Palo EADD does not create Hyrachies // Proclos AddIn 5.xxx is no descendant for PalOOCa 2.0.2

Palo EADD does not create Hyrachies // Proclos AddIn 5.xxx is no descendant for PalOOCa 2.0.2

Hi @ all,

the formular
      palo.eadd does not work properly, for example:

Database:
      localhost/test

Dimension: KTR

Now I want to import
      the following:

Basis-Element: 2500012312
      Next Level: 25000123
      Next Level: 25000

Formular1:
      =PALO.EADD(localhost/test;KTR;"n";2500012312;25000123;1)

Formular
      2: =PALO.EADD(localhost/test;KTR;"n";25000123;25000;1)

Now in the Modeller
      I get the Elements „2500012312“ and „25000123“, but not
      „25000“ and not the hyrachie 25000 → 25000123 → 2500012312

Any hint?

I work with PalOOCa
      2.0.2 and Palo Server 3.1; LibreOffice 3.4.7.2 and Windows 7

Btw: The „newer“
      Proclos-AddIn is useless because the „Import“-Funktion
      (Datenimport) is gone and so Palo.Eadd and Setdata doesn´t work at
      all. So Palo-Calc Add-In 5.xxx IS NOT the descendant of PalOOCa, it´s a
      great step backwards!

Thx 4 help!!!
      And there´s another thing:

In PalOOCa 5.2.1 (as well as in Excel AddIn 3.1) there´s one more field in the palo.eadd formular:
      After "Konsolidierungsfaktor - consolidation factor (?)" there is the option "Löschen - delete".

So does anyone know when the formular palo.eadd was extended? Maybe that´s the reason why it does
      not work in Version 2.0.2? Is there anywhere a download-link to version 2.0.3, perhaps it´s fixed there?

And if the eadd-formular works in 5.2.1, how can I do the import when there is no longer the menu integrated to start it???? (As well as running the setdata import?).

I work with Palo Server 3.1 64bit for Linux because it´s fast enough at least for a 100 million of datarecords and easy to install under Linux (which could handle that data --> no windows server is required, Windows [7] Pro can´t deal with so many datarecords in Palo-Server because it cant start the palo-server --> time limit), so there´s no need for another jedox server (5.x), only for a Calc-Addin-
      functionality like Palo for Excel!!!

Well, if - however - the setdata and eadd functionality in PalOOCa 5.2.1 works, i have to use the Jedox
      Server 5.x as well because it doesn´t work with Palo Server 3.1, right? (Palo Server 3.2 doesn´t work
      properly....it´s useless because of it´s failures)
      Where could i find a download-link for the jedox server 5.x 64bit Linux?? I need only the server, no ETL or whatever more.

Sometimes it seems like Palo (Open Source) should be a test but not usable for productivity...
      -->
      Palo Server 3.1 64bit Linux works fine with big data but newbies can´t find it anymore on the internet. And if they get it they don´t have the required start folders (I got them from Palo Server 2.5...).
      Now - if you´re lucky and got all you need - you could start for example a Linux Mint 64bit OS (which has the required Java included, not like Debian or Ubuntu ... and the right-management works fine with Palo-Server, not like Debian based OS) and then, after all it´s useless because eadd doesn´t work automatically (this is a must for productive controlling software because when you have thousands of
      records per day you can´t handle
      them by hand and if you have less records, you don´t need palo). Is it really the intention of Proclos or any other supporter to realize a open source software
      designed for users? Or do they create a playground for themselves?? What firm invests so much time
      in installing and testing all this stuff? --> They all use Windows Server, Windows SQL Server etc. and I think it´s
      good invested money instead of playing with libreoffice, linux and palooca...
      Or they buy Windows 7 (30 bugs) and Excel 2013 including Powerpivot (100 bugs) and things work
      fine.

Hope my testing contributes to the open-source project linux / libreoffice [incl. palo}, because it´s free
      for all and not depending on a single firm, but right now it doesn´t look like PalOOCa has a future and
      this makes libreoffice less usable in firms compared to MS Office (Excel) because MS has introduced
      a killerfeature: Powerpivot. And the open-source community has not even a good pivot in calc... the
      only hope is PalOOCa: More than 1 Mio records are possible (much more) and the pivot feature is integrated as well as the cube-functions and it´s usable for normal users or IT members who are not so familiar with open source.

And again, thx 4 helping me solving my questions!
      To come to an end in this thread:

PalOOCa works quite well in version 5-1-0, except of the formular EADD (no hyrachies are
      possible). In the actual 5.2.1 Import-functionality is removed so right now I can´t find any reason why
      to use this newer version).

To solve the EADD-failure I use Talend Open Studio Data Integration 5.6.2.
      (Also data-import and attribute-import is possible; it´s a full ETL-tool)
      Latest Version 6.0 can´t deal properly with Proxy-Server, right now it´s better
      to void it.

Talend also works together with MySQL 5 which I use as database. CSV-files, textfiles,
      MS SQL Server and many other sources are possible, too.

The OS is Linux Mint 17.2 64bit (as Server as well as for clients, but windows-clients
      are possible, too).

Palo Server is version 3.1 (the latest version 3.2 has failures which make it useless) and
      I have no clue where to get a 5.x server (only the server software).

After all, I think a fully open source solution instead of MS Excel, MS Windows Server and MS SQL
      Server (Database, Integration Services and Reporting Services) is available right now.
      --> Business Intelligence for free is possible! If anyone is interested in that, this is one way of
      doing it (no deeper it-knowledge or coding is needed).