SVS: commit of written value and re-query

SVS: commit of written value and re-query

Hi Jedox fans,

I have another interesting question regarding SVS:

When is a changed $value really written (and committed) to the database/cube inside of an OnCellChange-Callback?

Background
    I developed a callback which is running some calculation steps after writing back the changed value:

Step 1
    Step 2
    palo_setdataa($value, ..) //write back the changed value
    Step 4 //start integrator job, which queries the same cube again
    Step 5

In step 3 the changed value is already written via setdataa into the cube.

However in Step 4 I need to get data from the same cube again within an Integrator package.
    But here I still get the old value, which is bad for the calculation.
    As there are several different KPIs/variables triggering the calculation it is not
    possible to send them to the integrator job as parameter.

So I really need to have this value already in the cube, when the Callback is not yet finished.

Thanks for any hint
    JCO

Post was edited 2 times, last by “JCO” ().

Update/Addition:

when I query the cube directly within the callback function via palo_data (PHP)
    then I already see the new value
    ..so it seems to be already in the cube but maybe not visible yet to other users/sessions
    ..because unfortunatelly the integrator package still does only get the old value..

..maybe this is working like isolation levels relational databases ?!

Post was edited 1 time, last by “JCO” ().

JCO wrote:

sible yet to other users/sessions
    ..because unfortunatelly the integrator package still does on

You are right. All the modifications to the database data and metadata are published for other connections at the moment the outer call successfully finishes. The modified data are visible within context of SVS custom code not from externally started tools.