Deactivate auto-calculation in web report

Deactivate auto-calculation in web report

Hi everyone,

first thinks first: I do not look for a way to deactivate the auto-calculation in the "File Manager" as I can do via Tools --> Auto-Calculate Data.

My Problem is that Jedox generally auto-calculates my reports in the Report Manager and I can not deactivate it.
    So i look for a way to deactivate this auto-calculation for a certain part of my report for example the rows 10 to 20 and trigger the calcualtion for this rows via a button.
    To illustrate it further:
    1. Start the report in the Report Manager
    2. Auto-calculate of the report except the a spezific part
    3. Calculated part is worked on (f.e. ComboBoxes)
    4. Click on "Refresh"-Button
    5. Spezific (until now not calculated part) is calculated by pushing the Button

Thank you for your help
    I can suggest a workaround, but only good if you data display grid size is relatively small.

Have the auto calculate turned on:
    >In the worksheet paste your view, but delete the PALO.DATA cells,
    >write a php macro to populate the data cell grid (check the members and relative position of cells and loop a palo.data and output to corresponding cells)-connect this function to POV dimension selection dropdown boxes ( if user wishes to change selection then the data would change).
    You could also attach this function to a (ROLLBACK) form button
    >have a equivalent php function which will take the data from data cells and do a PALO.SETDATA and attach that function to Submit button.

So if a user selects the dimension from selections, he/she would see the data in the grid (note that data is not connected to the database)
    User can enter the data in the cells - if they don't like it click on the rollback button.

Best regards.
    Noel.
    Thank you for you help Noel,

I have a big and variable grid size.
    To solve it I defined a name to distribute the Server to the Palo function in order to create the report.
    The checkboxes no change that name to "" so the Palo function doesnt calculate.

All the best
    Dnegelof