OLAP Rule: passing values from one cube to another

OLAP Rule: passing values from one cube to another

Hello everyone,

I'm having issues with a rule, where I'm trying to pass values from one cube to another.

Cube A ("10JPlan_HR_01") has the following dimensions:
    1 Time
    2 Dataversion
    3 Department
    4 KPI
    5 Kostenstelle
    6 Cost Area

Cube B ("10JPlan_HR_02") has ONE dimension more:
    1 Time
    2 Dataversion
    3 Department
    4 KPI
    5 Kostenstelle
    6 Business Line
    7 Cost Area

I wan to load everything from cube A with the same dimensions into Cube B using the additional dimension 6 Business Line, which is predefined as 'Others'.

My rule looks like this so far:
    ['Others'] = PALO.DATA("Controlling","10JPlan_HR_01",!'Time',!'Dataversion',!'Departement',!'KPI',!'Kostenstelle',!'Cost Area')

Somehow this rule is not working.
    Does anyone have an idea why?
    Would be happy about any hints!!!

Thanks a lot,
    Madeleine
    Hi, it could be just a typo but your rule is missing be either B or C in the beginning of the right side of the rule. It tells the system whether the rule is applicable to base or consolidated elements. In your case the rule should only be calculate base level elements as you basically copy the data over at the highest level or granularity:

Source Code

1. ['Others'] = B: PALO.DATA("Controlling","10JPlan_HR_01",!'Time',!'Dataversion',!'Departement',!'KPI',!'Kostenstelle',!'Cost Area')

Best,
    Madis
    Hi,

B:/C: is not needed here.
    Are you sure you defined the rule in cube B? I think so, otherwise you would get error 'Others' element not found. Unless the element doesn't exist in some other dimension. To be sure change it to
    [''Business Line' : 'Others'] = PALO.DATA("Controlling","10JPlan_HR_01",!'Time',!'Dataversion',!'Departement',!'KPI',!'Kostenstelle',!'Cost Area')

Jiri

Post was edited 1 time, last by “jjunek” ().