Enter, to copy on Scenario 1-2013 data from Actual-2012, and so on.

The always useful manual explains this and other possibilities (advanced splashing algorithms) in detail, I suggest you to download from Jedox site and spend some time reading carefully,

best regards,
    RQ