Start macro when cell content changed? or: Execute macro via HYPERLINK? or: Change combobox selection via HYPERLINK?

Start macro when cell content changed? or: Execute macro via HYPERLINK? or: Change combobox selection via HYPERLINK?

Hi there,

I'm actually writing a report that fills and changes a cube, I found a nice example here: jedox.com/de/jedox-web-adjusting-data-with-buttons
    Something like this is what I want to do.

Now my problem: I have an attribute that can only contain A or B as value. I created a combobox with ={"A";"B"} to get a dropdown with these values. The combobox has @var as target.
    Clicking "add" Button the @var target is written into the cube.

I display all existing elements of the cube via dynarange after the form that can insert new data into the cube.

I now want to implement a "load" button for each entry of my database that loads the selected element and its attribut into the "add" form. The user should be able to change the values and to update the data.

I use =HYPERLINK("SELF";"load";"Edit data";B26;C5;C26;C7;D26;@var) for this. I tried to make @var as target for the data. using cells as target works but the combobox element is not being updated.

Now my questions:
    1. 1st approach: is it possible to update the selected item of the combobox out of HYPERLINK function?
    2. 2nd aproach: is it possible to listen for changed cells in the sheet via macro? So I think I could change combobox selection listening on changed cells via sheet macros.
    Does anyone have ideas for me? Thanks!

Florian
    Hi Florian,

variables as targets in Hyperlink function must be written with double quotes:

=HYPERLINK("SELF";"load";"Edit data";B26;C5;C26;C7;D26;"@var")

more information here : knowledgebase.jedox.com/knowledgebase/function-hyperlink/

to set your attributes with values A or B you can also put a validation list on the cell directly. it will set the attribute directly in the cube
    laloune

Post hoc, non est propter hoc