[solved] Subset with Filter for users

[solved] Subset with Filter for users

Hi there,

did anybody find a way to activate the system-dimensions in the subset-editor?
    We'd like to use them for user-specific dimension filters.

for example, only show those elements where user(group) XY has the right to Write or Delete.

best regards,

DataPhi

edit: sorry for the german title

Post was edited 2 times, last by “DataPhi” ().

DataPhi wrote:

So, what you are telling me is we can use the Jedox functions in the Text Filter part of the Subset?
    That would be great for more uses than just this problem!

yes, theoretically you can use any subset filter (but hierarchy does not make very much sense cause the dimensions of the sytem database are not hierarchical)

DataPhi wrote:

And 'in the subset editor no' means we have to write the subset manually into the sheet, correct?

correct. But you can generate the formula on a normal dimension and adapt it to the system dims/cubes accordingly
    laloune

Post hoc, non est propter hoc
    First of all, thank you for your help!

Right now I'm stuck with the DFilter:

SQL-Query

1. PALO.DFILTER(PALO.SUBCUBE("#_GROUP_DIMENSION_DATA_VERSION";"Group";);{"=";"R"};;;;4;TRUE)

The subcube should return all Elements for the coordinate "Group" which fulfill the criteria = R (Read access).
    As soon as i enter it into the Subset, it goes completely empty. No cell error, just empty!

SQL-Query

1. =PALO.SUBSET("Conn/Database";"Version";1;;PALO.DFILTER(PALO.SUBCUBE("#_GROUP_DIMENSION_DATA_VERSION";"Group";);{"=";"R"};;;;4;WAHR);;;;;PALO.SORT(1;0;;0;;0;1))

Is the aproach wrong if I want the elements which contain "R" for "Group" of the dimension "Version" ?
    Hi,

no the approach is correct. The execution just can be improved :)

what follows works, I've tested:

Source Code

1. =PALO.SUBSET("localhost/YourDB";"Dimension";1;;;;;PALO.DFILTER(PALO.SUBCUBE("#_GROUP_DIMENSION_DATA_Dimension";"theGroupYouWantTheElementsFor";);{"="."R"};;;;6);;PALO.SORT(1;0;;0;;0;1))
    laloune

good to know that the idea how to solve this was correct :)

The thing is, {"="."R"} produces an error at "."R" and the functionedtior tells me that {"="."R"} is invalid for operations

Oh and option 6 for the Celloperator is not described in the functioneditor as well (maybe 7 should be 6?)

DataPhi wrote:

The thing is, {"="."R"} produces an error at "."R" and the functionedtior tells me that {"="."R"} is invalid for operations

weird. Maybe a locale problem. Which locale do you use ? de_DE?

can you try with a range instead of the {"="."R"}?

DataPhi wrote:

Oh and option 6 for the Celloperator is not described in the functioneditor as well (maybe 7 should be 6?)

actually I used the formula generated by the Subset editor. Text Filter Param was 6
    laloune

ok something is off with the locale settings

I changed to en_GB and it wouldn't accept the dot either, so i replaced it with the semikolon now it's working
    oh and the parameter separator is the comma in this language

so what i have to do now is, find out which separator it is for the german localization
    try to make a dummy cube with two dimension, and one of both including text elements.

then try subsetting the second dimension with a text filter, and it will generate the formula for you. then you will know which separator this is
    laloune

way easier, it switched the formula for me on the localization change

it seems to me that the separator in the {} brackets should be the same as all other parameter separators in the formula

{"=";"R"} is working perfectly now!

there is no way to have OR logic in this am I right?

should I change the Title of this thread to solved?

Post was edited 1 time, last by “DataPhi” ().

DataPhi wrote:

there is no way to have OR logic in this am I right?

well no only AND seems to be available but you still can try using inverted conditions:

="R" OR ="D"
    should be something like
    <>"R" AND <>"D"

if I remember my boolean algebra courses well :)

Edit : it should have something to do with the Morgan's laws, see on wikipedia

didn't tested it though

DataPhi wrote:

should I change the Title of this thread to solved?

well this is no common practise but you can if you like
    laloune

Post was edited 1 time, last by “laloune” ().